• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Attack on Titan Episode to Screen in Japanese Theaters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:00 am Reply with quote
This show certainly has its flaws - it is padded, it does overplay the "zomg, I'm scared shitless and we're all doomed" card. It does depend too much on stills and other cheats so it can afford some kickass production value fights.

But for all that, it can be incredibly exciting and compelling. I just watched the episode 21 and it literally had me bouncing out of my chair during a fight scene. Very few shows are able to inspire that level of adrenaline in me.
mehh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:07 am Reply with quote
/will try again later, forum is f.ucking up my posts

Last edited by mehh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:11 am Reply with quote
Although Titans is very far from one of my favorite series there have been far worse things to have become popular.

Titans is weak on characterization but it has a formula that keeps me glued to the screen every week (well except maybe those Battle of Trost string of eps). It's just exciting & fun to watch.

Even though I have been spoiled for some of the reveals it still keeps me entertained so that's saying something.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:26 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
What do tickets for 20 minutes of content cost?

These special screening events usually run 2500-3500 yen a ticket (normal movie is 1300 yen).

But you get more than just the episode screening, you get a pre-show and post show with the guests and seiyuu, Q&A sessions, maybe some special video they only show there, etc.
You probably also get a collectible program or something or other with the ticket.
BelieberHokageSasuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:43 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
BelieberHokageSasuke wrote:
I fully agree this anime has a bad story and only good thing is graphics but still very bad characters.

overrated as hell

Probably this anime is popula because all the one piece fans like it xD explains why it is so popular.

Says the "belieber" who has Sasuke as their avatar... Wink
Perhaps it's not too convincing considering my own n00b-like username, but at least I have the excuse that this nick is like 15 years old and wasn't created, well, today. Very Happy

If you don't like the series, fine, but you're basically calling it overrated just because it has a large fan base yet didn't appeal to you personally.

are you saying that its a bad thing to be sasuke and justin bieber fan ? I mean justin did things bad, he smokes grass and killed some cats but thats not a reason to hate on him..

I just said my opinion on this anime and i said positive things too, that the animation is cool and music is cool too but comparedto naruto, the story is shit and repeats too much

and also look how many people go around screaming how this is the best anime ever, so total fanaboys. this anime is overrated try to prove otherwise. People just think big monsters are cool who eat humans thats all and fights are cool too i admit that. story is still fa from decent too many plotholes
mehh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote

are you saying that its a bad thing to be sasuke and justin bieber fan ? I mean justin did things bad, he smokes grass and killed some cats but thats not a reason to hate on him..

I just said my opinion on this anime and i said positive things too, that the animation is cool and music is cool too but comparedto naruto, the story is shit and repeats too much

and also look how many people go around screaming how this is the best anime ever, so total fanaboys. this anime is overrated try to prove otherwise. People just think big monsters are cool who eat humans thats all and fights are cool too i admit that. story is still fa from decent too many plotholes

let me try post again, and see if the forum likes me now

Whenever an anime is popular, there will always be people who don't like it - Just because an anime is popular, doesn't mean it's overrated. Not everyone shares the same taste, it's to be expected that an anime wont have a 100% positive reaction

We just find it funny that you're calling titan overrated, when you're obviously a fan of Naruto, which basically defines the word overrated - huge ridiculous and annoying fanbase that love the terrible show to pieces. - but then again, your own preference - your choice.

Liking Bieber to the extent that you'd call yourself a Belieber implies that you're quite young, but that doesn't matter, I'd like to think that all age groups would be welcome here Smile
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote
That's pretty damn awesome. If they'd do something like that over here, I'd totally go.

And Naruto doesn't have any repetitive filler episodes?
BelieberHokageSasuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
Lol you people are just too ignorant. Look i am 21 so not a kid.. and
naruto fillers have nothing to do with the actual story its just a way to drag out the series to sell more dvd's, which is stuped but still has nothing to do with the brilliant, breathtaking story that kishimoto writes.

And I didn't want to say that becuz i hate to argue, but attack on titan is a gigantic rippoff of naruto. eren has titan powers lol naruto has kyuubi powers.

see ? justin bieber makes good music and is cute.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote

Except no one's been "screaming how this is the best anime ever"?? It's good, but as others have pointed out, there are some negatives. It sounds to me like you're just hating on the series and calling it overrated because you want to sound cool for not going with the majority. Like I said, if you don't like the series, that's fine, but it doesn't mean the series is overrated.

And I didn't want to say that becuz i hate to argue, but attack on titan is a gigantic rippoff of naruto. eren has titan powers lol naruto has kyuubi powers.

Pfft. Sorry, but what kind of logic is that? How is something a ripoff of Naruto just because the main character has powers? That's like, 90% of all main characters in shounen manga. By that logic, Naruto is a ripoff of ONE PIECE because Luffy has gomu gomu powers.

The way you write does not seem to be reflecting your age.

EDIT: Oh hey, 1111th post!
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
No matter how popular a show, there will always be haters.
Same happened with SAO, which was a good show that was very popular and was bashed due to this.
People even knock the Monogatari series, which are some of the best animes to be released in years!
I agree the production clearly has issues, but it's not too bad, plus it will no doubt get improved for DVD/BD.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Probably this anime is popula because all the one piece fans like it xD explains why it is so popular.

What does One Piece have to do with Attack on Titan?

By your logic, doesn't that mean Naruto is a gigantic ripoff of Dragon Ball?
BelieberHokageSasuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote

Pfft. Sorry, but what kind of logic is that? How is something a ripoff of Naruto just because the main character has powers? That's like, 90% of all main characters in shounen manga. By that logic, Naruto is a ripoff of ONE PIECE because Luffy has gomu gomu powers.

The way you write does not seem to be reflecting your age.

EDIT: Oh hey, 1111th post![/quote]

you must have problems with your brain if you dont undastand my post.
its not just that both have powers, its the fact that both have monster powers which is clearly a power that kishimoto has invented. both have monsters in them. this was also ripped off by tito kubo and his joke of a manga called bleach.
Even though one pice doesnt have a character with monster powers, its such a pile of kids crap show that ripping off kishi wouldnt be enough to help it. then again this is just my opinion.

and nobody in dragonball has monster powers either, and also dragonball is cool i wont deny that.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Even though one pice doesnt have a character with monster powers

what do you mean sword art online is one of the best anime ever and very original

Come back after you've watched .Hack//Sign and say how original Sword Art Online is.

Last edited by veemonjosh on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
Come back after you've watched .Hack//Sign and say how original Sword Art Online is.

Come after you've watched Tron and say how original Dot Hack is.

Premises are borrowed all the time, I believe what truly matters are the characters and the strength of the writing.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Right everything is basically a rip off of everything at this point. It is not about originality but how the story is told.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4