• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Naruto DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royal Devil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quote
Yeah I just saw someone on a Bleach forum use "art is free" as an excuse not to buy "Viz's ripoff", the Uncut bilingual first DVD for $25, even though I showed them places they can shave the price off with.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:02 am Reply with quote
Royal Devil wrote:
Yeah I just saw someone on a Bleach forum use "art is free" as an excuse not to buy "Viz's ripoff", the Uncut bilingual first DVD for $25, even though I showed them places they can shave the price off with.

See, the thing is, that guy is worried about the "high" price, he just doesn't want to buy the DVD because he thinks 4Kids dubs everything and doesn't want to support the dub industry, all the while conveniently forgetting the fact that he's supporting his hobby and can always watch the Japanese track with subtitles.

Either that, or he thinks he DESERVES anime and shouldn't have to buy it because he a self-obsessed jerk who want everything his way (probably an anime club president with no other interests who watches badly-translated fansubs of licensed series and boycotts the R1 industry because he's an idiot who wants everything his way).
SKull_LEader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:03 am Reply with quote
I seen this at Best Buy on Clearance for $19.99. I should have got it.
CGord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quote
The only ones worth buying IMO are the uncut season box sets. Naruto isn't Naruto without the original op/ed themes, "dattebayo!", & nosebleeds from Sexy no Justsu.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
Royal Devil wrote:

See, the thing is, that guy is worried about the "high" price, he just doesn't want to buy the DVD because he thinks 4Kids dubs everything and doesn't want to support the dub industry, all the while conveniently forgetting the fact that he's supporting his hobby and can always watch the Japanese track with subtitles.

Either that, or he thinks he DESERVES anime and shouldn't have to buy it because he a self-obsessed jerk who want everything his way (probably an anime club president with no other interests who watches badly-translated fansubs of licensed series and boycotts the R1 industry because he's an idiot who wants everything his way).

No kidding.it's dub haters like him and those fansubbers that'll cause the end of the industry just like with geneon.this series could've easily went to 4kids but thank god viz media got it and they did great with the series so far,and with an UNCUT box set means that both the hardcore fans and the younger ones,including their parents have a win-win situation. My advice,ignore that lamo to this fansubs,cause eventually they will go belly hop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5