• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Transformers in the Encyclopedia

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:04 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Here's the list of titles (I believe in order) of all of the titles that were made originaly for the Japanese market:

Transformers: Zone (TV)
Transformers: Return of Convoy (TV) (AKA Transformers: Battlestars)
Transformers: Operation Combination (TV)

Actually...

- Transformers: Zone is a one-shot OAV.
- Return of Convoy was a novelization serialized in TV Guide Japan and was never animated. I don't know about Operation Combination being animated, though, as there are no records of an anime I could find on the net.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:47 pm Reply with quote
OK, I need to get better sources. Wink

Listing Zone as a TV series was a typo, I knew it was an OAV, I linked right too it in the encyclopedia where it already said (OAV). Oops. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Anyway I dug up the info on the other two. Return of Convoy/Battle Stars was started, but due to lack of interest was serialized in TV Magazine rather than broadcast. What I'm not clear on is whether it was in manga form, "cinemanga" form, or novel form. The animation was made and pictures were used in the ROC/BS toy catalogs, but I'm not sure if it is what was used in the magazine.

Same goes for Operation Combination, lack of interest caused it to be limited to a run in TV Magazine. Just like with ROC/BS a toy line was made and partially released. I assume there was an animated version started, but I can't figure out if it was used in TV Magazine.

You can verify this at http://www.seibertron.com/summaries/

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:59 pm Reply with quote
One more thing, since these were started and canceled they should remain in the encyclopedia just the same. There are a few examples already in the encyclopedia of anime that was developed, but never shown such as Lupin the VIII.

Also, here are some examples of what I believe were taken from the ROC/BS: Image 1, Image 2
I doubt their promotional work, they don't seem to match up with any of the other art in those catalogs.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2