• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Confirms New Licenses

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Ahlstrom

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:14 pm Reply with quote
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:

I've heard it used elsewhere, too. I'm not exactly sure about this, but I had heard it meant something along the lines of "Out-of-place part."

It's actually Out of Place Artifact.
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:45 am Reply with quote
barbapapa wrote:
Viz licensed the one from Young Sunday

Cool beans! Hidenori Hara illustrates the Young Sunday version. This guy is a fantastic manga creator, he does a whole bunch of different genre manga, from sport manga, to slice of life drama (Winter's Tale and Come To A My House (sic)), to action thriller (Gokudo Girl, with Buronsen), and even a serial about an aspiring manga artist (Itsudemo Yumewo). He's a really good artist, and draws cute girls. Hopefully Train Man will be just the start of a general translation of his work.

Widya Santoso
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Someone_II

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:
well i guess if you can't get Fullmetal alchemist, you might as well get the pale imitation.

er...viz already owns fullmetal alchemist.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:01 am Reply with quote
CMX also doesn't include the sketches and author commentary at the end of their titles, because they're cheap. Viz probably got the better Train Man, anyway.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quote
What? Full Metal Alchemist owns the idea of alchemy? Bah. Bosu Renken sounds pretty cool and rather different. Plus that giant sword is pretty cool. (Please don't psychoanalize that.)

As for Densha, I sure hope the mangas are better than the TV Show. The TV show was cute, but quite cliche and appeared to be mostly a marketing gimmick. I hope people noticed how much damn product placement was in that show. It was terrible. My friend even said he heard it worked, as sales of Hermes and that tea they had skyrocketed after the ep aired.

Then again, I've heard talk that the supposed true story posted on message boards was just a plant by whoever was creating this multimedia event and marketing gimmick known as Densha Otoku.

If you weren't aware of all the marketing imbeded in this series, I hope you rethink how you feel about it. It seems Japanese marking firms think you are lambs to the slaughter. Of course, looking at sales of the stuff in Japan, it seems they're right. Now we see some of the same crap pulled here in the US, but I don't think I've ever seen a show as bad as Densha.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2