• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Trading Cards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animedude35

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote
The next boom of trading/gaming cards have arrived!

I'm gonna snatch these up and sell them to zealous parents Razz

[After further review of this article, it has come to my attention that these are just trading cards....and not the ones that becomes a game..... Where is the official Naruto card game Confused ]
TakinawaTonfa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
The first sets of the Naruto CCG don't get released until next month.
Treeloot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I will not spend 68 cents on postage for one free Naruto trading card when a package of them is $1.99.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Why waste money on trading cards? I honestly think that maybe getting like the manga to the series or the DVDs when they come out is more worth-while than collecting these paper-like things. I mean, I love Naruto, don't get me wrong, but trading card fandom only last for a little bit, which means it's a fad at that time.

Look what happened to Pokemon. All the cards on eBay are tons cheaper than what they used to be. I remember when people were forking over $200-300 for a 1st edition holographic Charizard. I wanted that card badly when I was little, but like 3 years ago, I went to a grocery store which had a trading card vending machine, and there was the holographic charizard for $3.

Thinking of all the wasted money I spent on Pokemon makes me emo inside. *sad sigh*
Animedude35

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:29 am Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
Why waste money on trading cards? I honestly think that maybe getting like the manga to the series or the DVDs when they come out is more worth-while than collecting these paper-like things. I mean, I love Naruto, don't get me wrong, but trading card fandom only last for a little bit, which means it's a fad at that time.

Look what happened to Pokemon. All the cards on eBay are tons cheaper than what they used to be. I remember when people were forking over $200-300 for a 1st edition holographic Charizard. I wanted that card badly when I was little, but like 3 years ago, I went to a grocery store which had a trading card vending machine, and there was the holographic charizard for $3.

Thinking of all the wasted money I spent on Pokemon makes me emo inside. *sad sigh*

I'm actually looking to capitalize on the popularity on the Naruto craze (hopefully it's going to be a craze) just like what happened with Pokemon and Yugioh TCG. Although I see no value in just regular trading cards, it's different from the TCGs because card is unique, and it's a card game, which makes kids want to get the cards to play the game. I had several people that I know who capitalized on the Yugioh craze, and he already has enough money to put 2 of his kids through college because of the Pokemon and Yugioh craze....Yeah, it's crazy, but people are willing to buy those hot cakes, and I want to make money (and maybe play a little) with the cards Wink
lledra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
^^ Like I don't have enough crap any way. I AM SO GOING TO COLLECT THESE!!! I get a pack rat gene from my mother and father, it is an inevitable fate, that I will die, if I do not collect one of every card. .... ^^

In all seriousness though, COLLECTIONS HAHAHAHA!!!
ahhh, now I have to put aside some extra money each month so I can go and buy a few packs.

the painfull fate of a collector!
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Animedude35 wrote:

I'm actually looking to capitalize on the popularity on the Naruto craze (hopefully it's going to be a craze) just like what happened with Pokemon and Yugioh TCG.

Naruto's big (somewhere between Inu Yasha and DBZ), but it will never approach Pokémon or Yu-Gi-Oh in terms of true mainstream crossover popularity.

The cartoon would have to be shown in a daily afterschool syndicated format or on Nickelodeon for it (and the associated CCG) to be Pokémon "big".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:

Naruto's big (somewhere between Inu Yasha and DBZ), but it will never approach Pokémon or Yu-Gi-Oh in terms of true mainstream crossover popularity.

The cartoon would have to be shown in a daily afterschool syndicated format or on Nickelodeon for it (and the associated CCG) to be Pokémon "big".

I couldn't agree with you more. I mean look at what time Naruto's on on Cartoon Network. It's on at 12:00 a.m. Fridays and 9:00 p.m. on Saturdays.

Pokémon was on at 7:00 a.m. in the morning during weekdays right before nearly every kid went to school. It then was put on Kids WB on Saturdays.

Naruto is too violent (by American standards) to be put on at mainstream times. Therefore it can never be as popular as Pokémon was to the youngsters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1