• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shows with tons of F-bombs.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it did, but Ophelia was responsible for the vast majority of them, I think. She, uh, didn't take too well to the outcome of a certain fight. But overall there wasn't much swearing in the series that I recall.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Now, why on earth would I do such a task?

Because you have a whole lot more time on your hands than I do.

Just out of curiosity, is the count for English dub only or English sub or the Japanese voice track? I would be sort of interested to know how they differ.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I didn't make a point of noting exactly what words were used (although they extended to the 'c' word) but, I recently picked up a semi-random episode of Deadman Wonderland on iTunes - Episode 6 - and.... boy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I didn't make a point of noting exactly what words were used (although they extended to the 'c' word) but, I recently picked up a semi-random episode of Deadman Wonderland on iTunes - Episode 6 - and.... boy.

Oh yes..... Hummingbird. Laughing

Giving us such classic lines as "Why don't you go **** *** into a bottle of formaldehyde and call it our firstborn?" Laughing Laughing Laughing
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Didn't Claymore have some? It's been so long since I watched it I can't remember.

Yeah, I recall the villainous Ophelia using that colorful word (and holy crap, I didn't know Luci Christian voiced her).

edit: oops, didn't notice that Tuor already answered that question.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is the count for English dub only or English sub or the Japanese voice track? I would be sort of interested to know how they differ.

Really I've only been counting the English dubs because they typically have more uses of the word, but if a show is sub-only has still has a ton of them, then I guess I can count that too.

Which reminds me, Detroit Metal City has a whole lot of 'em. Mainly thanks to the manager, and the song F***ingham Palace. Laughing
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Bandou drops a bunch in Elfen Lied. Others I think I recall hearing a few f-bombs in:

Claymore
Baccano
Samurai Champloo
Mezzo
Another
Witchblade
Darker Than Black
Monster
Demon King Daimao
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
Bandou drops a bunch in Elfen Lied. Others I think I recall hearing a few f-bombs in:

Claymore
Baccano
Samurai Champloo
Mezzo
Another
Witchblade
Darker Than Black
Monster
Demon King Daimao

Baccano, Champloo, and Mezzo each only have one. I don't recall hearing any in Witchblade, DTB, or Daimao. And I'm pretty positive Monster doesn't have any. Haven't watched Another yet, so I can't comment on that.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps Gilgamesh and Texhnolyze? I can't really go back and confirm that, since I didn't care for them, but they seemed to me like the kind of shows that would have it.

If I recall correctly there's also a lot of foul language in the Mardock Scramble films and Blue Gender.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Perhaps Gilgamesh and Texhnolyze? I can't really go back and confirm that, since I didn't care for them, but they seemed to me like the kind of shows that would have it.

If I recall correctly there's also a lot of foul language in the Mardock Scramble films and Blue Gender.

Gilgamesh had two, and I can't remember any of them in Blue Gender (then again, it's been years since I watched it). I do know the first Mardock Scramble had a small handful but I haven't seen the second. Nor have I watched Texhnolyze at all, so I can't comment on that.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:

Really I've only been counting the English dubs because they typically have more uses of the word, but if a show is sub-only has still has a ton of them, then I guess I can count that too.

There have been a number of shows where an f-bomb has been seemingly dropped out of nowhere on the Japanese track. There were at least two in an episode of something I watched recently, but I can't remember what it was now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
It not an English dub and the episodes are just 12 minutes long, but IIRC there's plenty of F-Bombs (as in, they say it in "Engrish") in Detroit Metal City
... as well as other colorful language.... sometimes said 10 or 11 times within a single second. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote
its not a ton, but Joel McDonald as Kosaka in Future Diary let off about 3 when He, Mao and Aru are caught in Yuno's trap
born2die

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quote
I seen a few episodes of Wallflower. Lots of screaming and F-bombs were taken place.
bin1127

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quote
To actually hear the english F--k is somewhat rare. Most time it's just japanese equivalent of swearing which is a summer breeze compared what people throw around these days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3