• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rurouni Kenshin Season 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerseymilk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Well everybody has their opinions and are entitled to them. For me personally, the fillers, especially the Christian Arc were disappointing. Like AceRyonik, I also found everyone was often out of character. I didn't find Sayu's and Sano's relationship sincere or believable at all. Though that could be because I always enjoyed Sano and Megumi together more. Sayu and Sano were just downright boring when compared to the fiery relationship that Megumi and Sano had.

The other problem I had was with the characters introduced during these arcs in the third season. I found I couldn't relate to any of them. I can't explain why but I just couldn't and it wasn't like they weren't given a lot of backstory.

Then there's the feeling I got that the writers went around saying, "Hey, let's have a lot of this arc focus on Sano. Now let's have this one focus a lot on Yahiko." They just didn't hide that fact well enough for me, but I suppose now I'm just getting nitpicky....

Anyway, as I said before, to each his own.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
vickeyv wrote:
AceRyonik wrote:

We didn't see that side of him before because it doesn't exist. That's what I meanwhen I say a good many of the characters were out of characters most of the time.

No we saw that side, as in when he is caring and loving Sayu because it does, you didn't see it because you wanted to see "a good many characters". Face facts it wasn't in the hands of the anime producers this scenario and they were gonna bring in Aoshi, Saitou and the rest of these "good many characters" in the Revenge arc. The fillers are some thing which comes with Manga adapted series. The best you can do is watch it with your heart rather then what ever you think to view these "good many characters"

You are retarded. You are wrong and this character development went the wrong way.

It makes sense that the only person Sano should have ended up with was megumi. Those two had the beginning of a relationship.

WAtCh iT Witfh YeR HeRt. HA! Your ridiculous
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quote
vickeyv wrote:
Listen people the third season is without a doubt a brilliant piece of animation. The reason why its unfamous is because people are disapointed about the fact that the Final and Greatest arc of Rurouni Kenshin Saga was not animated.

I notice that the fans that are the most opposed to the third season tend to be hardcore Kenshin manga fans. They don't want to see anything that isn't 100% faithful to the original work.
vickeyv wrote:
Also the christian Arc is one of my favourtie arc because Sano gets amazing amounts of character development and we see a great side of him never shown before. Also there are great fillers exploreing the realtionship of Kenshina nd Karou and then theres Aoshi and Misao
From what I'm hearing this might not be in character to the manga version of Sanosuke, I will say that Sano in season 3 is consistant within his animated portayal from previous seasons. Season 3 focuses more on character (which is a bit different from the manga version) and less on fighting, which seems to have dissapointed many fans. I have no doubt that the final arc animated would have been good idea. Without it I will still say that the third season of Kenshin is most enjoyable.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:31 am Reply with quote
So not true. There was one arc that was pretty bad near the end. The one about the German Knights had two episodes that were bad enough to make me cringe. Otherwise, it's definitely worth watching and even buying. Some of the "filler" one shot episodes are classics. I love the one about the ring.

Luminal wrote:
Yes, it is very true, and very unfortunate because that is what got the series cancelled.

After Kenshin defeated Shi-shi-o there is nothing worth watching. They should have ended the series right there. There isn't any of that intense build up to amazing combats with incredible characters.

Just my opinion,

Luminal
vickeyv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:

You are retarded. You are wrong and this character development went the wrong way.

It makes sense that the only person Sano should have ended up with was megumi. Those two had the beginning of a relationship.

Actualy you give a greater impression of being a retard.
Sano is a guy not some one like you. If he sees a beautiful girl like Sayu offcourse he is gonna have feeling for her. We were never given the extent of the feelings, but they were there. And they never ended up together, so that contradicting extent of character development never precipitated. The producers just took Sano's caring feelings for poeple(these feelings were shown in earlier seasons) and illuminated them on Sayu. They are definitly consistent with previous seasons.

And again you harp about Megumi..............its a filler.............why can't you get it into your skull......the producer didn't have creative freedom to pull of such stunts.
Man seriously shut up if you are gonna make such open statements without any logic or solutions.

