• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York ComicCon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Well, if we're all just going to namedrop random directors that sound cool, why not let Kevin Smith do it? He is, after all, a self-confessed fanboy. (In general terms.)

Thank you Captain Buzkill. I'm not naming random directors that sound "cool." I'm just presenting a list of directors I think are qualified to direct a Eva flick and trying to have a intelligent discussion.

Sydney2K wrote:
An interesting choice someone suggested on the Ain't It Cool News forums was David Cronenberg.

Hmm... Never thought about him. The Fly is a classic in the horror/suspence genre and I really liked A History of Violence. He could do a good job.
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I see TP has a lot of new titles scheduled as usual. Now about that Eva live action, it would be cool to see, but I'm not betting on the plot being great. It's hard to do, getting mechs and an anime-based plot right at the same time. The characters' personalities might come out completely different. I'm being too negative, aen't I? FMoS is coming out pretty slowly, I wonder who would want to wait that much? There ain't that much worth waiting so long for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3