• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Attack on Titan Episode to Screen in Japanese Theaters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
veemonjosh wrote:
Come back after you've watched .Hack//Sign and say how original Sword Art Online is.

Come after you've watched Tron and say how original Dot Hack is.

Premises are borrowed all the time, I believe what truly matters are the characters and the strength of the writing.

Tron is a terrible, terrible comparison. I'm disappointed in you.

That being said, .hack and SAO don't have a huge amount in common other than the basic concept. And SAO isn't bad because its not original, its bad because its terribly executed
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Tron is a terrible, terrible comparison. I'm disappointed in you.

I don't believe it is. If superficial comparisons are made between those two anime, I don't see why one cannot be extended to Tron.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote
BelieberHokageSasuke wrote:
its not just that both have powers, its the fact that both have monster powers which is clearly a power that kishimoto has invented.

So the guy that wrote Naruto is the only one that's allowed to have a character with monster powers and every other anime or manga that has someone with monster powers is ripping him off? Because Heroic Age and Ergo Proxy also has characters that can transform into something far more powerful. It's not like he invented it.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Guys this poster's name is "BelieberHokageSasuke".

Its obviously a troll account. Stop taking him seriously.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
^^^ agreed. People need to stop feeding the troll, he needs to loose some weight. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mehh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

if the account is a troll, I have to say it's done very nicely. True craftsmanship there.

The sad thing is, in our society, we do have people like them, people who believe Naruto is better than everything and anything an anime has was stolen from Naruto, without even realizing that Naruto stole the majority of it's ideas from other anime as well.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
it's still going to air on Televison and be simulcast by Funi and Crunchyroll.
Sweet. Im catching up with whats going on in the series.
BelieberHokageSasuke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:56 am Reply with quote
mehh wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

if the account is a troll, I have to say it's done very nicely. True craftsmanship there.

The sad thing is, in our society, we do have people like them, people who believe Naruto is better than everything and anything an anime has was stolen from Naruto, without even realizing that Naruto stole the majority of it's ideas from other anime as well.

Its so hard to troll on this site. too many reasonable people. This is so different from narutoforums or arlong park forums where you dont even have to try too hard... at least i got some recognition of my skill. Time to leave.
another place is in need of my presence.
Otaku faithful

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:55 am Reply with quote
Honestly i gotta say yes Attack on titan is overrated but I'm [expletive] glad its popular we need more brutal series this will help japan realize we need more crazy shit than kawaiiiiii bullshit Attack on titan is a masterpiece anime it isn't horrible and its the best. Lets say Berserk had a new anime series will you people say the same bullshit oh this is horrible this is this is horrible when it's the best seinen manga/anime movie made sigh people these days just take lucys tits and fillershittden up your ass seriously. expand i watch Attack on titan,Hunter x hunter 2011,One piece, underrated Kingdom and blood lad is ending yet people say swo is the best anime and fillerton don't get me started on my pain greater than yours bullshit sigh.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote
Time to leave.
another place is in need of my presence.

Note: BelieberHokageSasuke died on his way back to his home planet,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 am Reply with quote
Otaku faithful wrote:
Honestly i gotta say yes Attack on titan is overrated but I'm [expletive] glad its popular we need more brutal series this will help japan realize we need more crazy shit than kawaiiiiii bullshit Attack on titan is a masterpiece anime it isn't horrible and its the best. Lets say Berserk had a new anime series will you people say the same bullshit oh this is horrible this is this is horrible when it's the best seinen manga/anime movie made sigh people these days just take lucys tits and fillershittden up your ass seriously. expand i watch Attack on titan,Hunter x hunter 2011,One piece, underrated Kingdom and blood lad is ending yet people say swo is the best anime and fillerton don't get me started on my pain greater than yours bullshit sigh.

What the shit? Does this even make any sense? Somebody needs to go back to grade school or something. This isn't legible in the slightest.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

I don't really think that pretending to be retarded is the same thing as trolling.

Its just pretending to be retarded.
Quark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
Otaku faithful wrote:

Huh?
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:06 am Reply with quote

and nobody in dragonball has monster powers either, and also dragonball is cool i wont deny that.

Nope. Nobody. Not even the main character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4