• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Transformers Trailer Online

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon5768

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote
The sky on mars IS blue. A lot of the older pictures of the mars sky where not color corrected properly.

Any recent pics will show you that Mars has a blue sky with a very very slight purpleish tint thanks to the red dust particles in the atmosphere.

your right though that beagle 2 didn't have a rover (it used a robotic arm instead) and that it was british and not American. But the voice would have been Russian if they where accurate, the Russians where the ones whos facilities where used to launch the proble, the British didn't use the European Space Agency.

What I think they ment to use was the Mars Polar Lander, which is a JPL space probe by NASA, but again not a rover.[/quote]
exoscoles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or is Michael Bay changing the home planet of the Transformers to Mars?

Say it isn't true....they are NOT from Mars,they have their own planet from their own solar system.

if Superman can have one,why can't they?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quote
exoscoles wrote:
Is it just me or is Michael Bay changing the home planet of the Transformers to Mars?

Say it isn't true....they are NOT from Mars,they have their own planet from their own solar system.

Just because they were discovered on Mars doesn't mean for sure that they're from Mars. The only way to tell is if someone leaks that for sure or you watch the movie.
And I was kinda expecting more from the trailer myself, but it's still a year away, so I guess there's not much we can do about that.
tekwych

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
The Teaser simply suggests that there was a Transformer presence on Mars in 2003. This could have been a scout team recon who knows. I would suggest that what was seen was a Decepticon since it destroyed the rover.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
And I was kinda expecting more from the trailer myself, but it's still a year away, so I guess there's not much we can do about that.

Well according to Primus post it was intended as an announcement, not as a trailer, and not as a teaser. And nothing you saw is in the movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Well according to Primus post it was intended as an announcement, not as a trailer, and not as a teaser. And nothing you saw is in the movie.

I didn't read his post, but that is a relief. So we can expect a lot more from this movie.
VOX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
exoscoles wrote:

It's already been confirmed in interviews with Michael Bay that the home planet IS Cybertron and that we'll get to see it.

I've seen a lot of anger towards this movie on other forums (not on this site) and I just don't understand. Most of it has been directed at the fact that Michael Bay is directing it but if there's one good thing that Bay does do, it's direct interesting and stylistic action scenes. And what more do you want from a movie about giant transforming robots fighting each other?
jdb728

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I hope the Transformers movie will be good. I didn't really like what I saw in the "announcement", I was actually expecting a bit more. I suppose if it wasn't movie footage, there's still plenty of hope for it though.

In regards to the Evangelion movie, yeah, it won't be anywhere near as big as the Transformers movie(in terms of box office sales). As stated by Tenchi "if it ever is made", it won't dominate. I do think that with the right marketing, it might have a shot at taking top honors for its first week or two(providing there isn't another huge blockbuster coming out then, ie Spiderman 4), but a lot less people know of(and appreciate) Evangelion than Transformers. So many Americans grew up with Transformers, but sadly, the same is obviously not true Eva.

Thanks. Cool
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:25 pm Reply with quote
jdb728 wrote:
In regards to the Evangelion movie, yeah, it won't be anywhere near as big as the Transformers movie(in terms of box office sales). As stated by Tenchi "if it ever is made", it won't dominate. I do think that with the right marketing, it might have a shot at taking top honors for its first week or two(providing there isn't another huge blockbuster coming out then, ie Spiderman 4), but a lot less people know of(and appreciate) Evangelion than Transformers. So many Americans grew up with Transformers, but sadly, the same is obviously not true Eva.

I think who they choose to play Rei, Asuka, and Misato will also have a lot to do with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Riyousha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Here is the words from Don Murphy that this shouldn't be feared:

Quote:
Okay just ducked into the trailer here after letting Michael know that the teaser site is crashing every few minutes because of the insanely heavy traffic. He was pleased and commented that it is NOT a trailer. Or even really a teaser. He called it an "announcement" and I guess it is. I mean there's no footage from the film in there. We are on Day 29 of 81. Still so much to do. So let's call it an announcement because he's the director.

Anyway here's the day-

1- Some lowlife scum illegally posted the "announcement" on YOUTUBE this morning. ( I wonder he he was from Wales?)
2- We got it down within a few hours.
3- Dreamworks decided, screw it, it's ready, you want it that bad you might as well have a great copy of it. So the site went live a few days early.
4- Site started getting 100,000 hits an hour. Insane. Site not ready for that. Downloading very slow.
5- You guys reported in your feelings.

So that's the story gang.

Otherwise, take it easy.

I liked it.Though that insanely amount of hits are scary.So Scary that Michael Bay's Site aparently had over 600,000 Hits for the Transformers Movie Annocuement.

Also I'm a TransFan and I ain't mad yet.Though I'd get mad if Dream Works/Paramount don't allow David Kaye,Gary Chalk,Neil Kaplan,and Riordan(Sp?) to apply for the role of Prime and Megatron.

Wait, since when were we allowed to say "youtube" again? I thought tempest forbidded that website from being mentioned on ANN because of pirated videos that it contains.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote
The authorities have cracked down on youtube, so it's not that big a problem anymore, hence the unbanning.
Earl_of_Poison

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I think the footage they showed at San Diego Comic Con last year was much more interesting than this new "annoucement." It contained interviews with Bay, Spielberg, and transformers fans along with with CG test shots (which we were pretty funny, actually.) and a few other things I believe. (my memory's a bit fuzzy, seeing as this was last july, but if anybody else was there at the movie preview panel please feel free to correct me.)

I think it'd be really nice if they put it up on the site, but I doubt that's going to happen. So I guess we're stuck with this for now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
jdb728

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

I think who they choose to play Rei, Asuka, and Misato will also have a lot to do with it.

That's very true. I had seen a couple of the Eva poduction art pieces a while ago. I just went to the WETA website and looked at the prod. art for the mentioned characters, all I can say is that I sincerely hope the actress' they get for the roles of Rei and Asuka don't look like those drawings(for one, the suits are filled out too much), and i also hope they don't go with that ugly uniform for Misato.

I can't speak for anyone else of course, but I know I plan on seeing both of these when they come out(if/when the Eva comes out).

Thanks. Cool
exoscoles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
VOX wrote:
exoscoles wrote:

It's already been confirmed in interviews with Michael Bay that the home planet IS Cybertron and that we'll get to see it.

I've seen a lot of anger towards this movie on other forums (not on this site) and I just don't understand. Most of it has been directed at the fact that Michael Bay is directing it but if there's one good thing that Bay does do, it's direct interesting and stylistic action scenes. And what more do you want from a movie about giant transforming robots fighting each other?

Thank god,i can go back to normal breahthing now

I personally have nothing against Michael Bay,his directing,dreamworks or the movie itself so far,
Just be true to the source.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
[Now removed to avoid risking a ban - edited by the reply's own creator]

exoscoles wrote:

QFT.

The transformers are from Cybertron not Mars. I bet DreamWorks is ruining Transformers big time. Shocked

Here's a picture of the transformers' home planet. And it's not mars.

Last edited by Riyousha on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4