• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2013-09-18

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious... is that a White Mokona or Black Mokona plush on his bed? Or is it Original Mokona?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Every day of my life.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
phifedawg wrote:
Thanks for reminding me I'm moving in a month Crying or Very sad
can't be bothered doing the ebay thing, will probably end up giving some stuff away.

But you're in A Tribe Called Quest, Phife Dawg! You should have some people to help you move stuff!
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:40 am Reply with quote
Oooo, this is gonna hit home with a lot of people, as the previous posts have demonstrated. Personally, I have many figures in their original boxes stacked against a wall in my living room, and even more in the bedroom. All of them are just patiently waiting for me to install the display cases that they will eventually call home. At least I'm making some progress. I also had many boxes holding my BD/DVD collection stacked sitting in my dining and living rooms. FINALLY cleaned up my spare bedroom, set up some bookcases, and organised the BDs/DVDs so that I can now find what the heck I'm looking for. Felt so good getting the space back. Really looking forward to when I get the rest of my living space back. Very Happy
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:02 am Reply with quote
Key

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:58 am Reply with quote
Fortunately I've only had to move once since accumulating a fair-size collection of anime, and my heaviest period of collecting stuff has been since that last move (in 2005). I have almost nothing for anime-related paraphernalia beyond wall scrolls and a couple of plushies, though, so for me it's just the DVDs/Blu-Rays and manga. Thus I probably don't have it as bad as a lot of fans on this front.

I've had to control myself very tightly on anime-related impulse buys the last few years because of a restrictive budget. Will be interesting to see if I can maintain that now that I have a better job or if I'll turn into Kevin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
El-ahrairah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
GiriOni wrote:
I can sympathize... I have $1000+ dollars of Bionicles that are sitting around my room taking up space and dust.

Wow, another BIONICLE fan... I've never met one in the anime fandom before. Smile (I Myself am down to two boxes of assorted parts.)

My anime collection isn't actually all that big, mostly because I don't have any money. Crying or Very sad
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Shocked This. This is me.
Just when I think to myself, "Okay, okay, I can't spend anymore money on figures!!!"
The next week I'm on eBay going "Hey, that's actually a pretty good deal." and bidding on something. Embarassed
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I want to watch Kurobi-Chan no Dinosaur now.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote
This is why I don't like over stocked collector's editions. I want the best version of something that is released but when it comes packed in with too much stuff it makes me reconsider buying it... then I don't buy it and feel like I'm really missing out on something.

But then the times I do buy it I say to myself "wtf am I supposed to do with this?"

:\
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Fortunately I've only had to move once since accumulating a fair-size collection of anime, and my heaviest period of collecting stuff has been since that last move (in 2005). I have almost nothing for anime-related paraphernalia beyond wall scrolls and a couple of plushies, though, so for me it's just the DVDs/Blu-Rays and manga. Thus I probably don't have it as bad as a lot of fans on this front.

I've had to control myself very tightly on anime-related impulse buys the last few years because of a restrictive budget. Will be interesting to see if I can maintain that now that I have a better job or if I'll turn into Kevin.

My collection resembles yours. Couple wall scrolls, plushies and A LOT of manga and anime.

I'm crazy organized though (almost to the OCD level) even my drawers are very well sorted and I always grumble to myself: 'sterotyping,' when I see this kinda joke then I remeber every other of my Otaku friends have this problem.....
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
El-ahrairah wrote:

Wow, another BIONICLE fan... I've never met one in the anime fandom before. Smile (I Myself am down to two boxes of assorted parts.)

Count me in as another Bionicle collector. although unfortunately most of my older ones are in the garage and only the newest ones(as in last ones released) are in my room.
Key wrote:
I have almost nothing for anime-related paraphernalia beyond wall scrolls and a couple of plushies, though, so for me it's just the DVDs/Blu-Rays and manga.
Same with me, aside from some gundams, a rei figure and a couple assorted figures i have mostly videos, manga and posters/wallscrolls. My anime collection isnt huge (it is only recently starting to overflow my single shelf) but all the other stuff i own will make moving a nightmare.
N.R.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:05 am Reply with quote
I'm moving out of my parent's house in a month. Luckily this means I can pretty much leave my room "as is" and start filling my new apartment with new goodies Laughing
PmChivas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:58 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
I have accumulated a pretty large anime and manga collection through my impulsive buying, and a good majority of it is basically my backlog...

But I know where my passport is.

For minute there I didn't realize I had already posted, then I looked at the name and it wasn't me. Anime smile + sweatdrop

There is someone else out that has my buying habits and backlog, too. I don't know whether to be happy or commiserate with you.

And I kinda know where my passport is unless it moved itself when I wasn't looking, which has been known to happen with other things. Wink
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
El-ahrairah wrote:
GiriOni wrote:
I can sympathize... I have $1000+ dollars of Bionicles that are sitting around my room taking up space and dust.

My anime collection isn't actually all that big, mostly because I don't have any money. Crying or Very sad

Glad to see I'm not the only Bionicle fan on here!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3