• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Delayed Hellsing Ultimate VIII Adds Petit Anime Extra

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:35 am Reply with quote
Can't wait, too bad it got delayed again.. Awesome that they're throwing in some extras though, but the episode in itself will probably be more than enough.

spoiler[ALUCARD RETURNS!!!!!]
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quote
the one ova a year thing is retarded. how is anyone supposed to remember what happened in previous episodes. might as well wait til it's done.
John Casey

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:20 am Reply with quote
What is Funi gonna add for our...what was it, a five year delay?
The American Average

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
What is Funi gonna add for our...what was it, a five year delay?

I know right Sad but maybe they'll announce something because of this
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
Funimation might as well just wait to release this one at the same time as well. In fact, by the time they release it, or even plan a release date, all of them will probably be done... They better have more than a petit extra, it better be actual good extras when it comes out.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm still holding out hope for Season 2 (Episodes 5-7) to be released sometime in the Halloween season as a package deal. FUNimation's current modus operandi is to release DVDs in sets of episodes of 13 or so, with about a $40 price tag, and although the Hellsing Ultimate Season 2 is more like 6 regular-length episodes, I think we can expect a similar pricing scheme.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I still have to buy volumes 3 and 4. Still hoping to see the other ones this year. Won't hold my breath though.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Last year they said they were gonna release ep 5-7 sometime in 2011 along with Darker Than Black 2 and some other series. But I agree, don't hold your breath. I was hoping for a May-July release but obv not. At least there will be more Shin Chan Very Happy
The Xenos

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see they're moving along in Japan. Now if only Funimation would release volumes five and up!

Heck, I'm not holding my breath, but I'd love to get the limited edition of number five with the figure of The Major like was released in Japan. Though with all this delay I doubt we're gonna get the special figure with it like the Alucard and Anderson ones that came with prior DVDs on volumes one and three. Hell, we'll be lucky if we even get them steel cased special editions at all.

Never mind the anime Blu Ray market is going now and I'd have to rebuy the DVDs in Blu Ray if they re-release them.

maxxjulie wrote:
the one ova a year thing is retarded. how is anyone supposed to remember what happened in previous episodes. might as well wait til it's done.
Or, if you're that interested n what happens in the series, you could, heaven forbid, actually pick up the manga which is completely released in English.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Between the very, very slow release schedule in Japan an not hearing a peep about Hellsing from Funimation since AX 2010, Hellsing has been so frustrating. Good thing these OVAs are so awesome.
jsc315

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote
I'm just surprised this series has not been axed yet. It's extremely rare these days that a project that lasts this long and has put out very little content still able to to continue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:08 am Reply with quote
So after Volume 8 there'll be two more and making it a total of a 10 volume OAV if I did my math correct? Cause judging from how much this has covered the manga, they're almost done. I know this OAV series has been in production for a while, but it would be a real shame if they didn't conclude it when the manga had a better ending than the TV series did.

Overall, I'll be looking forward to the last 3 Hellsing OAVs, and the US releases of Volumes 5-7.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one that have the first OVA's sitting collecting dust waiting for this thing to complete?

I am bad with long delays and I already have enough angst with Evangelion movies, I don't need another never ending "thing" on my radar.
Ryrynz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
Your neverending "thing" will finally be out on the 24th of Oct. Hurrah! It only took almost 8 years. Gonna be funny to watch all 10 in a row knowing how long people have been waiting from release to release.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:50 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty much just going to wait for a stripped down collection of all of them before I purchase this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1