• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Wake Up With the Count

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Chang wrote:
I've said all I came to say and I've said it too much. Good day to you, ladies and gentlemen. I shall not return.

Wow. 2 years, 7 posts, no boasts.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
icepick314 wrote:
and i think someone's making a BS...Best Buy not wanting to carry any *anime* title that has word "Princess"??!?!! it sounds really fishy with that explanation...

("anime" added)

You don't have to believe me on this if you don't want to, because I'm not quite convinced of it myself. However, I was at a convention a few weeks ago, and had a conversation with a well-known ADV voice actor. (I'd rather keep him anonymous, because I'd rather not see him get attacked on message boards or have people sending him e-mail about "is this UFO Princess stuff really true?") He was the one who told me about the story behind the name change.

I don't doubt you, but I do doubt that is the real reason. I don't think Best Buy cares much about the title just so long as the product will sell. They carry Princess Tutu and I see Sister Princess on their shelves at most stores still as well. It is possible, but it just doesn't seem too likely to me. The voice actor may have simply heard a rumor, they're no rarer in the corporate world than they were in high school or in the entertainment industry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:44 am Reply with quote
Sakechan: Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you. Did you ever get Princess Peach for the DS?
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Sakechan: Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you. Did you ever get Princess Peach for the DS?

No. Sad I kinda lost interest in my DS for awhile. Now I've got KHII to keep my mind off things. Once that's done, though, I'll be looking to sink more time into my DS (and my neglected nintendogs).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4