• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Picks up Bleach

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Dang, ANN is late on this one. Wasn't this announced over a week ago? Anyway, at least its not on Toonami so this should be pretty good. (I'm sticking with the original version though)
Brakus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but all 4 regions (Los Angeles, New York, Texas, Canada) seem to be overused.

Maybe it's because those are the only 4 regions were anime is being dubbed in English.

Bakayaro.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Just as I thought, and hoped for; I'm glad to see Bleach coming on TV. I figured it'd be InuYasha's replacement and it looks like that's the case; there's 27 more episodes of IY, and at the current trend of an ep a week the series will end in Sept/Oct.

Looking forward to this fall!
CannibalTree

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Ah great, another great anime falls prey to horrible english dubbing...oh how I despise [AS] for airing that junk. They should stick to their own programming and leave the corrupted anime well enough alone.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
Dang, ANN is late on this one. Wasn't this announced over a week ago? Anyway, at least its not on Toonami so this should be pretty good. (I'm sticking with the original version though)

For what it's worth, the official announcement was today, and I'm pretty sure Bleach wasn't leaked ahead of time like Eureka 7 was.
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it didn't take long for the "OMFG It's going to edit and bad dubbed to heck." post to start. Like it's been said, and said, and said, and said, and said, if you don't like it edit for TV verison or dub, buy the flippn' DVD and move on.

Good for Bleach fans and AS anime fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Fallcon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
O.o well at least everyone should just chill out, there is not much people can do to put pressure on Dubs. So don't worry if the dubs are not the best. But Remember...if you must be say somthing about it...WAIT UNTILL THE FREAKING THING COMES OUT!!!
...Than by all means go nuts

Till than keep up the good work Smile
ThirdWizard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Of all the time slots on the schedules Saturday night is the toughest one to get good ratings on. A show has to be mighty appealing to keep people from wanting to go out of the house.

Go... out...? As in... out side? That's crazy talk.
RezSav

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
FMA baby

Last edited by RezSav on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
EDITED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
ThirdWizard wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Of all the time slots on the schedules Saturday night is the toughest one to get good ratings on. A show has to be mighty appealing to keep people from wanting to go out of the house.

Go... out...? As in... out side? That's crazy talk.

Outside? Why would I do that?

Anywho, I was expecting Bleach to go on [AS] and its nice to hear an official announcement confirming it.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I was actually waiting for Toonami to grab this, in respect of Naruto. (Well, Bleach is a little older.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote
CannibalTree wrote:
Ah great, another great anime falls prey to horrible english dubbing...oh how I despise [AS] for airing that junk. They should stick to their own programming and leave the corrupted anime well enough alone.

Bambi: But why can't I go out to play now, mother?
Bambi's Mom: You must be careful . . . teh dub haterz have entered the forest.

Please. Wait 6-7 months to watch an episode. Lord.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

Which is why they put so much anime on Saturday, because it's the least risky night to show anime as the ratings are already soft anyway.

They aren't going to sacrifice many pre-midnight timeslots on higher-rated weekday evenings to anime when an American comedy cartoon would get three times the viewers or more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote
JMays wrote:
Romuska wrote:

For what it's worth, the official announcement was today, and I'm pretty sure Bleach wasn't leaked ahead of time like Eureka 7 was.

It was previously announced that VIZ had the show, but it was just speculation that Adult Swim would get the broadcast. ANN was right on time in reporting both parts.

ChibiSess777 wrote:
as long as the dubbed isn't butchered like Naruto, I'm fine.

Aw, kids today and their convoluted sense of bad editing. How cute.

CannibalTree wrote:

Because marring the picture with distracting words all over the screen is so much closer to purity. I'll take different audio and an unchanged picture over original audio and changed picture when it comes to animation, thank you. Neither way is wrong, I'm certainly not going to to take the low road and insult someone elses format of choice.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7