• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Officially Announces Bleach Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
Yay. Not like we expected otherwise.

Personally, I am finding 4Kids' 15 March 2006 press conference to be much more interesting. Perhaps ANN should do a report...?

I assume they will announce the failure of One Piece and then drop it!!!!!!!!!!!!
.j.x.h.2.1.5.4..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quote
, , , ,

Last edited by .j.x.h.2.1.5.4.. on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
appleturbo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:

At least Bleach's American fanbase is filled with goths and fat guys that will make an impact to save their love. Though I'm not fat or Goth, Bleach is a part of my life.

Bleach needs to be a part of many anime fans lives. No it REALLY does need to be a part of their lives sniff sniff Shocked
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:32 pm Reply with quote
jxh2154 wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:
Bleach has more than one fan, my friend.

Uh, yeah. And I'm one of them. But if you think you'll be able to "rally all Bleach fans" to your anti-Ocean crusade, you're insane.

Take a stroll by the AS Inuyasha dub discussion on the forums

Quote:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned One Piece yet.

But it has nothing to do with Bleach being licensed.

I'm reffering to dubbing comparisons.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:32 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:
How are my bootlegs "against the law" if I buy them from one of the most famous anime dvd websites in America???

I can't believe you asked that question. It doesn't matter WHERE the bootlegs are purchased from. Bootlegs are inherently in and of themselves illegal copyright violations. Nobody but the person who put the eps together on that DVD really gets paid and in the end, EVERYBODY loses. The prices go up on products in order to make up for the financial losses. Sure, it's not exactly the same as shoplifting, but the effects it has on the market for honest buyers are still similar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:
I respect how Viz are putting it on the AS...

They said it will be aired on TV. They haven't said anything about it being on Adult Swim.
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:
How are my bootlegs "against the law" if I buy them from one of the most famous anime dvd websites in America???

I can't believe you asked that question. It doesn't matter WHERE the bootlegs are purchased from. Bootlegs are inherently in and of themselves illegal copyright violations. Nobody but the person who put the eps together on that DVD really gets paid and in the end, EVERYBODY loses. The prices go up on products in order to make up for the financial losses. Sure, it's not exactly the same as shoplifting, but the effects are still similar.

I wanted to watch Bleach on a DVD player instead of a computer.
.j.x.h.2.1.5.4..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote
, , , ,

Last edited by .j.x.h.2.1.5.4.. on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
saveonepiece:

The One Piece anime is dead in America. Seriously, I'm willing to bet 90% of the fans here, even the ones who do not like OP, recognize how high quality it is, and acknowledge the wasted potential. But it'll be two years this September since the dub's premiere, and complaining is really, really tiresome.

It is nice to dream about what would have happened had FUNi not lost the license or had Viz-ShoPro come into being just a short year earlier, but 4Kids nabbed it and it's not likely they will not relinquish the show. They've invested too deeply to back out now; like TokyoPop (with Initial D) before them, 4Kids has to bite the bullet.

Besides, had the OP dub not been so hideously bad, Naruto might not have been so good in comparison. I'm not sure about the dispositions of the Naruto dub (as, well, people do have varying tastes), but I get the impression that Viz took care when they handled the western distribution. Heck, they even corrected inaccuracies in the Japanese version; what few other companies can claim to have done that?
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:

Because they're bootlegs. They are unauthorized DVDs that don't adhere to copyright laws, and just because you paid money for them to someone doesn't mean they're legal all of a sudden.

SaveOnePiece wrote:
At least Bleach's American fanbase is filled with goths and fat guys that will make an impact to save their love. Though I'm not fat or Goth, Bleach is a part of my life.

Well, nice way to try and sum up the fanbase of the show and exactly what they'll do. I know plenty of people who watch/read Bleach, and only a few are "pleasantly plump" and none are goth. Not to say that there aren't those people our there, but I wouldn't classify the Bleach fanbase as just those people, just as Naruto isn't only watched by a bunch of middle-schoolers and One Piece isn't watched only by people who love more "cartoony" cartoons.
.j.x.h.2.1.5.4..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
, , , ,

Last edited by .j.x.h.2.1.5.4.. on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:
I respect how Viz are putting it on the AS...

They said it will be aired on TV. They haven't said anything about it being on Adult Swim.

If you've ever seen Bleach you will know that it isn't "now days Toonami" safe. It coulda' aired almost uncut back in the days of Yu Yu Hakusho,DBZ,Dragonball,Sailor Moon,Tenchi Rurouni Kenshin and Cyborg 009.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote
SaveOnePiece wrote:

Oh, of course. It's perfectly fine to buy illegal merchindise if you want to watch it on a DVD player. If only you would have said that in the first place.sarcasm
SaveOnePiece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quote
jxh2154 wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:

What you want isn't relevant in this case. Is this really your reason for claiming it was legal? I don't feel that you think through anything you post.

Wanting to see Bleach became such an obsession that I had to see it before I went insane.

Last edited by SaveOnePiece on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quote
jxh2154 wrote:
SaveOnePiece wrote:
Bleach has more than one fan, my friend.

Uh, yeah. And I'm one of them. But if you think you'll be able to "rally all Bleach fans" to your anti-Ocean crusade, you're insane.

I think we'll have a better chance of rallying all Bleach fans to kick SaveOnePiece out of the fandom for being an insufferable Bleachtard.

I like Bleach myself, but it's these motherBleachers Bleaching all the fun out of Bleach with their Bleached-up attitude.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12