• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: IFC Anime Documentary Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jboncha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:16 am Reply with quote
The link on the IFC site isnt working.

J B
bleuster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote
The hidden/high-lighted message I got...
Quote:
Your browser does not appear to have Flash Player 7.

This content requires the Macromedia Flash Player 8.

Oh, well. Seeing how IFC is one of the few channels I can tolerate these days, this is something I'm looking forward to seeing(The Samurai block is the greatest thing to hit Saturday mornings since X-Men). I just wonder what exactly is it going to cover, and how deep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
totalgeek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I was kind of disappointed with the clips. They were only about 3 minutes long without the closing credits. I also only found 2 clips. Maybe I missed something, though.

The clip about the tape trading and fansubbing seemed too sympathetic to fansubbers, but I guess that is just because I'm against fansubbing, in general.

I think the clips would have been better if they had been about 10 minutes in length each. Although, it could be that they plan to have more clips that would total a half hour or more, which might make it okay that they only focused a few minutes on each area.
Ztarr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:

The clip about the tape trading and fansubbing seemed too sympathetic to fansubbers, but I guess that is just because I'm against fansubbing, in general.

LOL

Against fansubbing? WTF? why?

The only thing fansubbing hurts is BAD anime. If a series is good, fans of it will still buy the DVDs, even if they've seen fansubs of it. Fan subs save people from spending money on bad anime, and lets anime fans watch series that may not get licensed for a long time, if ever.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Ztarr wrote:
The only thing fansubbing hurts is BAD anime. If a series is good, fans of it will still buy the DVDs, even if they've seen fansubs of it. Fan subs save people from spending money on bad anime, and lets anime fans watch series that may not get licensed for a long time, if ever.

Except it doesn't work that way. As with music before iTunes, downloading anime is usually less about sampling and more about freeloading, and freeloaders don't buy stuff if they can download it for free.

If you want to chat about fansubs more, start a thread in the anime forum.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1