• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bodacious Space Pirates Film's 1st Teaser Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Nico1924 wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Nico1924 wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
DVD/BD in America....make it happen, Sentai. The series wasn't nearly enough for me....I need more.

There cannot be news without comments like "Please bring this to USA"...
This movie is far from being released in Japan but american people are already making it all about themselves. Rolling Eyes

Well, yes, because "making it all about me" ultimately puts money in their pockets, so why shouldn't we get something that we want to pay for? Rolling Eyes

That wasn't my point.
I understand people want to have japanese animes/movies released in their country on DVD/BD... But this news is about a movie going to be released on theaters, in Japan, in 5 months and you're already all "bring this to USA on DVD, Seintai"... Confused

And yet, here's the news on an American/UK/English-speaking site. If Japan wanted to keep the news....you know...Japan-only, why bother announcing it on this site? Obviously, I already know it needs a Japanese run first, but that doesn't stop people from wanting it brought over after it's initial run. You see posts like this all the time, so why is this time any different? Seems kind of silly to be all like "It's Japanese, not for you!" when the news is released on a site that's...you know, for "me", aka, America/UK/Whatever.
Nico1924

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
Nico1924 wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Nico1924 wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
DVD/BD in America....make it happen, Sentai. The series wasn't nearly enough for me....I need more.

There cannot be news without comments like "Please bring this to USA"...
This movie is far from being released in Japan but american people are already making it all about themselves. Rolling Eyes

Well, yes, because "making it all about me" ultimately puts money in their pockets, so why shouldn't we get something that we want to pay for? Rolling Eyes

That wasn't my point.
I understand people want to have japanese animes/movies released in their country on DVD/BD... But this news is about a movie going to be released on theaters, in Japan, in 5 months and you're already all "bring this to USA on DVD, Seintai"... Confused

And yet, here's the news on an American/UK/English-speaking site. If Japan wanted to keep the news....you know...Japan-only, why bother announcing it on this site? Obviously, I already know it needs a Japanese run first, but that doesn't stop people from wanting it brought over after it's initial run. You see posts like this all the time, so why is this time any different? Seems kind of silly to be all like "It's Japanese, not for you!" when the news is released on a site that's...you know, for "me", aka, America/UK/Whatever.

It's true we see this kind of post all the time, so what makes it different this time? Because the news was about a teaser for a movie far from being released and the first comment I read was "I want it on DVD here in USA" Confused
It was like a parody of these posts.

"It's Japanese, not for you!".... ok... that's not what I said but whatever
hpulley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
'Japan', or I think you meant the Japanese production company, didn't announce anything on this site. They never do or only very rarely. ANN picks up Japanese news stories, translates and abridges them and posts articles here. That's why there is nothing here for you.

If and when Sentai or someone else gets the rights to it here, then there will be another article about that.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for it to air here but only the very biggest like Madoka and Ghibli stuff air here outside of the film festival circuit. I doubt we'll see Mouretsu Pirates in theatres here.
AlanMintaka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quote
Nico1924 wrote:
But this news is about a movie going to be released on theaters, in Japan, in 5 months and you're already all "bring this to USA on DVD, Seintai"... Confused

Why not?

We want to see it here. Is it too soon to for us express this sentiment in Nico1924's universe?

Live with it. I know you can do it.

You might also want to consider the irony of appointing yourself as judge of Americans who are "already all 'bring this to USA on DVD'"

We didn't establish a judgemental context in this thread,

You did.

All we did was express a desire to see the series released here.

You are the self-appointed judge over, of all the trivial things that could possibly bother anyone anywhere, the expression of a desire to see an anime series released in America. This self-appointment to the title of judge of all Americans (you used the word "all" - not me) entitled you to say "you're already all 'bring this to USA on DVD.'"

Yes, your honor. We apologize.

Americans are very sensitive to this kind of behavior because we see it so often in our own poltiical system - especially when it comes to people who condemn others for engaging in behavior they themselves practice.

We call it "hypocrisy".
Brimfyre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
If anyone is ever curious as to why subsnobs prefer subs over dubs, look no further than this series. Watching the dub at a can nearly killed this series for me. Abysmal.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
Definitely not Sentai's best work - the opening narration felt awkward(though that's a given, given "Sea of the Morning Star" isn't anything but in English), but just one line of their Blaster Ririka was enough for me to switch back to the Japanese track.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2