• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hatsune Miku Virtual Idol to Perform at Anime Expo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gurgeh

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:13 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
If it's anything like the recent 2011 Tokyo concert it will be. Wink
The camera management was really badly done at Mikupa, but it's misleading I think to compare this poor streaming capture with a BRD HD release for Kanshasai. Based on the feedback I read from people actually having attended Mikupa, their feeling was that the side view on the black screen at Mikupa was actually better than with the translucent screen used at Kanshasai. And the translucent screen also had his issues for people in front: the projectors lights and the reflection of the glowsticks. So yes usually center stage is better but with this new kind of concerts there's some rules that may no longer apply.

Mohawk52 wrote:
Besides, according to some, hardly anyone outside of Japan has heard of vocaloids, let alone Hatsune Miku so I'll be interested to see if it does sell out at 7000 seats. Don't forget your glowing leak. BTW when is she coming to London? Wink
Actually it seems that many people are more aware of Miku Hatsune than Vocaloid due to the buzz her 2010 concert did on the blogosphere and several mass media. But granted, that's not a lot of people. Now we need to remember that half the itunes sales of Vocaloid Music are on the US market and that a big chunk of the AX2011 attendance is aware of Miku Hatsune, $15 is quite cheap to attend the premiere of the "World Virtual Diva" at least out of curiosity if not already has a connaisseur of Vocaloid music.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
DJ Tama wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Yeah them too. Laughing Hmmm, impressive...for iTunes. Do they still do the Billboard chart in the US? what number is "she" on that? Wink

Billboard has nothing on Hatsune Miku in their database, nor very much on any kind of music made outside the US. Considering iTunes is beyond 50-60% of total music sales with Amazon a close second, I think iTunes (as much as I personally despise apple) is a pretty good metric for most music sales.
I'm not disputing that and seeing as Miku was only just released a few days ago that's really impressive, However Billboard does list any music released in the US even if it is foreign as long as it's a US release, and is selling it will make the chart, and if she does it will cement vocaloids as a viable contribution to music to the rest of the world as well,but I'm afraid that Toyota commercial might have ripped a hole below the waterline for that. Wink

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Fri May 20, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 5 times in total
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Gurgeh wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
If it's anything like the recent 2011 Tokyo concert it will be. Wink
The camera management was really badly done at Mikupa, but it's misleading I think to compare this poor streaming capture with a BRD HD release for Kanshasai. Based on the feedback I read from people actually having attended Mikupa, their feeling was that the side view on the black screen at Mikupa was actually better than with the translucent screen used at Kanshasai. And the translucent screen also had his issues for people in front: the projectors lights and the reflection of the glowsticks. So yes usually center stage is better but with this new kind of concerts there's some rules that may no longer apply.
The projector lights, and the reflection made no differnce to me looking at the DVD in fact I think it added atmosphere to the 3D effect like the vocaloids were actually there on the stage. That box just made it look like a giant television to me. Cameras don't lie. Wink
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Update:
Crypton have christened this upcoming concert "Mikunopolis"
Hmmm... yeah, could work, maybe.

Source
Gurgeh

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
DJ Tama wrote:
As I said before, being about 1 month+1week until online sales are closed, it may sell out on the current trend. There might be tickets available for purchase or otherwise at con, but you are gambling against the fandom of Hatsune Miku.
Look out for touts. Besides, according to some, hardly anyone outside of Japan has heard of vocaloids, let alone Hatsune Miku so I'll be interested to see if it does sell out at 7000 seats. Don't forget your glowing leak. BTW when is she coming to London? Wink

SOLD OUT Razz Not bad for a debut, selling 7k seats in less than a fortnight of a surprise notification. Sounds very promising for the future. I'm now dreaming of a concert in Europe.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Gurgeh wrote:
SOLD OUT Razz Not bad for a debut, selling 7k seats in less than a fortnight of a surprise notification. Sounds very promising for the future. I'm now dreaming of a concert in Europe.
That might be the case however AX still haven't updated their website as they are still taking "reservations" for tickets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6