• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where do the Inuyasha movies fit into the series?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:06 am Reply with quote
I looked in the Encyclopedia and unless I missed it, which is entirely possible Rolling Eyes , where do the four Inuyasha Movies fit into the series. Example: Is Movie One during Season Two? Movie Two during season Four? That sort of question.

I ran a search with: Inuyasha, movie, series and came up with over 7,600 matches and wasn't really sure how to narrow down to see if someone else has asked this question before.

Thanks for the help!
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:16 am Reply with quote
I have been wondering myself and all I know is this, and I'm not sure of the exact period of the second:

1st movie= Fits sometime after InuYasha defeats Ryoukutsei and learns the Backlash Wave (like 4-8 eps. after).

2nd movie= Fits somewhere in the middle of Naraku's disappearance; after he was attacked and kiled by InuYasha and Sesshomaru but before the introduction of the Band of Seven.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:23 am Reply with quote
They don't seem to at all really. I just take them as independant stories.
inuyasha342

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:29 am Reply with quote
do any of u know when the 4th inuyasha movie comes out? thats kinda an off question but i'm just wandern.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote
Inuyasha The Movie: Fire on the Mystic Island (Inuyasha: Crimson Horai Island) will be out on DVD in the US on August 1st. Suprised FUNimation isn't releasing it as a FUNi movie.

And I believe a makeshift order was put in for the movies according to timeline.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:18 am Reply with quote
Well VIZ actually own the rights to anything Inu Yasha but as I recall they did release at least one of the Inu films theatrically. Of course it never even came to the great state of Minnesota so I couldn't confirm. I had to see them on DVD when they came out.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:06 am Reply with quote
Thanks guys! Appreciate it! Very Happy
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:20 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Well VIZ actually own the rights to anything Inu Yasha but as I recall they did release at least one of the Inu films theatrically. Of course it never even came to the great state of Minnesota so I couldn't confirm. I had to see them on DVD when they came out.

I posted this in another thread but it looks like the first movie might have shown in Minnesota.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:25 am Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
...it looks like the first movie might have shown in Minnesota.

Minnesota? MINNESOTA?!?! Shocked Confused

How the heck did that state get so lucky?

What's next? The first showings of the Bleach Movie (anime#6600 in Rhode Island and the Naruto Movie (anime#3381) in Wyoming?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
Think of them as filler movies, or in other words, they are not canon, though people from the past may come up in the movies. It's the same kind of thing with all anime series that have movies put out. The movies have nothing to do with canon.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Think of them as filler movies, or in other words, they are not canon, though people from the past may come up in the movies. It's the same kind of thing with all anime series that have movies put out. The movies have nothing to do with canon.

Thanks! I guess I just continue what I was doing and just watch them after I've watched the series.

What I do like to do is watch the movies as close to where they belong in the series. I'm able to do that with the Sailor Moon Movies at least.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
For me I can never tell what timeline the movies fit into the series, which is probably one reason why I don't bother to watch them. They've got good plots to them though, so they're not total losers.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I think it closest you'll get is just that 'this movie had to be after this episode' simply due to Inuyasha's Tetsusaiga attacks, possible repeating past characters, and certain major events.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I always thought that the Inuyasha movies were like the DBZ movies. They had some place in the timeline of the series, but it was hard to tell, and that they had no real effect on the storyline itsself.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:53 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

I posted this in another thread but it looks like the first movie might have shown in Minnesota.

Well the only theater I know of in Mineapolis is the one I usually go to for the odd anime movie, This one, but they never got it, so no dice. Even if they did I'd still have to drive two and half hours to get there which is a pain in the butt and not really worth the money I'd have to spend on gas to get there, and tickets, and the snacks. Sad

I was able to see Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, Steamboy, Ghost in the Shell 2, and Howl's Moving Castle there though.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2