• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Pokemon Season on Cartoon Network this Fall

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crh1985

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:04 pm Reply with quote
i have a small filling they where going to take it
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote
It's still going? I didn't realize there was another season. When will it end?????? Never!!!!

Oh well, so long as the kids like it. I wonder if I'll live to be a hundred and Pokemon will still be on?
TakinawaTonfa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Chrono2 wrote:
It's still going? I didn't realize there was another season. When will it end?????? Never!!!!

Hey, last I heard theres been more than 800 episodes aired in Japan, and its STILL going on.
hikaru393

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quote
theres only around 400 not 800 almost the same as detective conan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Oh well, so long as the kids like it. I wonder if I'll live to be a hundred and Pokemon will still be on?

Hey, they're talking about putting the ninth season on CN. In Japan, it's up to season ten (hence tenth movie, and tenth year anniversary).

So it's older than a large chunk of its audience O_O.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what VA's they will use?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
right now there recasting the VA that were used in the mirage pokemon special on wb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I was hopping for this... I've been a fan since I saw the specail prewview episode that they air beofreh te first episode... I'm glad it still beign aired...
Kouji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Power Rangers has been going on in Japan since the '70s. If they can keep Power Rangers going on for that long, then they can keep anything going on forever easily. Anyway, it's not surprising that Pokemon is moving to Cartoon Network but at the same time it'll be sad to see it leave the Kid's WB since it's been Pokemon's home for so many years now and it's depressing knowing that there's no longer going to be anymore anime airing on Kid's WB this fall. I hope they'll air reruns of the older classic episodes, too.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
Power Rangers has been going on in Japan since the '70s. If they can keep Power Rangers going on for that long, then they can keep anything going on forever easily.

This is a bit different. The series used in Power Rangers (from the very first) have been around since the early 90's, but Sentai as a Japan-specific genre/type-cast has been around since the 70's. Pokemon isn't in itself a genre and so the comparison can't be really accurate.
Nebs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:11 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't call Super Sentai a genre. It is a long-running TV series. Sure every year there's a different story with different characters, but it's still all the same world where past characters often meet up. In a way, Pokemon's the same thing. Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Battle Frontier....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
malikchan17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:32 am Reply with quote
Kouji wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Power Rangers has been going on in Japan since the '70s. If they can keep Power Rangers going on for that long, then they can keep anything going on forever easily. Anyway, it's not surprising that Pokemon is moving to Cartoon Network but at the same time it'll be sad to see it leave the Kid's WB since it's been Pokemon's home for so many years now and it's depressing knowing that there's no longer going to be anymore anime airing on Kid's WB this fall. I hope they'll air reruns of the older classic episodes, too.

Doraemon and Sazae-san have been going since like the 60's.

I'm not surprised about the move, seeing as WB does own CN and they never said they were going to give up the liscence for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jhuhn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quote
Let's hope YTV continues the commitment with Pokemon for Canadian viewers.
ShootYouStars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:32 am Reply with quote
That would explain the Pokemon Theme Park announcement... Neutral

I honestly think Pokemon is like Superman: Waaaaaaaaaay overdone...but each to their own, I guess...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote
All I'm waiting for is when it comes down to the ultimate battle. But if this is a new series then I guess we won't be seeing 'Ash/Satoshi', much more. Oh well.

Long live more interesting critters that derive further and further away from making any sense. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2