• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
vintage in people pages?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:02 am Reply with quote
okay...

so we currently have people like Nobuaki NAGANO who've been working in the anime industry for a while now...

Staff In:
Digimon: The Movie : Key Animation
Legend of Himiko (TV) : Key Animation Supervisor
Tenchi Muyo Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness : Character Design, Animation director
Those Who Hunt Elves (TV) : Production Design

Wouldn't it be neat if vintage could be added to the listing... something like this:

(1996) Those Who Hunt Elves (TV) : Production Design
(1997) Tenchi Muyo Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness : Character Design, Animation director
(1999) Legend of Himiko (TV) : Key Animation Supervisor
(2000) Digimon: The Movie : Key Animation

... just a random thought. Might be toggleable via preferences, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Case

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:23 am Reply with quote
That would be kind of neat. That would work nicely to show us where a particular industry person has been (artistically, or whatever) and perhaps give us an idea of where they are going as well.

I'm all for it. Smile
drakh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:19 am Reply with quote
You need to add some sort of year of release for the alternate language versions too, else you're going to end up with a very out of order listing for those who worked on the dubs/subs, especially older shows like Lupin or Mobile Suit Gundam.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:03 pm Reply with quote
drakh wrote:
You need to add some sort of year of release for the alternate language versions too, else you're going to end up with a very out of order listing for those who worked on the dubs/subs, especially older shows like Lupin or Mobile Suit Gundam.

Good point. Fortunately, for all shows that were recently imported to North America, we already have those dates care of the release list. The problme comes up when dealing with shows that are older and then were re-released on DVD recently.

For those a "US Vintage" would be necesary...
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Ask And Ye Shall Receive...

I figured this was a pretty useful feature to add, and it wasn't very complicated either, so I added an option in preferences:

Quote:
When displaying a person's details:
[X] For Japanese cast/staff, sort titles by year instead of alphabetically

This sort only applies to Japanese staff/cast because the original production year of the anime has little bearing on when it was dubbed in english and so is pretty much irrelevant for english staff/cast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1