• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Attack on Titan Episode to Screen in Japanese Theaters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killa5k7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Heck no anyone cannot have an alternate opinion of these Attack On Titan fan boys. I have been following this faithfully on Crunchyroll and still have yet to get excited after the first 5 episodes. You guys have to admit this anime is SUPER PADDED. I like it don't get me wrong but a release in theaters? I would hate to pay for a ticket and be super disappointed like I have been with the finale.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
this final ep better be epic. please, improve the animation too. Do they have no budget for this anime? It's worst than some of the low budget anime. Luckily the story make up for it.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
What do tickets for 20 minutes of content cost?

It's 3000 yen to attend the event. I had applied for it but didn't get it. =( Well, maybe that was for the better since I realized after that it was on the same day as the Natsume Yuujinchou event which I already got tickets for.

http://special.canime.jp/shingeki/ticket/last-ep/

FYI, it is not uncommon to have premier events like this with the cast and staff members coming out for a short talk.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I must admit that the first 5 or so episodes were so adrenaline packed I was standing up from my seat. It's still good, but it's dampened a lot from how it started.
Quark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
this final ep better be epic. please, improve the animation too. Do they have no budget for this anime? It's worst than some of the low budget anime. Luckily the story make up for it.

Wait, are we watching the same show? The animation in Attack on Titan is excellent. Maybe you haven't seen actual low budget anime - it looks nothing like Attack on Titan. The character designs are distinctive, the colours are vibrant, bright and give real warmth to the setting, and the action scenes are fluid. To say that the animation in Attack on Titan is worse than low budget anime is ridiculous.

I agree with the others on here that the recent episodes have been a bit of a let down from how the series started. They're still definitely entertaining, but not as exciting and interesting as the first few episodes.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Shingeki saves its budget for when it's needed, otherwise it's composed of stills and pans, and very limited movement. Moreover, how much of every single episode is used on recap? At least 30 seconds, sometimes up to 2 and a half minutes!
Quark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Moreover, how much of every single episode is used on recap? At least 30 seconds, sometimes up to 2 and a half minutes!

I think I tried to block that aspect of the show from my mind, for fear that it's going to reach KareKano levels of recapping.
Maybe I'm not as fussy as other people when it comes to animation quality. It just did not seem to be on par with a low budget show.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
The old "screw anyone watching outside Japan" trick eh? Hope it's good. We got spin offs coming now to deter the main story anyway.

I wonder what Funi is going to do when they release AOT. Bundle in the movie as last ep of S1 or sell it at higher price when time comes.

Im hoping for a console game or something.
EastN3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
.....What? Why are people so crazy about this series? It's just like the Christopher Nolan Batman movies, the villians are the only good part. The fighting scenes with the Titans are great, everything else...meh. The characters are annoying and one note; apparently sitting and watching people be scared for 25 minutes a week is interesting? There becomes a limit between realism and ridiculousness. I understand people in their situation would be scared. However, half the frames in the series are people sitting around whining about how they're scared. Further more, Eren barely ever becomes Titan form, and when he does he usually gets his ass kicked, so there goes the whole "avenger" feel the creator tries to give him. All in all, the series is decent, no more no less, and if someone could explain to me just what is so great about it besides "OMG LEVI IS SO HAWT! or The Titans are so cool!!", I would appreciate it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
The old "screw anyone watching outside Japan" trick eh? Hope it's good. We got spin offs coming now to deter the main story anyway.

I wonder what Funi is going to do when they release AOT. Bundle in the movie as last ep of S1 or sell it at higher price when time comes.

Im hoping for a console game or something.

it's still going to air on Televison and be simulcast by Funi and Crunchyroll.
Quark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
The characters are annoying and one note; apparently sitting and watching people be scared for 25 minutes a week is interesting? There becomes a limit between realism and ridiculousness. I understand people in their situation would be scared. However, half the frames in the series are people sitting around whining about how they're scared. Further more, Eren barely ever becomes Titan form, and when he does he usually gets his ass kicked, so there goes the whole "avenger" feel the creator tries to give him. All in all, the series is decent, no more no less, and if someone could explain to me just what is so great about it besides "OMG LEVI IS SO HAWT! or The Titans are so cool!!", I would appreciate it.

Some of the things you listed as flaws are for me a positive. I like the way that the soldiers react to the Titans. spoiler[A lot of them state that they have never seen a Titan up close, and being young and in the military, they figure that they're going to go out there, kick some ass, and save humanity. When they actually see the Titans and realize just what a threat they are, it's very believable that they become completely paralyzed with fear. They've gone from thinking that they're going to be humanity's saviors to realizing that they're fighting a war they can't win and that they are going to die a grisly death. The fact that they're so terrified makes it all the more thrilling when they actually do achieve a victory over the Titans.
The same goes for Eren and his Titan power. It would be pretty lame if he could just easily control it right out of the bat and never get hurt. I like that he doesn't fully understand his power and how to harness it, and that his inability to control his powers makes his comrades uneasy around him. I don't want to see him transforming and killing Titans every episode, it would make for a very boring show if that's all that happened.
The female characters and the way they're treated is another huge plus. It's refreshing to see a show where they're not being sexualized or put into narrow gender roles. And it's especially awesome that not every woman is obsessed or in love with Eren. They're strong and capable and aren't viewed as being any better or worse than the male characters.
I also like the mystery of the Titans and getting to learn more about them bit by bit.
And finally, I just like the horror genre in general and Attack on Titan is quite satisfying to watch. I'm repulsed whenever someone gets eaten or killed by a Titan and cheer whenever a Titan gets killed. ]

TL;DR version: It's just a fun show.
BelieberHokageSasuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:58 am Reply with quote
I fully agree this anime has a bad story and only good thing is graphics but still very bad characters.

overrated as hell
BelieberHokageSasuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
This just brings "overrated" to a whole knew level >.<

Probably this anime is popula because all the one piece fans like it xD explains why it is so popular.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote
BelieberHokageSasuke wrote:
I fully agree this anime has a bad story and only good thing is graphics but still very bad characters.

overrated as hell

BelieberHokageSasuke wrote:
Probably this anime is popula because all the one piece fans like it xD explains why it is so popular.

Says the "belieber" who has Sasuke as their avatar... Wink
Perhaps it's not too convincing considering my own n00b-like username, but at least I have the excuse that this nick is like 15 years old and wasn't created, well, today. Very Happy

If you don't like the series, fine, but you're basically calling it overrated just because it has a large fan base yet didn't appeal to you personally.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4