• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Officially Announces Bleach Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syzygy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quote
i hope they get someone awesome for ichigo...cause i hate most dubs because they sound well...just fakey...otherwise i will continue to hit that audio selection button!!!
Momus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow. The whinging in this thread is spectacular.

That third story arc was really starting to kill any enjoyment I got out of the show. When it comes time to air that season in English, I'll be downloading the newer (and hopefully, better) episodes.
Nebs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Zython wrote:
I have one question though. What's the deal with everyone saying, "Bleach is a SJ title, so Viz already had the rights to the anime"? Last time I checked, one instance (Naruto) does not make a pattern. Or has everyone forgotten about Dragonball, YuYu Hakusho (Funimation), Yu-gi-oh, Shaman King, One Piece (4 Kids), Saint Seiya (ADV/DiC), Slam Dunk (Geneon), Fist of the North Star (Manga Entertainment), and probably some others? I know they have the licensing rights to the SJ mangas, but their respective animes are separate entities.

Those were all licensed before the merger. Some LONG before the merger. How can you compare Naruto's licensing to that of DragonBall? That's a 10 year difference.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bayoab

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:41 am Reply with quote
Lyrai wrote:
Somewhere on the site is an article about that anime. I can't recall it off the top of my head, but it was basically something along the lines of "Fansubbers have succeeded" because the show was being released simultaneiously. If anyone knows what the anime is, a link would be appreciated.

Aha. Found it.
Quote:

Erementar Gerad is to be released simultaneously in Japan and North America in April 2005.

animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4659

(Here we are 1 year later: It's not out, Geneon has the license, and ADV will not comment on what happened.)
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:12 am Reply with quote
Well FUni is only alil better than VIZ...my problem with viz is thet have been going downhil for the most part sicne ranma,Inu was bearable but WTF did they do to naruto the VA casting is horried!
I hope they actualy work on bleachs VAing or it will not be worth touching the dub,if narutos dub was better I would be happy to buy the dvds but ick...I am better off with the fan subs...

Naruto has a to TV feel to it....it feels rushed and slightly mishandled....I hope Bleach gets alot more respect!
it should sicne its aimed at a older audiance....but you enver know ><

OMG! I just noticed the subtitle a mod gave me *LOL*
god I am slow this year..it must be the dail up effecting my brain ><

Last edited by Zippydsm on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Zython

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
Zython wrote:
I have one question though. What's the deal with everyone saying, "Bleach is a SJ title, so Viz already had the rights to the anime"? Last time I checked, one instance (Naruto) does not make a pattern. Or has everyone forgotten about Dragonball, YuYu Hakusho (Funimation), Yu-gi-oh, Shaman King, One Piece (4 Kids), Saint Seiya (ADV/DiC), Slam Dunk (Geneon), Fist of the North Star (Manga Entertainment), and probably some others? I know they have the licensing rights to the SJ mangas, but their respective animes are separate entities.

Those were all licensed before the merger. Some LONG before the merger. How can you compare Naruto's licensing to that of DragonBall? That's a 10 year difference.

That still doesn't explain One Piece and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, which were both licensed after th merger. Maybe Viz just has a deal with Pierrot Studios? I think that would make a bit more sense.
Yamamaya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:01 am Reply with quote
I just hope that when they eventually release the DVDs VIZ will have the heart to include the Japanese language track w/subtitles . What they're doing with Naruto is aweful. Only the English track w/ 4 episodes per DVD, that's just asking for people to buy bootlegs! I want to know when companies will finaly take a hint and just release longer series like this in boxsets?

Other than that, Bleach is a great series so it's about time they brought it over!
patch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:48 am Reply with quote
Yamamaya wrote:
I just hope that when they eventually release the DVDs VIZ will have the heart to include the Japanese language track w/subtitles . What they're doing with Naruto is aweful. Only the English track w/ 4 episodes per DVD, that's just asking for people to buy bootlegs! I want to know when companies will finaly take a hint and just release longer series like this in boxsets?

Are you serious or just trolling? Viz is releasing 13 episode uncut dual audio DVD boxsets of Naruto starting this summer.

I'm hoping they'll go with 26 episodes for bleach. Wink
Yamamaya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:08 am Reply with quote
Well that's good news then. I just wish they would do that from the start; it bothers me.
Alex K.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:11 am Reply with quote
syzygy wrote:
i hope they get someone awesome for ichigo...cause i hate most dubs because they sound well...just fakey...otherwise i will continue to hit that audio selection button!!!

If you're going to make fun of dubs, at least use REAL words. "Fakey" is not a word, nor do dubs "sound fake." Except One Piece.
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote
Alex K.
Make fun of the dub?...so..your saying the VA selection for naruto dosent reek?
besides fakey=hoaky= ITS A WORD!...altho I am one to talk *L*

Yamamaya
UUmmmm Viz AINT 4kids yet,as bad as the VAing for naruto is its still getting a "normal DVD release" altho that wont help the VAING...but oh well.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Akira112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote
So when will Bleach be released in the U.S.?
stvns_mtthw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:13 am Reply with quote
any tv show (including anime) that has not been licensed for distribution in the united states, is legal to be distributed by anyone. therefore, if someone were to obtain these dvd's before the tv show became licensed, it isn't illegal.
Kouji

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote
Just because something isn't licensed in the U.S. doesn't mean that bootlegs and fansubs aren't illegal. Unlicensed anime might not be under U.S. copyright protection but they are under Japanese copyright protection and last time I checked, piracy was still illegal in Japan, so bootlegs and fansubs are always illegal. Don't confuse ethetics with legality. Anyway, this news about Bleach isn't really surprising. I've never seen Bleach but I am aware that it's growing in popularity and is quickly becoming a rival to Naruto. Since Viz seems to want to be targeting this title to teens instead of kids, there may be a greater chance of Bleach going to Adult Swim and getting the uncut dub treatment. It'd be nice if it did since Adult Swim could always use new anime, especially sice it looks like Inuyasha is about to end soon. If Bleach does wind up on Toonami, it'll probably be dubbed like Naruto, with at TVPG rating and only slight visual edits here and there, and an uncut DVD release in the U.S. Either way it's almost a gurantee that there'll at least be uncut DVDs of this. Even though I've never seen Bleach, I sort of do hope it'll air on Adult Swim, so hopefully that'll mean the release of the dub could move faster than Naruto, since it'll be able to air more than just once a week as I'll feel sorry for the Bleach fans if they wind up only releasing 26 episodes of Bleach on DVD per year like Naruto.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote
All these posts, and no references to "Are they still on Namek?" and "Bleach is DBZ."

And no references to this comic: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=148

The whining I could take....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12