• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
North American Licenses (Adult)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:48 am Reply with quote
All done. Speaking of licensed hentai titles: I just found a Japanese website which reversely imports US releases of 18+ hentai anime DVDs. Japanese laws require all adult films (animated or live-action) with genitals censored with mosaic pixels, but there's no such restriction with US releases, so they reversely imports from US. The good thing is that the site contains a well-maintained catalog with both the R1 release title in English and the original Japanese title, making my job a lot easier. The same store also carries non-adult anime titles, especially those vintage ones hard to obtain in Japan in DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Animedepot, right? Had you asked...

Of course, the reverse importation of uncensored genitals is a violation of Article 21 of the Fixed Tariffs Law/Customs Standards Law (Kanzei Teiritsu Hou).
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote
Kitty Media has licensed The Gattsu! as Women At Work. (No image evidence yet, but I don't think there are many hentai anime about women's construction companies...) Anyway, The Gattsu! at Getchu.com for reference.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quote
J-Xross (Shift_JIS; new company) (name here on the back cover) licensed:

The Boundary Between Dream and Reality
A Forbidden Time
Secret of a Housewife, AKA Hiiro no Koku (new anime—just submitted)

under the label "JBox Anime"; proof 1 and proof 2. The company is defunct, so I assume that the licenses have expired or lapsed.

However, this raises a question: When a licensing company has one name, and it releases anime under a label with a different name, what name(s) should be used? I have seen both names used (e.g., BloodShadow lists its distributor as Anime 18, and its licensor as Central Park Media; Parade Parade lists its distributor as Kitty Media, and its licensor as Media Blasters), but is this correct (is it what we want in the Encyclopedia)?

Edit: Suggestion: Combine the (hentai) company labels under the parent companies:

Anime 18 and Software Sculptors for Central Park Media
Kitty Media for Media Blasters
Critical Mass for The Right Stuf International
Hot Storm and AnimErotica (no entries) for Adult Source Media
• Fairy for AVBox (see below)

SoftCel Pictures should probably stand alone, given its declared separation from A.D. Vision.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Corporation (new company) has licensed:

Depravity episode 3 (proof 1 and proof 2 (click image for larger cover))
Ari Doll (proof 1 and proof 2 (click image for larger cover)) (just submitted title)

Note that, as I stated above, Fairy is a covert label of AVBOX, and should IMHO be listed under it. The proof starts with this back cover (source). The text on the back cover is barely legible, but I can read "FAIRY Corp., 1108 W. Valley Blvd., #6-303, Alhambra, CA 91803", which a Google search leads to this 18 U.S.C. Section 2257 Compliance page. (Other aliases: AV Joy, Emperor, Matsuri, et cetera.)

Further proof of address may be found in AV Box's business record (search here in the Corporations box if that link does not work) and Tucows' domain name whois.

The Google search indicated that there are a number of Chinese-related businesses in the same building, but the address is exactly the same.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
AVfantasy.com links

Duh, those require member login.

Quote:
Kitty Media has licensed The Gattsu! as Women At Work.

Done.

Quote:

Both missing titles approved, but I've got two questions for you:

1. Why would J-Xross need Web Archive if it's a new company? I tried removing the Web Archive URL and all I got was a typical hijacked pseudo-search engine ad page.

2. What are the complete names of those two companies? It would be better to use full names (with Inc., Co., Ltd., LLC, GmbH, etc.) than just the name, for the system can pick up incomplete company names (try submitting "Bandai" or "Sony") and suggest possible correct complete name(s) but NOT VICE VERSA. So it would be better to have full names.

For the licensor / brand name issue, I'll sort them up later (since there's no rush, as long as they are correct), but that will take some time.

Oh, and you don't need to provide direct Getchu links to me anymore; use Google cache or Web Archive instead, for Getchu has block all East Asian IP addresses due to some idiot Chinese Feng Qing bombarded their website because of an ero-game loosely based on the greatest classical Chinese novel of all time. Anime cry There's an ANN user using one of its character's name as screen name; you get a cookie if you could identify him/her.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:06 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
AVfantasy.com links

Duh, those require member login.

Oops. I'm not member—I originally just went in via the front page, so I don't know what is happening. All of the links work fine for me (I just checked). ^_^; I also just checked my membership status, and my E-mail address is not in their database, so it may be your IP address. :-/

dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:

Both missing titles approved, but I've got two questions for you:

1. Why would J-Xross need Web Archive if it's a new company? I tried removing the Web Archive URL and all I got was a typical hijacked pseudo-search engine ad page.

By "new company" I only meant that J-Xross and Fairy were not in the Encyclopedia when I first posted. As I stated, J-Xross is defunct (out of business); I'm submitting the titles they licensed "for the record".

dormcat wrote:
2. What are the complete names of those two companies? It would be better to use full names (with Inc., Co., Ltd., LLC, GmbH, etc.) than just the name, for the system can pick up incomplete company names (try submitting "Bandai" or "Sony") and suggest possible correct complete name(s) but NOT VICE VERSA. So it would be better to have full names.

