• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2011-05-18

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robot-Nyan

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Brilliant ending Laughing
Aww, bless Nina - she's just too cute!
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quote
That was sweet. And funny. I was actually thinking about Scott Pilgrim the other day, and how it's an indie comic, but with manga-influences. I was wondering when it would come up in this arc. Great comic as always, Robin.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it was a great arc. And hooray for the props to Scott Pilgrim.

Sea Lion wrote:
Is that a first-run edition of Boob & Ninja Stuff that was packaged with the body pillow and chibi Booby Ninja figurine?

No, Based on the cover, it's the reprint that only came with the raised boob mouse pad.
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:14 am Reply with quote
Ha Ha

Stoopid Indie Comics News Elf

What he doesn't realize is that by accepting that book from Nina he is now engaged in holding Nina's hand by proxy.

The 2nd hand kiss is harder to pull off, but not impossible. He just has to fall asleep with the book on his face while it's open to the same page as Nina did.

No, I'm not telling you what page it was. Don't even go there.
GVman

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
BooB & Ninja Stuff is officially my new favorite thing.
PBsallad

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Cheesecracker wrote:
The 2nd hand kiss is harder to pull off, but not impossible. He just has to fall asleep with the book on his face while it's open to the same page as Nina did.

No, I'm not telling you what page it was. Don't even go there.

Except it's not a book. Unless it's a flipped edition of the manga. The spine is on the left side instead of the right.

edit: Looking at it more and thinking about it, it is a book. But it was either flipped or it isn't Japanese comic still stands. Wink
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Uggh...I always make the mistake of telling friends about manga I don't like (or they won't like).

I don't want people to keep feeling that manga or anime is unaccessible, but I can't always figure out that what I'm about to say/show them/lend them might just turn them off forever.... Crying or Very sad

Nina should have gotten him "Yoshihiro Tatsumi: The Most Depressing Stories Collection". I think he would have liked it! Razz
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
(redacted by author)

wackity smakity doo

Last edited by Cheesecracker on Mon May 23, 2011 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:35 am Reply with quote
Cheesecracker wrote:

Seriously, there's no way Robin did it by accident. Amateurish mistakes like that are up there with drawing the thumb on the wrong side of the hand.

Coincidentally, you can spot these people by their tendency to not draw any fingers at all. Mistakenly taken as a stylistic choice, when actually it's proof that they just got confused or stuck. Sometimes it's a sign of laziness. It shows up in comics that seldom exceed one strip per week to 2 weeks.

You can't say that about Robin can you? No, you can't.

What?

Oh darn.

I can't tell whether I should be insulted or not. In any event, should anyone else have a full time day job as an artist and still find the time to write and draw a full color comic nearly every week, and uphold a marriage and a social life, and have said comic drawn in a more detailed style (with fingers and noses!)and get it out the door in time and catch every error each time for pretty much passion and fans alone and nothing else, I tip my hat to them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
blah blah blah

Last edited by Cheesecracker on Mon May 23, 2011 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Cheesecracker wrote:

Maybe I'm a jerk

This, yeah. Although I wouldn't use such a pleasant word for it.
Cheesecracker

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote
yadda yadda yadda

Last edited by Cheesecracker on Mon May 23, 2011 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Pokedpoker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I love the name of "Shmotel"... it's like a hotel and a motel but combined! Not to mention it sounds cool when you say it C:

And aww... I'm gonna miss Andy. I hope he returns again! (and lol when he jumped outta the window)

Nina should have given Seth her favorite manga/anime, Ultimate Mop Daisuke! (Or maybe that's for another time?) But anyways, it's nice to see that elves for manga/anime (Nina), indie stuff (Seth), and comics (Andy) can all get along Very Happy Maybe Seth has a indie comic to give Nina too, as a going-away gift? Haha Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2