• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NIS America Anime Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Daily Lives of High School Boys: Complete Series Standard Edition (Blu-ray) - 288 minutes - $49.99 - 8/4/15
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-12 and a story guide leaflet.

Special Features: Bonus Scenes, Clean Opening and Ending, Japanese Commercials.

Natsume's Book of Friends: Season 3 Standard Edition (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 288 minutes - $59.99 - 8/4/15
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-13 of season 3 and a story guide leaflet.

Special Features: Clean Opening and Ending, Japanese Commercials.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:57 pm Reply with quote
If Her Flag Breaks: Complete Series Premium Edition (Blu-ray) - 306 minutes - $64.99 - 11/3/15
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-13 plus a 64-page full color hardcover art book with character art, sketches, behind-the-scenes manga, and interviews with the cast and crew.

Special Features: Clean Opening and Endings, Character Trailers, Commercial Bumps, Japanese Commercials.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
via RACS:
Quote:
And the good folks at NIS America informed us of two license expirations this week. As of now their licenses for both Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and Occult Academy have officially expired and both of these titles are now sold out at wholesale and OOP. We currently have stock on both the Anohana TV SE and the Occult Academy BD SE, but I'm sure that won't last long (especially with Anohana) so grab a copy while you still can!
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
NISA Online Store round-up | February 14, 2016. | MSRP: $59.99 (S1 Standard Edition BD), $69.99 (S1 Premium Edition BD)

Love Live! School idol project: Season 1 Standard Edition (Blu-ray): $47.99
Quote:
Standard Edition Includes:
• 2 Blu-ray disc set
- Total of 13 episodes
- Runtime: 307 mins
- English voice acting and original Japanese voice acting with English subtitles
• Bonus features: Clean opening and ending, clean episode 1 ending, clean episode 13 ending, Japanese trailers, and Japanese TV spots

Love Live! School idol project: Season 2 Premium Edition (Blu-ray): $55.99
Quote:
• Premium hardcover slipcase
• 2 Blu-ray disc set
- Total of 13 episodes
- Runtime: 308 mins
- English voice acting and original Japanese voice acting with English Subtitles
• Bonus features: Clean opening and ending, clean episode 1 ending, clean episode 13 ending, Japanese trailers, and Japanese TV spots
• Full color, hardcover art book (approx. 11" x 7", 28 pages) with episode guide, character info, and gorgeous full color illustrations

Love Live! School idol project: Complete Series Blu-ray Bundle (S1 Standard Edition + S2 Premium Edition): $98.98
Quote:
Bundle Includes:
1. Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Premium Edition
• 2 Blu-ray disc set
- Total of 13 episodes
- English voice acting and original Japanese voice acting with English Subtitles
• Full color, hardcover art book (approx. 11" x 7", 28 pages) with episode guide, character info, and gorgeous full color illustrations

2. Love Live! School Idol Project 1st Season Standard Edition
• 2 Blu-ray disc set
- Total of 13 episodes
- Runtime: 307 mins
- English voice acting and original Japanese voice acting with English subtitles

Love Live! School idol project: Season 2 Premium Concert Set (Blu-ray): $88.98
Quote:
Premium Concert Set Includes:
1. Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Premium Edition
• 2 Blu-ray disc set
- Total of 13 episodes

2. Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season OST CD: Notes of School idol days ~Glory~
• 2 CDs
- Total of 64 songs - (View Full Track List)
- Runtime: 122 mins
- Includes instrumental tracks, OP and ED songs, and much more, including "Shocking Party" from A-RISE.

Love Live! School idol project: Complete Series Blu-ray Bundle (S1 Standard Edition + S2 Premium Edition + S2 OST): $131.97
Quote:
2nd Season Original Soundtrack - (View Full Track List)

Love Live! is back with an amazing new soundtrack! Enjoy all of your favorite tunes and tracks from the 2nd Season in this compilation album. This OST includes instrumental tracks, OP and ED songs, and much more, including "Shocking Party" from A-RISE. Complete your collection and live out your idol fantasies with this OST today!
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quote
My apologies if this is the wrong thread but it seems Wagnaria!! S1 license has expired from NISA and they will not be renewing it.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Anime-Corner-Updates---Dec-4th--2015.html?soid=1101606937895&aid=gKk4n2ep60I

This seems to be the 3rd license that has expired for NISA these past few months, is this standard practice or is this an sign of something ominous for NISA? I really hope its not the latter as I love NISA's releases.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:50 am Reply with quote
the garbage release is DVD only
and the japanese rights holder won't allow them to release the blu-ray
the show deserves to be dropped even though I like it very much
it is very common for NISA to let old dead franchises die
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:10 am Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
My apologies if this is the wrong thread but it seems Wagnaria!! S1 license has expired from NISA and they will not be renewing it.
This seems to be the 3rd license that has expired for NISA these past few months, is this standard practice or is this an sign of something ominous for NISA? I really hope its not the latter as I love NISA's releases.

