• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Cringe-Worthy Villain Deaths

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 am Reply with quote
Sometimes, the decisions you make kill you. *That* is life as well, enurtsol.
kurowa-san

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
I'd personally vote for Kira Yoshikage who spoiler[died because an ambulance hit him], but I guess not enough people have read JoJo part IV to be on the list.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Sounds like young people I knew. Young people make mistakes. Given the chance to learn and correct them such is life, need to be helped not derision.

did you read the spoilers that is quite a bit more then a mistake. someone makes when they are young, that is sexual predator you will end up in jail for sure later on in life behavior.

The more they need to be helped.

Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

And that's sad, exactly.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:

I was already hating Alucard in the previous Hellsing Ultimate episode due to his unnecessary actions to those human soldiers, and yet when I saw a convention screening of it mixed members of the audience were cheering regardless. When Alucard killed Rip Van Winkle the way he did--nobody cheered, not one. Whatever that could mean, I couldn't begin to say. It just solidified me not caring for Alucard as a protagonist so much.

I had the opposite reaction. I was rather pleased to see a non-human protagonist showing no mercy to humans because he didn't see that as somehow making them any less his enemy. And I can't really say I was too upset that he takes things as far as he does since they make it pretty clear that he is a monster.

Last edited by Greed1914 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm one of the few people who must have loved Light and was unhappy to see him go Sad lol. I think madhouse staff liked him too and gave him a more dignified death.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Shishio's death looked better in the manga, but Steve Blum's laughter made it chilling, and awesome.
sainta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Shishio's death was pretty random but the one from the film was ridiculous. spoiler[Shishio had a wound in his head so when Kenshin hit him in the head (very anticlimatic move), it split in two. Shishio used his last forces to somehow rejoin his head...] No wonder most people dislike that film
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
The last episode of Death Note had me acting in ways I never did watching the end of an Anime series--I was jumping up and down, cheering, clapping, what have you. After over 30 episodes of watching Light do almost nothing but the disgusting and the despicable, this was my payoff, and it definitely was one hell of a payoff. Even though the movies told a shorter digest version of the same story, it still had the same effect on me.

I was already hating Alucard in the previous Hellsing Ultimate episode due to his unnecessary actions to those human soldiers, and yet when I saw a convention screening of it mixed members of the audience were cheering regardless. When Alucard killed Rip Van Winkle the way he did--nobody cheered, not one. Whatever that could mean, I couldn't begin to say. It just solidified me not caring for Alucard as a protagonist so much.

Though her death wasnt really that cringe worthy. Though what happened to Luke Valentine when spoiler[ he became dog food LITTERATERLY to Alucard's hounds ] was more cringe worthy than Light or Van Winkle.

Aleast they didn't put Lelouch in this list cause it would restart the whole light / lelouch debate all over again cause there were at times he acted like a villian more than light.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Sounds like young people I knew. Young people make mistakes. Given the chance to learn and correct them such is life, need to be helped not derision.

did you read the spoilers that is quite a bit more then a mistake. someone makes when they are young, that is sexual predator you will end up in jail for sure later on in life behavior.

The more they need to be helped.

Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

And that's sad, exactly.

All evil people need to be helped. That doesn't mean they shouldn't pay for their crimes, or the villains reaping what they have sown.

There are always consequences to your actions, always. You play false with a girl's heart, even the world could be destroyed (at least in anime). In real life, even good people snap when pushed to the breaking point.

Makoto got what he deserved. Was it right, no. But when you play with fire, you are going to get burned. He didn't care who he hurt, so why should anyone care about him.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
^
Which crime?

Someone gets you pregnant (for which, unless it's rape, you're half-responsible) and cheats on you, hope he grows up, learns his lesson, and becomes a good father to your baby. Or at the very least, have the state make him pay child support for many years. You don't kill the child's father and ruin all 3 lives.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
^
Which crime?

Someone gets you pregnant (for which, unless it's rape, you're half-responsible) and cheats on you, hope he grows up, learns his lesson, and becomes a good father to your baby. Or at the very least, have the state make him pay child support for many years. You don't kill the child's father and ruin all 3 lives.

A previous poster listed all the evil things he did. This is not a character that was going to learn any life lessons. That said, I think you are misunderstanding where I am coming from.

What you stated is a dream of what should have happened. A standard we should all apply ourselves to reach. But it is not a 100% reality. Love makes people irrational and sometimes dangerous. You mess around with the wrong person or push someone too far, you have to accept responsibility for the consequences of your actions. Doesn't matter if the push back is illegal or destructive to your victim, it was your actions that got the ball rolling. Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:29 am Reply with quote
At least Shuffle never ended that that cause the main protagonist wasn't an jackass.

though that girl who he was living all this time that was revealed to have "emotional problems" could have done the same thing like what that girl did to Makoto.

However if there was any villain that should have gotten a cringe worthy death , its Izaya Orihara from the Durarara!! (TV) series. Now that is one bastard that should have gotten one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3