• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Man Who Said Dragon Ball Saiyan Told Him to Kill Sentenced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, this guy is cracked in the head and needs to be in an asylum. And Japan wants to suspend his sentence? I thought Japan hit hard when it came to crime, regardless of whether the criminal is a nutter or not.

Quote:
Saiyans don't tell other people to kill. They do it themselves.

Too true. Except for using the saibamen once, they do it all themselves. Look at Vegeta and Raditz. Saiyans do their own dirty work.

Why does this almost remind me of the Son of Sam killer, who said a dog told him to murder? Rolling Eyes
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Just when I thought I heard everything, I end up hearing more off the wall news.

Also, even though Saiyans don't exist (obviously) they sure don't tell others to do their dirty work. They do it themselves, at least that is how it was later on the series.

I was kind of hoping Dragon Ball would be able to avoid this type of news, but it seems like that is not possible. Just like D note.

What is next? Some person trying to hollowfication themselves and blame it on Bleach? Or maybe Naruto is next?

Japan, sometimes you confuse me and other times you make laugh. While this does confuse me, it does not make me laugh, but make me wonder what happened to get to this point with this issue.
noriko-takaya

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Anyone picking up on the irony that the judge's last name is Ito? (Hint: OJ)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Japan, sometimes you confuse me and other times you make laugh. While this does confuse me, it does not make me laugh, but make me wonder what happened to get to this point with this issue.

Obviously his mind was corrupted with amoral publications in his youth! Laughing
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Obviously his mind was corrupted with amoral publications in his youth! :lol:

I guess it's true, the pen is mightier than the sword. I know that has been said tons of times in the past, but it does seems words and images combined can really impact some people.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
He didn't even stab the right guy? Murder fail, Vegeta would be disappointed.
Girubaato

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:12 pm Reply with quote
The first thing I thought when I saw the headline was "is this guy mentally ill?". Glad the person he stabbed is still alive though. It must be a horrible experience.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Girubaato wrote:
The first thing I thought when I saw the headline was "is this guy mentally ill?".

Of course. Someone truly mentally ill would come up with a funny excuse. His excuse is just lame.
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:17 pm Reply with quote
What I find disturbing is that any murderer roaming the streets of Japan can walk in to their local convenience store and buy a butchers knife for their next victim. Shocked

Don't see those things in US convenience stores.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote
jmaeshawn wrote:
What I find disturbing is that any murderer roaming the streets of Japan can walk in to their local convenience store and buy a butchers knife for their next victim. 8O

Don't see those things in US convenience stores.

While a standard US convenience store may not sell knives, stores like Target, Walmart and even some grocery stores do. Don't forget online shopping makes it even easier.

For example, Amazon. Just for fun, I typed in once a grocery product and not only did they carry the item, but they had similar products and also offered free express shipping. So imagine if it's that easy to order grocery items on their site how easy it must be to search for other items like knives as well.

I am just glad the victim is alive and not severely injured. I can only imagine how scared he must have been, rightfully so as well.
RoverTX

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote
jmaeshawn wrote:
What I find disturbing is that any murderer roaming the streets of Japan can walk in to their local convenience store and buy a butchers knife for their next victim. Shocked

Goes down the street to the 'quicky mart'

Buys a bottle of beer.

Drinks said beer.

Takes said now empty bottle and breaks it on the side walk outside.

Has pointy stabby object.

???

spoiler[Murder!]

------

Sorry couldn't resist lol, you can though find hammers sometimes in US stores as a side note, and I know one gas station in a rural area where if I remember correctly from my youth you used to be able to buy ammo and hunting licenses.

------

On subject, his insanity claim just generally sounds like BS to me. Not everyone who claims to be insane really is, its a shame because it makes it harder for those who really do need help to be weeded out from the real scum bags.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:34 am Reply with quote
RoverTX wrote:

On subject, his insanity claim just generally sounds like BS to me. Not everyone who claims to be insane really is, its a shame because it makes it harder for those who really do need help to be weeded out from the real scum bags.

If done correctly, any perp who claims that has to have sessions with at least one court-appointed psychiatrist experienced in such matters who would determine the validity.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2