• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Review error: it's Satoshi "KON", not "K-ON!"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torinostu351

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
While revisiting the "Paranoia Agent" DVD reviews, I noticed that when Theron Martin simply used Kon to indicate director "Satoshi Kon," it was apparently auto-corrected at times to say K-ON!, with a hotlink to that anime.

This only seems to appear in the DVD 3 and 4 review by Martin, not the DVD 1 review by Bamboo. And a quick check at some other articles and reviews didn't seem to have the same error.

Normally I wouldn't bother mentioning it, since I only found it mildly amusing and ironic, but I would hate for a new fan to come across it and think Satoshi Kon had anything to do with K-ON!.

Thanks!
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote
A small bug of automated greenlinks. Anime smile + sweatdrop All fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
Not the first time..

There are currently 196 news articles hard or soft linked to the K-On entry, although it looks like the bulk of them are probably legitimate mentions ^^;

I have so far corrected one more incorrect "the films and television series that K-ON! has worked on" and another has already been disabled but is still coming up at the other end for some reason...

--edit--

I think that's all the news articles done, what I hadn't noticed was the 62 "Other articles" since that section was collapsed...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1