• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Mark 25th Anniversary in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiesteria

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
unveiling new properties

7 Seeds! 7 Seeds! PLEASE!
opn

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
unveiling new properties

i expect the new propertys to be the following. manga selection
- beelzebub since kaze aka viz of europe has the manga license there its only a matter of time
- medaka box well this one is just a guess but i hope so since i love the manga so far
- needless this one is the most likely since its been published for awhile and sentai already released the anime
- neuro its been donig well for viz on their streaming portal so its likely

anime side
- cross game dvd release this is also just a guess and its unlikely
- strawberry 100% dvd release also unlikely
- tenjo tenge save their releaseing the manga so why not anime
- reborn this one is somewhat unlikely but i really hope so
- detroit metal city well they have the live action movie so it makes sence to license the anime
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Quote:
unveiling new properties

i expect the new propertys to be the following. manga selection
- beelzebub since kaze aka viz of europe has the manga license there its only a matter of time
- medaka box well this one is just a guess but i hope so since i love the manga so far
- needless this one is the most likely since its been published for awhile and sentai already released the anime
- neuro its been donig well for viz on their streaming portal so its likely

anime side
- cross game dvd release this is also just a guess and its unlikely
- strawberry 100% dvd release also unlikely
- tenjo tenge save their releaseing the manga so why not anime
- reborn this one is somewhat unlikely but i really hope so
- detroit metal city well they have the live action movie so it makes sence to license the anime

Considering Viz Media dropped the Reborn manga, I find it unlikely that they would license the anime. And even if they did and the sales were the same as with the manga, Viz Media might drop the anime version as well.

I would really like though if Viz Media licensed the anime version of Toriko and or Beelzebub. I will admit, Beelzebub is quickly becoming one of my favorite anime series from 2010 and I have truly enjoyed every episode.

Toriko (both the anime/manga) are just flat out awesome. With Toriko it's almost always exciting, intense and ultra enjoyable to read and watch. It's one of the few Shonen shows that has a main character cast that are all adults and is almost always action. No fluffiness or any boring romance (that I've seen/watched.)
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
I would like Viz to release the rest of Monster and the other animes they stop releasing for some reason

I'd even be satisfied, in certain sense, by a definitive announcement that they won't even release the rest of the series. That would be disappointing, but it would relieve me of some petty equivocation over buying the set that has been released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Good for them. At least they're still going strong, unlike other companies *cough* TOKYOPOP *cough*
Uh, I think going strong is an overstatement for Viz. Laughing But congratz to them all the same.

why would it be an overstatement?
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote
Possibly because I think they've gone through two rounds of layoffs already, and keep not finishing titles from their manga or DVDs.

I don't think they're quite on the edge (at least I hope not!), but they're not really "going strong" either.
pearbear

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote
-crosses fingers- Inuyasha: Final Act dub release date.... Inuyasha: Final Act dub release date.... Inuyasha: Final Act dub release date...
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
If the InuYasha: The Final Act dub release date isn't mentioned, I'm declaring shenanigans!!!

Also, I wonder what chance Kekkaishi has of having its conclusion animated in the same fashion, and since the ratings have been so good, would CN/[as] have a hand in co-producing it a la The Big O?

Or, would the Japanese beat us to it like they did with IY: The Final Act?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Viz Media 25th anniversary:

"25th anniversary? Oh I thought that was the number of shows we've dropped. LOL!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2