• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Baccano! Blu-ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote
This is still the most popular show that I ever screened at my old anime club. Those people wouldn't shut up and watch a show without constantly talking, but Baccano was a different story. The great thing about this series is that you can't afford to not pay attention.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Kalessin wrote:
It's too bad that the show is so uber-violent, since there are definitely folks that I know would love watching Isaac and Miria but wouldn't want to put up with the violence.
Pfft, the brutality of the show is a plus for it. Twisted Evil I wanna say "people have just gotta deal with it," but I've never had a problem with it. It sometimes shocked me, but in the best of ways. Laughing

I still haven't seen it yet and the thought of excessive guts and gore unnerves me, so I wonder if I'll ever watch this. Then again, after seeing the gruesome deaths of Dead Space 2, I think anyone would be able to stomach this Anime hyper
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote
You know. I'd only ever watched the dub, and I decided to watch it with the full subtitles turned on to see the differences, and it's night and day. This is definitely a show where the dub script is a huge improvement over the original. The English writers did a fantastic job with the script. Whatever they paid them, they should have doubled it. Sometimes the dub script ends up being somewhat worse, and often it's debatable, since they're pretty close, but this is one case where the dub script really improves on the original dialog.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3