• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network to Run Pokémon the Movie: Genesect, XY Anime Sneak Peek

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
How will they be able to dub the XY episodes so fast since they're airing on the 17th in Japan?

even i want to know that. most anime dubbing dont even take that long and the epsiodes between the japaneese and english version is like three months tops. unless there will be a mega hiatus after the series ends , people will be really confused.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote
BonusStage wrote:
Frankly it was dumb people were calling the Japanese title "Extremespeed Genesect" when it was clearly Godspeed Genesect Confused

The movie is called Shinsoku no Genosekuto: Myuutsū Kakusei. Shinsoku is the attack Godspeed a.k.a. Extremespeed in English. It'd be like how if it was called, I don't know, Fuiuchi no Absol, people would call it Sucker Punch Absol. Switching the Japanese attack name for the English attack name isn't dumb.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
BonusStage wrote:
Frankly it was dumb people were calling the Japanese title "Extremespeed Genesect" when it was clearly Godspeed Genesect Confused

The movie is called Shinsoku no Genosekuto: Myuutsū Kakusei. Shinsoku is the attack Godspeed a.k.a. Extremespeed in English. It'd be like how if it was called, I don't know, Fuiuchi no Absol, people would call it Sucker Punch Absol. Switching the Japanese attack name for the English attack name isn't dumb.

Can't be surprised. eliminating every aspect of the word god have been done for every single kids series whether their japaneese anime or US cartoons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Thats not the point. Extremespeed is Godspeed. They didn't need to censor it since the attack has existed since Gen II and they should've just made the switch. There's no reason they shouldn't have gone "OK, this is called Godspeed Genesekuto, that means we need to rename it Extremespeed Genesect." What I don't get is why they dropped Extremespeed entirely. I haven't seen the movie, but I imagine the fact that it knows that attack is a big deal since 1. The movie is named after it and 2. They made it an event move.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2