• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Transformers Trailer Online

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:24 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
Now I hate Micheal Bay for ruining Transformers just like I hate Uwe Boll for ruining video-games by turning them into horrible movies! Shocked

exoscoles wrote:
Is it just me or is Michael Bay changing the home planet of the Transformers to Mars?

Say it isn't true....they are NOT from Mars,they have their own planet from their own solar system.

if Superman can have one,why can't they?

QFT.

The transformers are from Cybertron not Mars. I bet DreamWorks is raping Transformers big time. Shocked

Here's a picture of the transformers' home planet. And it's not mars.

Did you even read the previous posts?
exoscoles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:43 am Reply with quote
You can Calm Down Riyou,
I believe Shockwave is in good hands.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:57 am Reply with quote
OMG! Bay is totally going to ruin an 80's cartoon that most people like for the sake of nostalgia by putting lots of special effects in it! And explosions!
Come on folks, who the hell do you want to direct this? Ingmar Bergman? Bay certianly isn't a great director, but he's made a few decent action flicks.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:34 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
Now I hate Micheal Bay for ruining Transformers just like I hate Uwe Boll for ruining video-games by turning them into horrible movies! Shocked

Thanks, mister time traveller. How is the movie? How are the other adaptations Michael Bay has done, the whole uhh.. none of them?

Stop being such a knee-jerking retard. You haven't seen the movie, you've seen a teaser roughly one year before it hits the cinema.

exoscoles wrote:

QFT.

The transformers are from Cybertron not Mars. I bet DreamWorks is raping Transformers big time. Shocked

TEASER. TRAILER. NOT AN INDICATION OF PLOT POINTS IN ACTUAL MOVIE. USE LOGIC PLEASE.

Besides, if you've been following what Murphy has been saying, it has been confirmed that they come from Cybertron. Maybe there's a good reason they're on Mars and aren't "RUH RAPING THE INTEGRUITY REYRUWBVYBVIUEV!!!"

Please put your bib on before posting!
hrtrunks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
hrtrunks wrote:
UltimaShadowfax wrote:
Yeah, I have a feeling fans will be mad for some reason.
Fans, what fans? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Transformers fans.
Didn't you get the irony in my question?
Isaaru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quote
Slighlty off topic here... But Uwe Boll "ruined" video game properties that are not exactly best sellers or well known:

Bloodrayne
Alone in the Dark
House of the Dead
and Postal, up and coming.

There not exactly a-list properties so why do people obsess over Boll?

ANyway, I dont care about Cybertron being Mars anymore than those organic web shooters. As long as we got giant robots trying to kill each other, than I will enjoy it all. Besides, this cant possibly touch Transformers the Movie in greatness.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
[stupidity incarnate]

Riyousha, I've had it with your childishness. Post in this thread again and you're banned.

There is no typing in gigantic font allowed, there is no screaming and trolling like an idiot, and I've warned you already about using the word "rape" to describe how someone treats a cartoon.

There's more than enough material here, and in your past transgressions, to have you banned for good. But because I'm being way nicer than I ought to be, I'm giving you a chance to clean up your act. Take it.

P.S. - It's been directly said several times that Cybertron would be in the movie. The Transformers aren't originating on Mars. Try doing a bit of research before you just start randomly bitching about things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Riyousha wrote:
[stupidity incarnate]

Riyousha, I've had it with your childishness. Post in this thread again and you're banned.

There is no typing in gigantic font allowed, there is no screaming and trolling like an idiot, and I've warned you already about using the word "rape" to describe how someone treats a cartoon.

There's more than enough material here, and in your past transgressions, to have you banned for good. But because I'm being way nicer than I ought to be, I'm giving you a chance to clean up your act. Take it.

P.S. - It's been directly said several times that Cybertron would be in the movie. The Transformers aren't originating on Mars. Try doing a bit of research before you just start randomly bitching about things.

OK. I promise I'll clean up my craziness. I just can't help myself. I like Transformers, ok. And I don't want the Transformers movie to be ruined. And I now changed "rape" to "ruin" to avoid risking a ban. I remember that there was a live-action Mario movie and it was horrible. Reason: it wasn't the same as the Mario games. So I'll try to calm down and not let anything people do to our beloved shows get to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dokool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
I remember that there was a live-action Mario movie and it was horrible. Reason: it wasn't the same as the Mario games. So I'll try to calm down and not let anything people do to our beloved shows get to me.

