• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you reading right now? Why?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I have been reading the Watamote (No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!) manga, I watched the anime when it came out, and very much felt a connection with how my own social anxiety, but I never got around to continuing with the manga. I think that I ended up on TV Tropes with the series and seen to come across info that Tomoko does start to not be so isolated and makes connections with people, and also apparently becomes more explicit that she is bisexual and either is not self-aware or is in denial. I thought that was enough interest for me to pick the series up again.

I have so far read chapter 67. And there has so far been a chapter that even had Tomoko questioning if she might be gay, but saying that it can't be right because she is straight and everyone is like that, which felt like the most in denial bi thing ever.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:15 am Reply with quote
After loving the anime for Arte, I was happy to see that the manga was available in English via digital. The anime ended at chapter 37 and while they created an ending for the anime, the differences between the two aren't drastic. The biggest thing is that they cut out multiple chapters that centered on some of the side characters which is a shame since I liked them.
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:42 pm Reply with quote
So I binged what I could of The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent after loving the 1st volume of the LN. I've been craving a series like this for a while and now I'm super excited for the anime.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:51 pm Reply with quote
^ I really like it too! It's just nice, and I really like the protagonist.

During Preview Guide I inhaled both volumes of The Sorcerer's Receptionist LN, which, to be honest, I'm not sure was actually good. But it was what I needed at the time and I'll finish out the series when volume three comes out.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I've been reading I Hear The Sunspot from the library. It is adorably gay and cute. A slow burn, but not obnoxiously so - progress is made!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
papricas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:25 am Reply with quote
If I'm a pagan of the Buy OSRS gold
My lover's Buy OSRS gold
To keep Buy OSRS gold
She demandsBuy OSRS gold
Drain the whole sea
Get something shiny
Something meaty for the Buy OSRS gold
That's a fine looking Buy OSRS gold
What you got in the stable?
We've a lot of starving faithful
That looks Buy OSRS gold
This isBuy OSRS gold

https://odealo.com/games/runescape/gold

Last edited by papricas on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Just finished the following:

The World's Finest Assassin (Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat).
Volume #1

I was interesting to me. The art was nice and the story seems to be good so far.

Ascendance of a Bookworm (I'll do anything to become a librarian!)
Part 1: If there aren't any books, I'll just have to make some!
Volume #6

One of my ultra favorite series. Reading the Light Novel, the Manga, and watching the Anime.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Read what I could of Taimashi to Akuma-Chan (Exorcist and Demon-Chan in English). Basically it's about a young demon that becomes friends with an older exorcist. It's tooth rotting fluff with some nice art. It also gets really dark in places, especially when you find out the reason for a lot of Evan's (the exorcist) behavior.
hockey webcomics

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I've re-reading some stuff lately and today started re-reading Eyeshield 21. I'll probably read the 1st volume only, I really enjoy the first chapters of sports manga because I like to see how the protagonist is introduced to the sport in question. Eyeshield 21 does it in a funny way, although I'm not a big fan of how football is shown in the series.
Nekomo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 am Reply with quote
I've just finished reading Hikaru No Go, it was pretty good. I've been wanting to read more sports manga and my friend recommended Hikaru No Go, I have heard about it because it was done by the artist of Death Note and Bakuman (also another great manga) but I always found Go boring. After a couple chapters I really got invested, Hikaru beating Akira was just such an anime move, I could picture that in Jojo but 1000 times more intense. It took me about two weeks to finish, towards the end I didn't feel attached to it as much as when I started it. The characters just got boring and I found Akira annoying towards the end. I haven't watched the anime though and I'm not planning on at the moment but who knows maybe it might change my opinion on it as a whole.

I'm planning on reading Ping Pong soon because I've heards lots of great things about it. It's only like 55 chapters so it shoudn't take as long. Cool
Twiztidraven

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:07 am Reply with quote
Currently reading Candy Flurry, Dragon Ball, One Punch Man, Demon Slayer, And Bleach.

A few of these are just rereads and Demon Slayer I was hesitant on because of the hype. Bleach every time I start something happens and I have to restart. Dragon Ball I’ve always loved Z and have seen most of the original anime so I’m reading it now, about the same point with the anime, reading Dragon Ball is so much faster and a lot more fun.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Started Great Priest Imhotep. I'm usually not a fan of shounen, but the Egyptian mythology aspect drew me to it and I liked the art. It's a shame that the series didn't keep the same set up like the one shot, which actually takes place in Ancient Egypt. I'm not sure if I'll continue with it or not.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:47 am Reply with quote
ON a bit of a yuri kick right now. I'm in the middle of reading How Do We Relationship, Whisper Me a Love Song, Days of Love at Seagull Villa, & re-reading Strawberry Panic. Hoping my volumes of Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon ship soon. Just been in a bit of a yuri mood lately. It's also nice seeing more yuri titles not simply centered around high school girls.

Beyond those titles I started up The Witch & The Beast, & Komi Can't Communicate. Komi is not a new title by any stretch, but it's very enjoyable and lighthearted. Definitely a stark contrast to Witch & the Beast. The stories so far in W&B are not that deep or super original, but they are entertaining. I do like the more gothic art style for a change of pace. Plus Guideau is just a great character so he certainly makes the manga more enjoyable.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:08 pm Reply with quote
So this title is actually Chinese, but I'm still posting about it here anyway.

After stumbling upon Psychic Princesson Crunchyroll and binging the whole thing I was excited to discover that there's a comic. Imagine my shock/horror/disappointment when I see that compared to the lovely art style in the anime, the comic art is freaking hideous! I honestly thought it was a joke at first, but nope, the art really does look like some 12-13 year olds portfolio on deviantart that should've never seen the light of day.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:50 pm Reply with quote
^ I'm having the exact same issue with the French comic I'm reading right now! I love the Wakfu animated series, and then I found the comics, but the art is a major downgrade. Not quite as bad as what you're dealing with in Psychic Princess, but half the time I can't even tell who Amalia, one of the main characters, is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 153 of 154