[/quote]
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote
vickeyv wrote:
Thanatos01s2 wrote:

Actualy you give a greater impression of being a retard.
Sano is a guy not some one like you. If he sees a beautiful girl like Sayu offcourse he is gonna have feeling for her. We were never given the extent of the feelings, but they were there. And they never ended up together, so that contradicting extent of character development never precipitated. The producers just took Sano's caring feelings for poeple(these feelings were shown in earlier seasons) and illuminated them on Sayu. They are definitly consistent with previous seasons.

And again you harp about Megumi..............its a filler.............why can't you get it into your skull......the producer didn't have creative freedom to pull of such stunts.
Man seriously shut up if you are gonna make such open statements without any logic or solutions.

[/quote]

Man how old are you 7? You take everything at face value. Not to mention if you read the manga you would know that sano and megumi get closer, if you look for it.

The show got butchered because the staff wanted to keep making money and they did have creative freedom they made 26 episodes of filler. If thats not freedom I don't know what it.

You are an idiot, it is that simple, the christian arc was lame and so was sayu. Sano focused on fighting, not woman, did you ever see him chasing women in the first two seasons? No only in the third, because it was all filler. I am done with your dumb ass.

Last edited by Thanatos01s2 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
vickeyv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:58 am Reply with quote
Its funny how you refer to me as a 7 year old and a dumb ass. A close look at your posting suggests the very same about you. Your post is full of sweeping statements, holes, and just opinion. The fact that you have to resort to words like "dumb ass" states that your logic and thoughts are premature

Thantos wrote:
The show got butchered because the staff wanted to keep making money and they did have creative freedom they made 26 episodes of filler. If thats not freedom I don't know what it.

Who the hell told you that. They aired fillers because the artist who made the manga was still working on the last story arc. Look whos the fool now. You can't even get this simple fact into your brain that they can't go animating the Revenge arc becasue he was writing it. Go check the release dates of the manga and airing dates of the TV series and reality will slap you on the face just the way you contradictions and fake information is doing to you.
In case your microscopic brain can't comprehend the freedom which comes with fillers let me tell you. They can't work with material which is to be told in the last arc. They can't form new bonds, thats why Sayu had to die. They can't kill off main characters. They were bound by several contractioal obligations. Beacuse of that they had to air fillers to buy time for the aritst and to honour contractioal obligations. Listen the artist took great pains to create the characters and story and he doesn't hand every thing on a silver plater. HE is the one calling the shots. Offcourse his manga gets story wise prefrences first. IF they aired the Revenge arc instead of the fillers, that what you are suggeting. The story would be spoiled for manga readers. people with tiny brains like you would go on blabbing about spoilers to the people who receive the Shonen Magazine. And this would piss off people who buy the subscription.
And in turn it would result in lossess for the guy who made the manga and the Shonen Magazine which prints it. So the best solution to it was to air fillers and then air the Revenge arc. Its a pity the network canceled the show. Getting canceled is not something uncommon in TV biz and happens all the time to several shows.

Your posts are so usless that they don't even have solutions to what could have been done. You just come in prove that you know Jack about anime, Jack about Kenshin and go around flaming me and the producers. If you wanna debate fine with me, just correct your language and your facts,
Get a life.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Your a fool vickeyv, I said you were a dumb ass because you are. No shit watsuki was doing the manga's. That is common sense. Te animation studio could have WAITED but they didn't, they wanted money so they kept animating a pointless 26 eps.

But you are right Kenshin's third season was a masterpiece, that s why it got takin off the air do to lack of fans. The third season was a waste of time and the animation studio should have waited.

You are a naive otaku.

I can't believe I have lowered myself to have an argument with an otaku.
AceRyonik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Dammit, someone lock this thread before someone gets killed. I think we've reached a conclusion:

"Although most of the episodes in Tales of the Meiji are good in their own right, the detachment from the original source and the poor batch of final episodes may disappoint fans of the series."
vickeyv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:17 pm Reply with quote
What the hell are you blabbing about. And calling me a fool, and dumb ass you think thats going to put more weight on your arguments. Hell no!
Facts are facts, and i gotta say your facts are wrong. And the fact that you keep on clinging onto them is making you look like a fake otaku who knows jack about kenshin and watched it on freaking low quality fansubs.

