• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 2.22, Kick-Heart Draw 1 Million & 700,000 on Toonami

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, not bad Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LaSean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
Cool. I have recently gotten into Evangelion thanks to the Rebuild films( before Toonami showed them) Currently making my way through the TV show.

Last edited by LaSean on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Not bad at all, but I feel like Kick-Heart really should have been advertised along with Evangelion. Even a 2 second mention would have gotten me to tune in. I didn't really feel like watching Evangelion 2.22, but I definitely would have stayed up for Kick-Heart.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
Not bad at all, but I feel like Kick-Heart really should have been advertised along with Evangelion. Even a 2 second mention would have gotten me to tune in. I didn't really feel like watching Evangelion 2.22, but I definitely would have stayed up for Kick-Heart.
That's at least two more views they would've had.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
Not bad at all, but I feel like Kick-Heart really should have been advertised along with Evangelion. Even a 2 second mention would have gotten me to tune in.

It was mentioned in the night's intro. Wink
alex251

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:09 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:

but Kick-Heart is absolute trash (just like 2.22), you can always torrent it
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:20 am Reply with quote
How do these numbers compare to typical Toonami numbers and Adult Swim numbers?
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 am Reply with quote
Nobuyuki wrote:
outlawwolf wrote:
Not bad at all, but I feel like Kick-Heart really should have been advertised along with Evangelion. Even a 2 second mention would have gotten me to tune in.

It was mentioned in the night's intro. Wink

Except I went to sleep before Toonami started so I didn't see the opening intro. I was talking about the commercials that were airing before.

alex251 wrote:
outlawwolf wrote:

I could but if it airs on Toonami or on another legal option where I could support the creator, like any good fan of the medium should, then I would.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote
Awesome seeing Yuasa's Kick-Heart on TV. I rushed home to catch the first showing.

alex251 wrote:
outlawwolf wrote:

Ahaha... this guy Wink
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
Wow.
_V_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
Cool, broke the 1 million mark.

I didn't keep full track of all the edited cuts but it was fairly minor - I *think* that rather than bleep the F-bombs Mari drops in the final fight scene (they bleeped profanity in the original series) that they simply muted them out, given that the camera wasn't focused on her.

They kept a surprising number of nudity shots in - including the needless Misato shower scene with full behind-al nudity. And Rei floating in a long glass tube. The one thing they did cut was that when they have an Asuka version of the Pen Pen shower joke, Misato removes a beer can so the camera angle now only reveals a strategically placed straw obstructing her breasts (barely) -- they cut out that shot but they edited it together well enough you wouldn't really notice.

Kick-heart was an insult. We were expecting a FUNimation announcement or something.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:48 am Reply with quote
alex251 wrote:
outlawwolf wrote:

kick-heart at least breaks out of stereotypical anime style, at least it was brave enough to do that.

also 2.22.....kicked ass, but as a fan of the original series its lacking in the character development department, not so much for shinji but everybody else gets some degree of development, it seems rather minute compared to the original series.

given the pro's and cons of these two, they are above trash.watch your self mr. troll.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote
Not bad at all considering that ratings typically take a somewhat large slide on holiday weekends (which makes airing movies a perfect fit)
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:27 am Reply with quote
that really that great. SAO, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece always get 900k to 1m+
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:

Kick-heart was an insult. We were expecting a FUNimation announcement or something.

A Funimation announcement that last 15 minutes? A lot of people figured that it was Kick-heart because it matched what was stated about the surprise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2