• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Picks up Bleach

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dexo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Woo Hoo...

I hope Viz does the same thing with Bleach as it does with Naruto Release episodes in Boxset format...
ph34rm4573r

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait. All there is to worry about is english voices. I hope they keep some of the Japanese terms like shinigami, zanpaktou, ect... I dont think censorship is a concern seeing how little was cut out of Samurai Champloo. I wondered how much [AS] will promote Bleach. I have a feeling Bleach will get a huge following after its big debut. Man I hope they get the first episode done soon so that they can give a sneak preview at an anime convention over the summer.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quote
wow... i cannot say i saw that coming. no really i'm shocked Rolling Eyes
Animedude35

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Wow....Wow......

This is great for all Bleach fans everywhere and that there should be no complaining on the treatment of the edits because AS knows what its audiences want.

A few comments however, Steve Blum as Ichigo = no good because of the fact that he would sound too old for Ichigo and he's more of what's the cats name voice (bah I forgot).

Also, I wouldn't be concerned about any edits to this series just because of what they show in the other time slots (Boondocks for instance). So the only thing that's really wrong is how the dub is (which I don't mind unless it's really horrid) and how fast they can keep up with all the Bleach fans.
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Woot! Today has been a good day for anime news. I just read a hours ago that Voltron is coming to DVD this fall, and now I just found out I can watch Bleach on US TV in the fall too!

Yay! Congrats for Viz getting Bleach out as soon as possible, and even more kudos for them getting an AS airing. Looking forward to it.

Personally, I know there won't be many edits, so that's good. I'm hoping that they can get either Studiopolis or Bang Zoom to do the dub, since they're both in the LA area. Who else wants Lex Lang to voice Ichigo?

Or even if they choose to dub Bleach with Ocean Studios, I'll look forward to that too. They may be an overused VA studio, but I like much of the talent that they've got.
zhafire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote
This is so awesome! I can't wait! Very Happy Thanks for the news!
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
theoriginalbilis wrote:
Or even if they choose to dub Bleach with Ocean Studios, I'll look forward to that too. They may be an overused VA studio, but I like much of the talent that they've got.

Maybe it's just me, but all 4 regions (Los Angeles, New York, Texas, Canada) seem to be overused.
Iconoclast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quote
yay! I'm a fan of the manga and I've been wanting to really see the show. Neat <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote
This is sexy! More anime on Adult Swim! I can't wait! I just started the Japanese version of Bleach a little while ago. Now I can just watch it in English!
herbkir

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Smart move, AS! You've now picked up 2 titles (Eureka 7 and Bleach) that have spawned legions of obsessed fans. Hopefully, the fans' obsession will translate into big anime ratings (if AS promotes the shows decently). (^_*)
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote
RyoShin wrote:
And then maybe they'll figure out that they'll get more viewers if they actually advertise Saturday during other days.

Whoa, slow down there big guy. Your thinking way to outside the box. Advertising=ratings. Now who is crazy. Anime dazed

Bleach on AS, cool. Never seen Bleach. But I have herd so much about it. I'm always in favor of AS getting new shows to end the re-run cycle.

Though I still think it would be cool if they kept re-running older shows, but after 1:00 CST when the original lineup ends and they just repeat everything they have already shown. Hell, make it a full night of AS. No premiers or anything like that. But this would be the time to show Bebop, Trigun, and older Inuyasha episodes for the 500th time. Just a thought.
Crescent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote
RyoShin wrote:
And then maybe they'll figure out that they'll get more viewers if they actually advertise Saturday during other days.

Meh, yeah :/ This has been my only real beef with adult swim. There's been a lot of people complaining about how they need to advertise the Saturday anime on Sundays/weeknights everytime low-rating problems have come up with the Saturday block, and they've yet to do anything about it >_> (aside from the on-again, off-again hour of comedy lead-ins to help bolster ratings)
jboncha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote
This is great news.
I cant wait to see this show dubbed.
Hopefully this will mean that there's a good chance that the dubbed DVDs will be available before Xmas 2006.

J B
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Crescent wrote:
RyoShin wrote:

Meh, yeah :/ This has been my only real beef with adult swim. There's been a lot of people complaining about how they need to advertise the Saturday anime on Sundays/weeknights everytime low-rating problems have come up with the Saturday block, and they've yet to do anything about it >_> (aside from the on-again, off-again hour of comedy lead-ins to help bolster ratings)
Of all the time slots on the schedules Saturday night is the toughest one to get good ratings on. A show has to be mighty appealing to keep people from wanting to go out of the house.
silverwings

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote
alright! I can't wait to see Bleach on TV, though at least Eureka 7 can hold me over til then.

I can't say I care who voices Ichigo at the moment, but I want Yuri to voice Ishida. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7