• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Original Gundam Finally on Japanese DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury Crusader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Doubtful. Classic Gundam has been a fairly poor performer over here, so I doubt Bandai will renew the license of a certified loser of a show just to provide a new language option.

Bandai sure does have horrible luck, huh? I'm never going to get various series via R1s the way things are going with them. R2s are so expensive, too. Sad
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Mercury Crusader wrote:
Bandai sure does have horrible luck, huh? I'm never going to get various series via R1s the way things are going with them. R2s are so expensive, too. Sad

At least you can get the trilogy sub and I actually like that more for some odd reason. I actually own all ten dvds of the original gundam series with that dub.

Randall Miyashiro wrote:
I don't know if this is true or not, but would make sense to prevent Japanese fans from importing the cheaper R1 releases.

That my bet as to why we never got the sub version of Gundam....heaven forbid the R2 dvds will probably cost 45 dollars and only have two episodes on a dvd. And Japan wonders why people want to import the R1 dvds, so we get inferior masters and special rules as to what can be released.
AdemoS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
[If you wanna brag about being a damn pirate, do it elsewhere. We don't serve your kind here. --N]

Woah woah "N" I wasn't trying to brag, I was just jokingly stating the obvious.

Considering how helpful the encyclopedia is, it's unfortunate the moderation here takes things so seriously...if I had posted a link, or given the name of an organization to google for, I'd understand the aggression, but please guys, calm down a little. You can do your job without jumping all over the rule-breakers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3