Thanthos wrote:
Te animation studio could have WAITED but they didn't, they wanted money so they kept animating a pointless 26 eps.

Frist off all you got another fact wrong there are more than 30 fillers. Secondly you are suggesting that they could have pulled Kenshin off the air and then taken a break. Now thats gotta be the most stupid thing i have ever heard any one saw. Kenshin used to air on a 7'o'clock Time slot. Do you know how important a 7'o'clock time slot is.......................
Are you even aware of contractial obligations. DO you think the TV show which would take Kenshin's 7 'o' clock slot will just hand it back to the Kenshin producers like "oh here you took your break, here take your slot back"
Even thu Kenshin, which was such an amazing show lost its life due to airing fillers, why the hell do you think shows like, Bleach, Naruto, One piece do it. Because its the only viable solution.
Do you know how business works. No i don't think so. The quality of your posts confirm this. IF they were to take Kenshin of air, they would be gambling with getting the same time slot again ( i am not going to explain to you about advertising, shoot your self if you don't know about such basic stuff)
Hell the chances of KEnshin getting any other slot could be distinctly thin as well. There are soo many shows vying for time slots. These things mean alot. And a non 7"0" clock slot might mean lower money. Since its obvious advertising companies pay the most for hot times like 7 "0" Clock. Hell some shows have to settle for times even past 12 "o"clock (night).
and in any case they would have lesser money if they took Kenshin off air......that would mean lesser budget for the REvenge arc. That would mean lesser cels. Lesser cells would mean lower animation quality. Lower animation quality would result in you blabbing again and again.

Its very easy to say "oh they could have just taken the show off air and then wow bring it back up" but its hellishly difficult to do it. When other anime producers are fighting for time slots like cats on a scrap of food.
You think you are smarter than the producers. You think you are something really big and you know every thing there is to know about Japanese Animation. Watching a couple of fansubs is not gonna make you better than the producers of the anime.
And you know what great shows get cancled every day............there is nothing new about it. If you didn't like the Fillers don't watch them. Just don't come here and start throwing fake facts that only exist in your world.
You talk about lowering your self, dude how lower can you get from where you are. You download anime for free and watch some one's work without paying them a cent and then you have the audacity to say that the fillers are garbage. Talk about weird.

IN fact i am very happy that i got to watch these "fillers" and i loved them. I liked them becasue i didn't watch them on some stupid fansubs but on Sony's (not media Blasters) dub of the show which was aired on AXN. The one in which they name the moves in English a long time ago.

Last edited by vickeyv on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quote
vickeyv wrote:
What the hell are you blabbing about. And calling me a fool, and dumb ass you think thats going to put more weight on your arguments. Hell no!
Facts are facts, and i gotta say your facts are wrong. And the fact that you keep on clinging onto them is making you look like a fake otaku who knows jack about kenshin and watched it on freaking low quality fansubs.

I didn't even read your moronic post. I think you are as hard of hearing as you are stupid. I said that I was done with you, otaku. Nothing will change your view, so why keep up this argument?
Gerinis Infinity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:
vickeyv wrote:

I didn't even read your moronic post. I think you are as hard of hearing as you are stupid. I said that I was done with you, otaku. Nothing will change your view, so why keep up this argument?

I bet you could change people's minds more effectivly if you didn't insult them at every oppertunity...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Gerinis Infinity wrote:
Thanatos01s2 wrote:
vickeyv wrote:

I bet you could change people's minds more effectivly if you didn't insult them at every oppertunity...

Ya but there is absolutely no fun in that.

Due to the lack of insults in this post, I must fix that: You need to learn how to spell. I count 1,2,3 mistakes in one sentence.
Gerinis Infinity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Thanatos01s2 wrote:
Gerinis Infinity wrote:
Thanatos01s2 wrote:
vickeyv wrote:

Ya but there is absolutely no fun in that.

Due to the lack of insults in this post, I must fix that: You need to learn how to spell. I count 1,2,3 mistakes in one sentence.

I just type, you can figure out the meaning yourself.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Sorry. As much as I dislike season 3 myself, I won't allow flaming. I'd have locked this sooner, but I've been very sick with a cold the last few days and haven't had much chance to browse the forums Anime dazed. Locked for flaming.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2