Do you realize how boring the Mario movie would have been if it was a 1:1 translation? Personally I applaud the production team for trying something different and consider SMB to be one of my favorite childhood movies.

Furthermore, that's one example - Uwe Boll aside, videogame movies are getting better (Silent Hill, for example, was amazing). Your fanboying only gets worse when you fanboy at the expense of ACTUAL FACTS.

Besides, it's a year till release, and it's Hollywood. They can change just about anything between now and then. Maybe Brett Ratner will take over in post-production and add a prostitute transformer Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
Reason: it wasn't the same as the Mario games.

No, it sucked because Mario is an arkward, vague thing to adapt. And it sucked because it was an awful movie, Mario or not.

I mean, in regards to Transformers, it's not like the Cartoon was the only canonical basis for it. There were comics and what not. Just because the most recent XMen Films aren't like the 1992 cartoon, doesn't mean they were bad at all.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:44 pm Reply with quote
If you read the credits to the movie, it says that it is based on Hasbro's toy line, not the cartoon series or anything else.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:32 am Reply with quote
I probably know more about Transformers canon than some people here, and I will say this film will most likely suck. Some things are not meant to be in live-action, talking robots who change shape into cars and other things is not one of them. And even if it is possible to make a good live-action film, the chances of it actually being good are incredibly slim anyways. May as well try to make a live-action version of the Smurfs. I'm sure that will be the next thing hollywood will try to do.

I wll probalby see this film out of curiosity, but I'm not expecting anything above the quality of adforementioned Super Mario Bros. movie.
Chibi-Hikaru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
The problem with the Transformers movie is that those of us who grew up on TF already have a set of mythos in our head as to who the characters are, how they act, why they act that way and the like. The movie will certainly not fit 100% of those preconceptions and so will not feel "right" to us. It's like these recent Japan created "anime" series (Armada, Energon, Cybertron). I can't even look at the damn things cause they're not "MY" Transformers. I'm not even going to waste my time with the TF movie because of this.

This does not mean that a live-action TF movie has to be a disappointment. If it were based directly on our familiar universe and was written in a similiar style we would probably be fairly pleased with it. But as we all know, that won't happen. It's not their stated goal.

For those that are getting all worked up over this movie, keep in mind. It's just a movie. It doesn't change those toys and cartoons you enjoyed as a kid, they're still there. They won't suddenly magically disappear from the universe just because this movie is made and you don't like it.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
OMG! Bay is totally going to ruin an 80's cartoon that most people like for the sake of nostalgia by putting lots of special effects in it! And explosions!
Come on folks, who the hell do you want to direct this? Ingmar Bergman? Bay certianly isn't a great director, but he's made a few decent action flicks.

All I have to say is that I think you're being sarcastic.Because Transformers aren't just a Cartoon from 1984.It's a franchise that has been around since 1984 and each year their has been a new Toyline and usually a new Cartoon. The Series has had over a dozen series throughout it's 22 year life.

Also this year Sony is re-releasing the Animated Transformers Movie for it's 20th Anniversary.
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm also a big Transformers fan who knows there ain't no subtitute for the original series, with its imperfect 80s animation, transforming sound effects and all.

I too have the same fears that Michael Bays film will be a mess up, but I believe in giving the guy a chance to finish the film and then we'll see it and give our honest opinion. We all know you couldn't tell the entire story in one flick anyway.

What a lot of you guys are missing is that Hollywood is going through a transitional period with CG, because up til very recently CG and live action have hardly mixed in the way that Who Framed Roger Rabbit done in the past.

I feel Transformers will prove interesting to see how large and small CG characters will mix with live action actors, when the have to whatever is necessary. Another thing that plays into Bay's hand is that early Autobots and Decepticons were mostly cars and planes. These will easier to do with CG, but the true test will be giving each Transformer their unique character.

Give Spielberg and Bay a chance, I bet it'll be cool.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4