• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spider Riders on Kids WB

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R.G.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:47 am Reply with quote
Sounds intriguing but I'll reserve judgement until I see the show for myself.Still,it may be quite good,I guess.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote
It's already been airing in Canada on Teletoon (which at one time said it wasn't interested in anime). For the most part it's kiddie fare, but with some depth to the stories. It will take a few more episodes to tell for sure.
Chris316

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
Sounds intriguing but I'll reserve judgement until I see the show for myself.Still,it may be quite good,I guess.

Spider Riders, it's like a mix of Medabots and Digimon. I saw the 90 minutes special on Teletoon. It's very boring. I don't judge opinion of others. If you like it, good for you.
malikchan17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Whatever happened to "we're getting rid of all our anime to focus on WB made cartoons"?

I somehow trust Funimation more with this than Geneon with Viewtiful Joe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:38 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know, the WB (later to be he CW) is still doing that this fall. For this reason, the show's U.S. broadcast could be for a limited time only.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:21 am Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
It's already been airing in Canada on Teletoon (which at one time said it wasn't interested in anime). For the most part it's kiddie fare, but with some depth to the stories. It will take a few more episodes to tell for sure.

Ya but it isn't Anime persay.It's animated by BeeTrain but that's about it.Other then that it's CanCon,it can be classified Anime but it isn't really Anime.
Anime Toy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I saw in advertised on WB last week. I might give it a look.Could be interesting.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quote
the only real reason I would even think of checking it out is...uh.. Bee Train
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
writerpatrick wrote:

Ya but it isn't Anime persay.It's animated by BeeTrain but that's about it.Other then that it's CanCon,it can be classified Anime but it isn't really Anime.

Actually... It's pretty much anime all around. Beetrain pretty much did evrything from writing, to storyboarding, and what not if my memory recalls correctly. If this was the case, then Oban - Star Racers would've been classified in the regular Anime area, rather then "Not anime but related".

The only thing Cookie Jar did with co-fund it, and that's it.
fxg97873

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:25 am Reply with quote
Chris316 wrote:
R.G. wrote:

Spider Riders, it's like a mix of Medabots and Digimon. I saw the 90 minutes special on Teletoon. It's very boring. I don't judge opinion of others. If you like it, good for you.

Boring, eh? Definitely sounds like Bee Train (although I did love their work on .hack//SIGN!)

mk2000
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:59 am Reply with quote
Yep, it's anime. Been airing in Japan for a while now, and the production staff is mostly Japanese. It seems to have been produced with the intention of attracting American liscensers, though.

Plot's pretty standard. A kid gets transported to another world where it turns out that (surprise!) he's the hero they've all been waiting for who's destined to save everyone from evil. He joins a team of warriors who ride big armored spiders and can henshin into magical armor that gives them special powers, and together they fight against a tribe of insect-themed villains (many of whom are based on insects that spiders routinley eat in real life. Maybe the bad guys should've thought of that?)

It's got a pretty catchy theme song, though.
IslandOfSodor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote
TheHTRO wrote:
As far as I know, the WB (later to be he CW) is still doing that this fall. For this reason, the show's U.S. broadcast could be for a limited time only.

KidsWb will only get the first half of the season in until all the new shows come in.
Buuhan1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote
Just watched the two episodes on Kids WB. Seeing how its a children anime safe to say it wasn't really edited. Ultimately it was very boring. I wont watch anymore.
Kuririn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote
i thought it was good. i will keep watching it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1