• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 2.22 Runs on Adult Swim's Toonami Tonight

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spinja446

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Yea I think it may be Dragon Ball Z related. Battle of Gods announcement would be icing on the cake.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it isn't something like a Robot Chicken anime special and is actually some anime show.

Although it would be nice if it was a Funimation announcement saying something like "Evangelion 3.33, coming Spring 2014". At least we'd know when it's coming out and people would stop asking about it.

I doubt it's a announcement about the old stuff being license rescued. Because from it being mentioned on ANNcast, it sounds like the death/rebirth and EoE movies/tv show are in licensing limbo right now due to all the creators not getting along.

Last edited by tangytangerine on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I think it's gonna be Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead. Jason DeMarco says they're interested in acquiring their missing season of The Big O, and who has the license to that now? Sentai! DeMarco pointed out that Highschool of the Dead is a highly requested title, but they couldn't get it because them and Sentai "weren't doing business". However, negotiations for Big O might have opened some doors, and they might have gotten Drifters of the Dead to fill in that gap (both are 15 minutes long). Also, Sentai's release came out several months earlier than expected all of a sudden.

Also, FUNimation doesn't need to announce that they're dubbing Eva 3.33...
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
It'd be awesome if the surprise was Funimation announcing they were dubbing 3.33 and provided a release date.

Hey, a guy can dream!

We know FUNi is dubbing it, but I agree: the question is when it will hit stores and we can finally own 3.33 in all its shiny badassery.

Joe anime

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
spinja446 wrote:
Yea I think it may be Dragon Ball Z related. Battle of Gods announcement would be icing on the cake.

I can guarantee you,it has nothing to do with DBZ or Battle of Gods.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm just going to stick to the possibility that whatever this surprise is, it may NOT be anime related nor would it be a 10-15 minute long announcement for some kind of anime dub or release date (that's the kind of thing you're more likely to hear at a convention anyway. Even the Sword Art Online announcement was what, 20-30 seconds in the Aniplex panel at Anime Boston?).
TrueSkin1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Gundam Unicorn? Though each episode of that is an hour...
spinja446

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
It's probably Production I.G's Kick-Heart. It's got that Adult Swim weirdness too it and it's only what, less than 15 minutes? I dunno.
Mistook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Would certainly be nice if it were 3.33's release date announcement, considering its been almost 3 months with no word whatsoever on a home video release. Any info regarding the movie lately is which con it'll be playing at next.

I doubt it will be, though. As far as I know, they've never announced anything via televised format, have they? I don't think enough fans of the series/movies will be tuning in to actually witness any information, although it would be posted on ANN very shortly after.
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
spinja446 wrote:
It's probably Production I.G's Kick-Heart. It's got that Adult Swim weirdness too it and it's only what, less than 15 minutes? I dunno.

This! I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

Quoting from the Q and A earlier "Well, no one else would have the balls to air it, that’s for sure! we hope people like it." So who knows.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
@ leftbehindxp:

I also thought Kick Heart would be possible (I mean the short film is under 15 minutes and it has a dub folks). But because they're being fairly vague about this and I guessed wrong on just about everything else that they've aired so far, I felt like keeping to myself, leaving it as JUST a possibility. Plus I have other ideas of that 15 minutes surprise Adult Swim would likely air that not any other network out there would think to throw in.
p3rseus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Good thing they went with 2.22, the third movie was pretty terrible. Surprising given how good the first two movie were.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
p3rseus wrote:
Good thing they went with 2.22, the third movie was pretty terrible. Surprising given how good the first two movie were.

That seems an odd remark. Of course they'd air 2.22 instead of 3.33. They can't just skip the second movie to air the third. In time they can air the third too. You have to air the second before you air the third. Smile You're not wrong at least, on it being good that they went with 2.22, I suppose. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
p3rseus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:02 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:

They can't just skip the second movie to air the third.

I don't see why not Confused
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
p3rseus wrote:

How could they when we don't know anything about what FUNi is doing with it in the States (other than that they'll release it in some theaters, and on dvd/blu-ray, and with a dub at some point in the near future). No, why would Toonami show 2.22 before 3.33?

Anyway, it's awesome Toonami's doing this. Too bad I haven't had CN for a good while now; if I did, I'd at least consider having it on in the background, since I already have it on Blu-Ray. It would be cool if there was indeed anything extra about 3.33-- a film that, as strange as it may seem to some, I might have actually appreciated more than 2.22.

Wonder if they'll show the trailer for 3.33 that ran at the end of the 2.22. Since, considering the "footage" it used, spoiler[it's essentially a troll trailer now. Laughing]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7