• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
North American Licenses (non-Adult)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mer2329

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:15 am Reply with quote
mer2329 wrote:

Done. I also added Bandai Ent. as the licensee of Akira and Tales of the Abyss based in part on the same news item (the other series had already been added). Thanks! Very Happy
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:05 am Reply with quote
Metal Fight Beyblade: 4D has been licensed by Nelvana under the title Beyblade: Metal Fury. This info can be found at the Nelvana shows web page. (http://www.nelvana.com/show/210/beyblade-metal-fury).
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:39 am Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
Metal Fight Beyblade: 4D has been licensed by Nelvana under the title Beyblade: Metal Fury. This info can be found at the Nelvana shows web page. (http://www.nelvana.com/show/210/beyblade-metal-fury).

So updated. Very Happy

Edit: I also cleaned up the cast problems for which you submitted error reports, though I don't have time right now for the staff-related error reports.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote
Re "Blader DJ"; XtremeAnimeDan flagged all of his credits however there is at least one example where the role is actually credited this way, making this an alias not an error (note that I don't know anything about the franchise or how the series fit together, this is purely regarding the character)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:16 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Re "Blader DJ"; XtremeAnimeDan flagged all of his credits however there is at least one example where the role is actually credited this way, making this an alias not an error (note that I don't know anything about the franchise or how the series fit together, this is purely regarding the character)

Roger. I actually had not noticed that instance, as I was following the ones submitted by the other user.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Removed the former precision.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ringoiero360

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Sentai Filmworks announced that they licensed Un-Go and A-Channel at their industry panel at Nekocon 14 today.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quote
ringoiero360 wrote:
Sentai Filmworks announced that they licensed Un-Go and A-Channel at their industry panel at Nekocon 14 today.

I'll enter these as soon as I get further confirmation.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Zettai Karen Children licensed by Sentai
Source

It also needs to be renamed Psychic Squad.

(Done -- dormcat)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
All four Hamtaro OAVs were licensed in the US and/or Canada along with the TV series (OAV 1, OAV 2, OAV 3, OAV 4). The first two OAVs were shown together in the US as "Hamtaro's Birthday Special" (well, most of the first OAV was cut, but a portion of it was shown, along with most of the second OAV). The third OAV was apparently shown on TV in Canada, but not in the US. The fourth OAV was shown in the US as "Ham-Ham Games". I've seen the English dubbed versions of the first, second, and fourth OAV, but I'm just going by the episode listing on Wikipedia for the third OAV having been shown in Canada. Anyway, the OAVs should probably have the same English language licensing information as the TV series.

Here are some tv.com pages about the specials that were shown in the US if you need more sources for the information:

http://www.tv.com/shows/hamtaro/hamtaro-birthday-special-268233/
http://www.tv.com/shows/hamtaro/ham-ham-games-347435/
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
Anyway, the OAVs should probably have the same English language licensing information as the TV series.

Sometimes broadcasting rights can be quite separate from home video rights. I've changed their respective titles to English but left the company info blank until a more verifiable source is available.
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
Cardfight!! Vanguard has been licensed by
TMS Entertainment, though I don't know if it should be listed under this TMS Entertainment or under TMS Entertainment, USA, Inc..

Source: http://www.tms-e.com/english/search/index.php?pdt_no=399

Currently the series is airing with an English dub done by The Ocean Group (Canada) from Blue Water Studios (Canada) on Animax Asia and Animax India. All the information, expect for it being licensed to be dubbed, is listed on the page.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
Cardfight!! Vanguard has been licensed by
TMS Entertainment, though I don't know if it should be listed under this TMS Entertainment or under TMS Entertainment, USA, Inc..

Source: http://www.tms-e.com/english/search/index.php?pdt_no=399

Are you sure TMS has licensed it? They did the animation production, so that's enough reason for it to be on their Web site—they own (a piece of) it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 20