• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Michael Bay ruined my childhood(Transformer vehicle pics)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Like we really need to see that pic twice, Riyousha...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Newcomer wrote:
Also, don't worry about Uwe Boll, he only makes terrible movies on videogames, not comic books. *cough* Bloodrayne *cough cough* Silent Hill *cough* Laughing

He didn't do Silent Hill. Get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off.

And personally, I thought Silent Hill was really good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:51 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Steve: So not actually seeing the Transformers until the movie comes out isn't a rip-off in your eyes?

No, because even if they do, worst case scenario, look like Go-bots, they're not the only reason I'd see the movie and not the ultimate deciding factor if the movie is any good.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
And personally, I thought Silent Hill was really good.

Please don't ruin anything for me, I haven't seen it yet!

Personally, everybody, I think some of us out there are making a big deal over nothing and you're just going to piss off a lot of people with your "THIS IS GOING TO SUCK!!" rants (I'm not trying to sound like a mod!). If it sucks, we'll know when the damn thing comes out, I don't think I've seen people make such a big deal over something like this.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quote
I was betting that the transformers in that movie will be CGI rather than being made with technology. They did that with I Robot didn't they. The reason is because it's hard to make a gigantic robot in real life for a movie with technology so they'll probably use computers to make the transformers.

Anime_Newcomer wrote:
Also, don't worry about Uwe Boll, he only makes terrible movies on videogames, not comic books. *cough* Bloodrayne *cough cough* Silent Hill *cough* Laughing

I know. He always makes good games into bad films. I remember that there was a Mario film. And boy was it bad. It was bad because it was nothing like a Mario game. I mean look at Koopa. Koopa wasn't even a monster. He was a man who spoiler[evolved from a T-Rex]. And the goombas weren't Mushroom-like creatures. Instead, they were ugly small-heade dinosauric freaks. And Luigi didn't even have a mustache. He looked like a young adult. And Yoshi wasn't cute and friendly. He was a fierce and vicious velociraptor who worked for Koopa. Man was that Mario film stupid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
I know. He always makes good games into bad films. I remember that there was a Mario film. And boy was it bad. It was bad because it was nothing like a Mario game. I mean look at Koopa. Koopa wasn't even a monster. He was a man who spoiler[evolved from a T-Rex]. And the goombas weren't Mushroom-like creatures. Instead, they were ugly small-heade dinosauric freaks. And Luigi didn't even have a mustache. He looked like a young adult. And Yoshi wasn't cute and friendly. He was a fierce and vicious velociraptor who worked for Koopa. Man was that Mario film stupid.

And y'know what? That wasn't Boll, either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Riyousha wrote:

And y'know what? That wasn't Boll, either.

I know the movie wasn't made by Uwe Boll. It was just a bad movie and it was made by someone else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Steve: So not actually seeing the Transformers until the movie comes out isn't a rip-off in your eyes?

Well that isn't going to happen because of 2 things:

1-The Movie Toys which will be out in Stores before the Movie is out in the Theatres.

2- The Movie Game which should be out before the Movie.
x_Hisoka_x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Sorry Nag, I didn't mean to say Silent Hill. I meant to say House of the Dead. Oh S**T, I just read somewhere that he's making a Far Cry movie now to. Man, this guy (Uwe Boll) is stupid. Why would he keep making game-to-movie transitions when all of his have sucked? And yea, that Mario Movie WAS terrible. I think every movie based on a game has or atleast wasn't very good. Doom, Double Dragon.....I can't think of anymore at the moment but you get the drift. Sorry to get off topic.

As for how they'll do the movie...I honestly have no idea. I'm assuming they are actually making the robots due to the picture of Bumblebee but the fighting/transforming will be CG for sure.

And, Primus, the movie games that come out before the movie usually have NOTHING to do with the actual movie. They usually are there to fill the caps if the movie coming out is a sequel and they usually suck. X3: The Official Game Of The Movie was supposed to fill in the caps from X2 to X3. I didn't play it but I heard it was terrible. Confused
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Newcomer wrote:

And, Primus, the movie games that come out before the movie usually have NOTHING to do with the actual movie. They usually are there to fill the caps if the movie coming out is a sequel and they usually suck. X3: The Official Game Of The Movie was supposed to fill in the caps from X2 to X3. I didn't play it but I heard it was terrible. Confused

Yes that is true. But I was replying to a comment about having to wait until the Movie is out the see their Robot Forms. Last time I checked Activission(Who is making the Movie Game)'s Spiderman and X-Men all had accurate depictions of the Characters in the Movies.
Animedude35

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, can you blame people naming every bad videogame movie on Boll?

Here's the list of movies that have been done by him, currently out(thanks imdb.com):

BloodRayne (2005)
Alone in the Dark (2005)
House of the Dead (2003)

First off, so far, he hasn't made a single good movie of a license video game, AND he has more coming....(again thanks imdb.com)

Far Cry (2008) (pre-production)
Postal (2007) (pre-production)
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007) (post-production)

Good lord! He also has Far Cry AND Postal, both first person shooters that have straight foward storylines.....well Far Cry does anyways. And Dungeon Siege has Burt Reynolds......nuff said.

Anyways back on topic, I think Michael Bay will make the Transformer's movie awesome with his knowledge of making action movies, even though he had some flops (The Island and Bad Boys 2 anyone?)
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Wait, then who made the Resident Evil movies?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:

Paul W. S Anderson.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
Paul Anderson of Event Horizon fame directed the first one. His other work includes Alien vs. Predator, Soldier, and Mortal Kombat

Alexander Witt directed the second, which was his first time beng the "Main Director" or whatever you want to call it. He has done some second unit directing in some really good movies though. Like Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator to name a few. To bad he didn't learn anything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
To bad he didn't learn anything.

Yeah, definitely. I only saw some of the first one and I saw all of the second. I saw the second one with my mom (I have no idea why) and even though she has never really tried to criticize a movie, she ended up saying it was worse than most of the Indian Bollywood films she watches (which are god-awful, if I might add). That movie was possibly one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen (besides the recent Planet of the Apes). Sorry for getting off-topic.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6