• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which anime has your favourite music and why?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
InuYasha is the best. they have very cool music
Jake Jung

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:07 am Reply with quote
I've always personally enjoyed the music in Noir, particularly Canta Per Me.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Music from hack sign. It has a surreal quality to it.
omiya

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Jake Jung wrote:
I've always personally enjoyed the music in Noir, particularly Canta Per Me.

Hikari14 wrote:
Music from hack sign. It has a surreal quality to it.

It might be worth checking out this clip of Yuki Kajiura live vol.#2 (2008.07.31):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghqWW5DuZwc

There are some tracks from Noir and .hack//SIGN on it.

Both Noir and .hack//SIGN also had music from the Yuki Kajiura / Chiaki Ishikawa duet See-Saw (Indio and Love in Noir, Kimi ga ita Monogatari, Kioku, Obsession, Yasashii Yoake in .hack//SIGN) which added to the variety of vocal styles in both OSTs.

Who sang what in those OSTs can be found out by browsing https://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/.
Kopp

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:09 am Reply with quote
#856523 wrote:
InuYasha is the best. they have very cool music

Totally agree!
Also I do like flying my DJI drones listening to music!
don't know what to choose: Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom? I can help you out!

Last edited by Kopp on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Zubby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
FLCL has great music, which led to my buying a few expensive imported Pillows cd's. Once, I ordered a couple used Pillows cd's online (they were actually pretty cheap as well) and when they arrived, they were autographed Smile So yes, I own a couple cd's autographed by the Pillows!

Yuri on Ice also has really great music. Not an easy task for a composer to write music in various different styles, that is able to be used for skating routines and also reflect the characters' personalities.

I liked a lot of the music in Durarara as well. Some of it's kind of goofy, but it fits the show well.
GoddessOtome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Its easier for me to choose my favorite songs honestly.

1.) Dreamcatcher by Nano (Ending theme of Magical Girl Raising Project)
2.) Moving Soul by Minami Kuirbiyashi (Opening Theme Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya)
3.) Juken Sentai Gekiranger by Takayoshi Tanimto feat Young Fresh (Opening Theme Juken Sentai Gekiranger)
4.) Lay Your Hands On Me (Opening Theme Kiznaiver)
5.) #Rainbow of Hope# by Aya Ikeda (Ending Theme of Suite PreCure)
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
GoddessOtome wrote:
Its easier for me to choose my favorite songs honestly.

The thread is unfortunately about what anime has your favorite songs and why they are, not just simply listing song titles. List posts are frowned upon here. If you could at least explain why those songs are your favorite that would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I find a great soundtrack to be a very fitting addition to a great animation. In fact, in most of my favorites the soundtrack plays a great role in making these pieces great:

Miyazaki's films: The soundtrack of Miyazaki's films was composed by Joe Hisaishi whose style is minimalistic music which is very emotional and tries to extract the greatest amount of emotion per note. My favorite of his soundtracks are Princess Mononoke's and Spirited Away as well as Nausicaa's. They are also my favorite movie soundtracks.

Haibane Renmei: Soundtrack was composed by Ko Otani, also one of the best Japanese film composers, he also did the soundtrack for other animations and live action films as well as videogames like Shadow of the Colossus.

Madoka: Composed by Kajuira Yuki, it's her masterpiece in my opinion. The score feels very "folkish" reminding me a bit of Medieval European folk music of the type fitting with witches.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I have to disagree, Yuki Kajuira's masterpiece is the soundtrack to Noir where her music becomes part of the plot; Sure you can point out Canta Per Me or Salvos Nos if you're in the mood but the piece that always gets to me is Melody, the piece that works off the show's pocket watch chime and turns into a dance mix... which tends to happen a lot with her music.

Also, I'm a fan of film so I get a kick out of the tribute to For a Few Dollars More and Morricone's score there. I just wished I liked the show... More? At all, honestly.

For a single track by Kajuira I love, it's My Hime's Mezame which is one half house music, half battle music... because the ritual itself refers to dancing so whenever this music starts up, you know someone is going to get a face full of jet dragon.

For a second track, I like, scratch that, love Madlax's Lost Command which takes a march and turns it on its head somehow, adding a persistent beat to its strident forward drive. There's also the insert songs "Nowhere" and "I'm Here" but they're more a joint venture of Kajuira's Fictionjunction to me than solo racks. Still no less awesome with Madlax playing a military game of hide and seek set to "I'm here.". "Margaret" is also good if, like the character it's named after, not as memorable.

I guess the downside is that people need to have seen these shows. I never could list a single track from Madoka or say for certain what any her later works are but I feel the same thing has happened to film composer Danny Elfman; When he didn't know what he was doing, he wasn't making normal soundtrack music and did pieces that stuck out but after awhile, after learning what to do after creating soundtrack after soundtrack, he learned to streamline his creative process... or ran out of good ideas.

Unobtrusive ... hold on...music made to fit the film properly will not stick out which better serves its intended use but it will not stick out in the mind as much if at all. Film composers who did a great job of walking this line throughout their career include Ennio Morricone, John Williams and Godzilla's own Akira Ifukube by using marches and theme music as the baseline for the completed score..
TwistTale

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Because I hear this all the time, this is my favorite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IMFQYsWJfI
TwistTale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Ai Yori Aoshi ( and Enishi)- Absolutely love all the instrumentals. They were all done by Toshio Masuda and they're very relaxing and sound somewhat like traditional music. The OPs and EDs are great too.

Escaflowne - The opening song, which was sung by Maaya Sakamoto, is superb. That yearning feeling.

Inuyasha - It has lots of great songs but my favorite one is Four Seasons by Amuro Namie.
Woomy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
It's been said before, but Fooly Cooly introduced me to The Pillows, and I love a lot of their music now. Favorite Pillows track would have to be "Split Emotion".
Hitkid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 am Reply with quote
I'm going to list the series that have affected me the most, in terms of main themes, led me to know more music, or about the people...

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne-- This one is primarily responsible for getting me into J-rock, and I did end up loving all the artists involved (Lastier, Hibiki (and by extention D-Shade), Shazna, Pierrot).

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex-- Inner Universe blew me away from the get-go (as did Lithium Flower), those songs hit all the sweet spots musically, and among my tops in music in general. I feel like Origa's passing has had an affect on my fondness for her songs... and I only recently learned about Scott Matthew, and am sure to check him out too. And of course I have to mention Yoko Kanno, who made it all possible!

Inuyasha-- I didn't know of many female singers at the time, and this soundtrack is chock full of them. I'll probably remember Do As Infinity's Fukai Mori the most. The entire soundtrack is excellent and screams "Feudal Era".

Akagi-- Who would have ever expected a show to use an antiquated folksy tune in Nantoka Nare by Furuido? Definitely one of the stand-out choices in all anime, and a foreign singer isn't even involved! The endings are good too (though Maximum the Hormone is understated here), and so is just about the entire soundtrack!

Fist of the North Star (Movie included)-- I only need to mention two of the most badass bands were involved: Crystal King and Kodomo Band! (But I'll still say the entire soundtrack kills it.) Purple Eyes is gonna haunt me to my grave, I swear...

I've also got several Honourable Mentions (such as Death Note, .hack series, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach).

So that about wraps it up. Whew!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:11 am Reply with quote
My personal preferences

1.Fate stay night (2007)

great background music for emotional scenes
2. Hunter x hunter

3. Angel beats

4. Gintama

Emotional ones
5. Bleach

Ichigo fighting themes
6. Zeteusen no temptest

7. Steins gate

8. Death note

There are many more but these are the ones that left heavy imprint on my mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 15