• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation December '13 / January '14 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm very excited about this. I think it paves the way for titles that otherwise would get nixed to have a shot. Not only that, but those titles will be offered more cheaply than dubbed titles. *wallet smiles* Of course, it doesn't hurt that as my anime habit progresses, I'm starting to favour subs over dubs (in most cases)...
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote
Amazon has Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians listed now: LE / Reg. The release date is listed as December 31, 2013 instead (January 7, 2013).
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:

Et tu Funi? That's a stab in the back, you were our last best hope for dubs. I don't like where this is going. Sad
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Amazon has Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians listed now: LE / Reg. The release date is listed as December 31, 2013 instead (January 7, 2013).

Up @ TRSI. Date Available - Coming Soon, Date to be Determined
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Due to TRSI's habit of using these "alt" SKUs the system automatically added both listings to the LE release under FN06945 and it was a mighty struggle to get it to move one over.

Rakuten is also saying 31st December.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
An announcemnt for the upcoming DBZ set.

The article wrote:
FUNimation is making the original Dragon Ball Z seasons available on Blu-ray for the first time. Season 1 includes the first thirty-nine episodes, remastered and presented in 1080p at a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Chalk up another FUNi-failure for the altered aspect ratios. And a big "fudge you" to the idiots that don't even care/know what OAR is and voted for it to be changed in the first place.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Please, I'm just happy to give them more money for a show that, statistically, most of us own at least twice, (probably three times by now) and are sick to death of and have no intention to watch again anyway because we have already seen it five times. Seems like a sound use of money.

Also, this paves the way for another release in original full screen aspect, just to make us buy it again.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Dragonball Z presented in Blu-ray for the first time? I guess they want us all to forget about DBZ Blu-ray Level 1.1?
Joe anime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
An announcemnt for the upcoming DBZ set.

The article wrote:
FUNimation is making the original Dragon Ball Z seasons available on Blu-ray for the first time. Season 1 includes the first thirty-nine episodes, remastered and presented in 1080p at a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Chalk up another FUNi-failure for the altered aspect ratios. And a big "fudge you" to the idiots that don't even care/know what OAR is and voted for it to be changed in the first place.

Funi had an online survey asking fans if they wanted the DBZ Blu-Rays in 4:8 or 16:9,so don't blame Funimation for that.they did the smart thing,it's the fans that wanted the 16:9 aspect ratio.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I know. I'm saying it's both their faults; FUNi is gutless for even making it a question in the first place instead of just leaving the artistic integrity be; and the "fans" are idiots for voting to crop it. One group is impotent, and the other is inadequate. Both are incompetent.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
I'm convinced that the only people who are complaining about DBZ's aspect ratio are those who more than likely weren't planning to buy the blurays in the first place. Laughing
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
I'm convinced that the only people who are complaining about DBZ's aspect ratio are those who more than likely weren't planning to buy the blurays in the first place. Laughing
Yeah no...

That is complete and utter bullshit. Even though I'm lucky enough to have the Dragon Boxes, I was hoping these new BD's would be 4:3, and I'd be able to have what the Dragon Boxes lack.

The Dragon Boxes have some coloring issues (IIRC it was due to the aging of the original film) and they also lack that English BGM.

And here's another thing, remember those level BD sets? Those actually ended up looking better than the Dragon Boxes, so there was reason to look forward to these new BD's that FUNimation would actually finish, rather than dropping.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

$23.99 for a Combo pack!?!?!??! Holy shit. That has to be a misprice as that is WAY too good of a deal. Unless it is because the series is old?

People better snag it fast before the price goes up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the double post but someone on the Funimation page pointed this out:

http://www.previewsworld.com/support/previews_docs/orderforms/archive/2013/NOV13_COF.txt

Quote:
NOV13 2547 EUREKA SEVEN THE MOVIE BD + DVD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $34.98 = $
NOV13 2548 EUREKA SEVEN THE MOVIE DVD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $29.98 = $
NOV13 2549 EUREKA SEVEN COMP SER BD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $59.98 = $
NOV13 2550 EUREKA SEVEN COMP SER DVD (Net) (C: 0-1-1) 01/29/14 SRP: $49.98 = $

Since the movie has a combo pack, all signs are pointing towards Funimation. I wonder if this listing is actually true.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5