• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds 2011 Fullmetal Alchemist Film, Is this a Zombie?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matriel

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:58 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Yay, more of my money to spend! First... I need to get a credit/debit card.

Take your time, my friend. Don't expect to spend your money until, what, 2013? FUNimation announcements come far, far before they actually hit store shelves.

What ever happened to the rest of Shana, Hellsing Ultimate, etc.? Didn't FUNi announce they had those over a year ago?
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
Gosh, if Index and Railgun are ecchi, I wish I was you. I'm too desensitized apparently.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:58 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
Gosh, if Index and Railgun are ecchi, I wish I was you. I'm too desensitized apparently.

I assume that was directed at me. Yes, you're too desensitized if you didn't notice all of the exploding clothes, bath and shower scenes, changing room scenes, locker room scenes, and up skirts. They also use creative measures to hide what would otherwise be full frontal nudity (a shower hose, a shred of drifting cloth, hands (often Kuroko's), or well timed scene transition) rather than excessive steam and awkward rays of light, while anything from the back is fair game. There's way, way more being shown in either series than the extremely mild Zombie.

But I didn't call it ecchi in the first place. I was simply naming off titles that showed more skin than Zombie did when tangytangerine said FUNi doesn't usually license titles like that.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:51 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:
Considering Funi tends to stay away from the ecchi-type shows.

Which FUNI would that be? You're not talking about the one that licensed Sekirei, Vampire Bund, Index, Railgun, Freezing, two seasons of Heaven's Lost Property, Master of Martial Hearts, RIN, two seasons of Rosario + Vampire, and several others all in the last few years are you? Zombie is pretty mild compared to several of those. FUNi has a clean image because they do so many kid's shows, but they're from being strangers to a lot of skin and full nudity.

I knew I needed to edit that post. I meant compared to how many ecchi shows Sentai picks up. Seems like for every 1 decent show Sentai picks up, they license 3-4 ecchi shows.

Yeah, some of those shows crossed my mind when I posted that(Funi licensed Index & Railgun?). I was just really didn't want to go into detail.

Last edited by tangytangerine on Sun May 22, 2011 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:04 am Reply with quote
MrHatandClogs wrote:
Ofc they were gonna license the FMA movie. But Mahou Shounen Zombie? LAME!!! Why would they waste their money on that pile of animated poo? Next.

Someone clearly doesn't know shit.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:23 am Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
My big question is just how the hell are they going to translate "Masou Shoujo"

Probably just as "Magical Girl".

"Gadgical Girl?"
opn

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
My big question is just how the hell are they going to translate "Masou Shoujo"

ya know i was wondering the exact same thing. i have a feeling that alot of the running gags in the show (like masou shojo and different sieyuu's of yuu may be lost) may be lost in the dub.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote
Once again, no news of a license of SRW OG: The Inspector. Come on, Bandai. Get off your rocker and license that crap already.

On topic, I'll be picking up the FMA movie if they retain the same cast as the series and it's decent. I own Conqurer of Shamballa and actually enjoyed it more than I did the original series. At first, I thought it was going to be a canon movie, a la a theaterical series finale.
'
Never heard of Zombie. Going by the posts in this thread, not good?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Once again, no news of a license of SRW OG: The Inspector. Come on, Bandai. Get off your rocker and license that crap already.

On topic, I'll be picking up the FMA movie if they retain the same cast as the series and it's decent. I own Conqurer of Shamballa and actually enjoyed it more than I did the original series. At first, I thought it was going to be a canon movie, a la a theaterical series finale.
'

Considering that every attempt to bring Super Robot Wars over here has bombed I wouldn't hold my breath on them licensing it.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:45 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:

It's fine; just know every big anime of the season gets it's share of haters. Watch it for yourself and decide.
Dagon123

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quote
wrote:
Seems like for every 1 decent show FUNi picks up, they license 3-4 ecchi shows.

Fixed that typo for ya bud

with a tagline like "boobies ftw" you can almost guarentee FUNimation will have there hands on it, especially if it in any way, shape, or form, looks or mimics Sekirei
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
tangytangerine wrote:

(Funi licensed Index & Railgun?)

Back in July at Anime Expo 2010.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pantsmca

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:
Considering Funi tends to stay away from the ecchi-type shows.

Which FUNI would that be? You're not talking about the one that licensed Sekirei, Vampire Bund, Index, Railgun, Freezing, two seasons of Heaven's Lost Property, Master of Martial Hearts, RIN, two seasons of Rosario + Vampire, and several others all in the last few years are you? Zombie is pretty mild compared to several of those. FUNi has a clean image because they do so many kid's shows, but they're from being strangers to a lot of skin and full nudity.

Emerje

Railgun, ecchi? Yeah.
But Index? Save for the one Misaka clone and an upskirt here and there, I wouldn't really classify it as a ecchi
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
pantsmca wrote:
Railgun, ecchi? Yeah.
But Index? Save for the one Misaka clone and an upskirt here and there, I wouldn't really classify it as a ecchi

There's the initial exploding of Index's "Walking Church" robes, the cosplay photobooth changing room incident, most of Last Order's early appearances, among several of Toma's other instances of "bad luck" that I'm probably forgetting. Season two is almost worse than season one and Railgun put together.

Emerje
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
pantsmca wrote:
Railgun, ecchi? Yeah.

There's the initial exploding of Index's "Walking Church" robes, the cosplay photobooth changing room incident, most of Last Order's early appearances, among several of Toma's other instances of "bad luck" that I'm probably forgetting. Season two is almost worse than season one and Railgun put together.

Emerje

You're listing minor incidents in two longer shows. They lack real nudity, and the focus is never on ecchi fanservice. They may be dumb shows, but they're absolutely not fanservice, as pertaining to showing off naked women, shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5