• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon the Series: XY Anime Previewed in Latest Promo Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Juno016 wrote:
And Serebii confirmed, it's Serena, Citron/Clemont, and his little sister.

Is this for the the anime?
I checked Serebii's website and I haven't seen any new information about Ash's (Satoshi's) new traveling partners posted up there yet...

He's not updating the site until there's actual written confirmation, but that's what he's telling me, based on the positioning of everyone in the promotional image.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Wait, it premieres in Japan on the 17th and CN is playing two episodes on the 19th? They really are pushing this worldwide release thing, aren't they? Will CN's episodes be dubbed(dumb question!)? Does this mean the second episode of XY will premiere in America before Japan?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-09/cartoon-network-to-run-pokemon-the-movie/genesect-xy-anime-sneak-peek

Announced two days ago. Yes, the US is getting the second episode first and they will be dubbed. However, since the US still has 13 episodes to go, Pokemon XY won't be properly airing on Cartoon Network for a while.

On Oct 17th, Pokemon X and Y in Japan will show the 1st 2 episodes first.
precita

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Misty is never coming back, her character was abandoned a long time ago. They also don't bother to give Misty episodes anymore so she hasn't had any appearance outside of flashbacks since the Hoenn era. She's dead and buried.

No idea why everytime a new generation of the anime starts people keep thinking Misty is coming back. Hasn't it become time the conspiracy theories about Misty finally ended? It's been an entire decade since she left, her character is about dead and buried as you can possibly get.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:51 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I wonder how the anime is gonna handle the huge changes in the type chart.

spoiler["Oh, yea, uuuuh, it seems Steel doesn't resist Ghost and Dark. It's a phenomena as to why mons like Metagross and Bronzong seemed relatively unaffected by Ghost attacks since they're actually SUPER EFFECTIVE!"]

That there have to be the most stupid idea ever. if they want to make type changes that drastic , they should eliminate Gyarados's Water/Flying type and give it the Water/Dragon type instead of that.

Haterater wrote:
Not 100% confirmed, but the scans shows the characters in question but its very blurry and hard to see the characters and the information. Check the very last scan on the site that says "Pokémon XY Anime" there.

Actually it is now. i just checked it on Corro Corro . it will be serena , Citron and his sister. definitely will be interesting how the otaku community will react since their haven't been a brother/sister accompanying Satoshi since Haruka & Masato.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jen Bigby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
Trailer from Pokemon Smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz9y7GI_59I

Mega Pokemon confirmed in the first episode.. who wants to bet Pikachu will get a Mega form?

Laughing Yurika is Citron's sister name in romaji, but I think it's suppose to be Eureka for Eureka Lemons given her brother's name is based on Citron Lemons. Pretty cute.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:44 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
I wonder how the anime is gonna handle the huge changes in the type chart.

spoiler["Oh, yea, uuuuh, it seems Steel doesn't resist Ghost and Dark. It's a phenomena as to why mons like Metagross and Bronzong seemed relatively unaffected by Ghost attacks since they're actually SUPER EFFECTIVE!"]

That there have to be the most stupid idea ever. if they want to make type changes that drastic , they should eliminate Gyarados's Water/Flying type and give it the Water/Dragon type instead of that.

Every change to the type chart has been for the sole purpose of balancing the video games. They introduced Fairy to nerf Fighting and Dragon types and to give Steel and Poison attacks some actual purpose. Taking away Steel's resistance to Dark and Ghost is likely to nerf it's INSANE defensive capabilities, but in return they get a resistance to Fairy and hit it SE. If Fairy takes over like it looks to, then it's a fair trade off.

They didn't change to the type chart to help or hurt any one Pokemon, they did it to balance types. Changing Gyarados to Water/Dragon would've done nothing but affect him. The fact that they're finally taking time to revise their type chart after 14 years and 400+ Pokemon should be applauded.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quote
true enough it should be applauded especially with the infamous hacks of sableye and spirittomb that have wonder guard. however if there is anything that a majority of pokemainiacs like me agree is that there are two tragedy in the game. giving gyarados the awful water/flying typing and not giving farfetched an evolution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2