Yea, NISA doesn't hold on to things for ever. Especially when you consider that many of their releases can be considered a little niche, that is they have their audiences but they aren't necessarily blockbuster titles wide wide appeal. The only show I recall them re-releasing and in a new premium edition was Toradora! They have been taking a little bit more of a risk with dubbing, so support them if you can!
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Thank you both for your replies!

One-Eye wrote:
Yea, NISA doesn't hold on to things for ever. Especially when you consider that many of their releases can be considered a little niche, that is they have their audiences but they aren't necessarily blockbuster titles wide wide appeal. The only show I recall them re-releasing and in a new premium edition was Toradora! They have been taking a little bit more of a risk with dubbing, so support them if you can!

Thanks a bunch for further explaining, I've only started collecting for a few years and been involved with all this since I was old enough to get a job and afford and these things so there are plenty of things about the industry I'm still learning haha Good to see this is more of a standard practice type thing and not something more dire.

I have quite a few releases by them and as a dub fan I am super happy they started experimenting in them and have the premium editions of Toradora, A Lull in the Sea and the Love Live Season 1 + 2 plus CD bundle pre-ordered Anime smile
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:40 am Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:

I was expecting this after AoA got the third season, even if I would have preferred Working! 1, 2 and 3 to get the Toradora! dub treatment rather than Aoa's "Will it sell at 100$? More!? Or should we dump it on DVD?" treatment.

In other news, how did I miss the news that Love Live got dubbed? If NIS America dubs them, I will buy them... I guess? So far, yeah- and their prices, even while not subject to sales of third party retailers, are reasonable. And with new pirates like Pony Canyon around and Funi and Sentai price gouging their specialty offerings, a hundred dollars for a two season dubbed BD collection, their premium releases are bargains.

So Wagneria's not working for me but Love Live may long live in my collection. I'll watch it online first and then decide.

Note- The original news was dropped in April with little follow through so they may want to advertise it a bit more. Quiet a difference from Funi's and Sentai's "A cast member a day" notices.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:56 pm Reply with quote
The Princess and the Pilot Standard Edition (Blu-ray) - 99 minutes - $29.99 - 2/2/16
Quote:
Standard Edition Includes
-The Princess and the Pilotmovie on 1 Blu-ray disc featuring DTS 5.1 surround sound
-Japanese commercials and theatrical previews

Yuruyuri Season 2 Standard Edition (Blu-ray) - 286 minutes - $54.99 - 2/2/16
Quote:
Standard Edition Includes
-2 Blu-ray discs
-Episode guide pamphlet
-Clean opening and ending, clean episode 11 prologue, B-side episode previews, and video art book featurettes
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:40 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI:
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie Premium Edition (Blu-ray) - 99 minutes - $54.99 - 6/28/16
Quote:
Special Features: Hardcover art book with gorgeous full color illustrations and character bios, Clean ending, Original Japanese promos

Love Live! The School Idol Movie features spoken languages: English, Japanese, English Subtitles

via NIS America Online Store:
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie Premium Edition (Blu-ray): $43.99
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie + Singles Bundle: $91.99
Quote:
This bundle includes:
• Love Live! The School Idol Movie Premium Edition
• Angelic Angel/Hello, Counting the Stars Single
• SUNNY DAY SONG/?←HEARTBEAT Single
• We Are One Light/Future style Single
• μ’s Final Single

- Love Live! The School Idol Project Full Series + Movie & Singles Bundle: $190.97
Quote:
This bundle includes:
• Love Live! School Idol Project 1st Season Standard Edition
• Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Premium Edition
• Love Live! The School Idol Movie Premium Edition
• Angelic Angel/Hello, Counting the Stars Single
• SUNNY DAY SONG/?←HEARTBEAT Single
• We Are One Light/Future style Single
• μ’s Final Single
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:35 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
NIS America MSRP reductions:

On sale until September 7th @ http://store.nisamerica.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=cardcaptor
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Set 1 (DVD): $34.99
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Set 2 (DVD): $34.99
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Set 3 (DVD): $34.99
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Sets 1 to 3 Bundle (DVD): $94.97 ($31.66 per DVD set)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Complete Series Premium Edition (Blu-ray): $139.99
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12