Uh—I supplied those (not intentionally, I admit, but they are there). Click the "defunct" link for J-Xross and the "AV Box's business record" for that company. "Fairy Corporation" is a label (the State of California has no record of such a company, either as a corporation, or an LP/LLC), so that is the complete name.

dormcat wrote:
For the licensor / brand name issue, I'll sort them up later (since there's no rush, as long as they are correct), but that will take some time.

Oh, and you don't need to provide direct Getchu links to me anymore; use Google cache or Web Archive instead, for Getchu has block all East Asian IP addresses due to some idiot Chinese Feng Qing bombarded their website because of an ero-game loosely based on the greatest classical Chinese novel of all time. ;_; There's an ANN user using one of its character's name as screen name; you get a cookie if you could identify him/her.

<sigh>Getchu.com is a most useful site. ;_; Try this link—does that work?

As for "Feng Qing", I'm afraid that the best guess I have is the empress ^_^;, and there are four or five candidates for "greatest novel"—do you mean Journey to the West? (I'm afraid most of my knowledge of (classical) Chinese literature is through anime, manga, Hong Kong film, and a graphic novel or two from Asiapac Books.)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
<sigh>Getchu.com is a most useful site. Anime cry Try this link—does that work?

Great! Better than Google cache for it doesn't break page's formatting.

doc-watson42 wrote:
As for "Feng Qing", I'm afraid that the best guess I have is the empress

Oops, I made a typo. Should be "fenqing" instead.

doc-watson42 wrote:
and there are four or five candidates for "greatest novel"

Yes.

doc-watson42 wrote:
do you mean Journey to the West?

No. Wink
Nobleman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Teacher's Pet (OAV) licensed by Anime 18 (proof1 and proof2)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:28 am Reply with quote
Nobleman wrote:
Teacher's Pet (OAV) licensed by Anime 18 (proof1 and proof2)

Done by another Encyclopedist. This post acts as a reminder.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:25 am Reply with quote
Which is my cue to point out that this (still) needs to be split (somehow). Deconfliction (manual changes to Shift_JIS may be necessary for some of the pages linked below):Further proof: "Natural" at Getchu.com; via the Internet Archive for dormcat (somewhat out of date).
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:15 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Natural DX (compilation of Natural and Natural: Another; licensed as Teacher's Pet)

I couldn't find any "DX" there. It was indeed the compilation (i.e. recap) of the four episodes before it, but it should have only one episode (or it wouldn't be a recap then). However, all information I could find said that CPM/Anime18's Teacher's Pet has four episodes, which means it was a "merger" of Natural and Natural: Another, not a recap. It would be kind of redundant and unnecessary to have independent entries for both; right now I'll just add a reminder.

doc-watson42 wrote:
Further proof: "Natural" at Getchu.com; via the Internet Archive for dormcat (somewhat out of date).

Thanks, that was very considerate. In fact, Getchu has lifted the ban of non-Japanese Asian IP addresses, so I can read them normally now.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:48 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
Natural DX (compilation of Natural and Natural: Another; licensed as Teacher's Pet)

I couldn't find any "DX" there. It was indeed the compilation (i.e. recap) of the four episodes before it, but it should have only one episode (or it wouldn't be a recap then). However, all information I could find said that CPM/Anime18's Teacher's Pet has four episodes, which means it was a "merger" of Natural and Natural: Another, not a recap. It would be kind of redundant and unnecessary to have independent entries for both; right now I'll just add a reminder.

I was only semi-correct, then. (The "DX" is in the page URL.) Maybe the compilation is only the sex scenes, as in Milky's "Best" releases, since the running time is listed as 80 minutes. (A translation by Excite Japan of the last sentence of compilation/soushuuhen's description: "Chitose comes back to original of you by full loading of the highlight scene." (sic).)
neopeius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
Will the Cream Lemon titles ever be added to the Encyclopedia? I know they haven't been picked up yet, but lots of titles in the Encyclopedia haven't been picked up.

I submitted the Cream Lemons but never got a response. I don't understand it.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quote
neopeius wrote:
Will the Cream Lemon titles ever be added to the Encyclopedia? I know they haven't been picked up yet, but lots of titles in the Encyclopedia haven't been picked up.

anime#4251

Cream Lemon is a really special case; it has series within series, kind of like Russian dolls. We might need someone who is more familiar with the series to give us a hand.

neopeius wrote:
I submitted the Cream Lemons but never got a response. I don't understand it.

When did you submit it? I can't find it in the records.

By the way, this thread is reserved for NA licenses. Please open a new thread for different subjects.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5