• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Announces Hellsing Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote
so how is this gonna work? i mean there's only like one episode even out right now.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhh, it's official! I am SO buying this! Cool

Does this mean that Crispan Freeman will return his role of Alucard?
Storm Princess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
so how is this gonna work? i mean there's only like one episode even out right now.

The next one's due out next month (if it wasn't changed again). Not to mention according to an old anime insider artical, they said that the first episode would be out in the US sometime in October/November. So they picked the right time to announce the dub.
RedComet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote
It's going to be released on December 5th.
Sempai-san

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Well, I hope. I think he was a great VA for the part, many would disagree. But I do hope.

RedComet wrote:
It's going to be released on December 5th.

Really? I haven't seen anything over at FYE for it, but then again... it's FYE, not your run-of-the-mill anime store. But atleast there is a data ^^ Anime catgrin
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:05 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Doesn't it say in the release that all the same cast is going to be coming back for their roles. At least that what I thought it said....
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Storm Princess wrote:
v1cious wrote:

The next one's due out next month (if it wasn't changed again). Not to mention according to an old anime insider artical, they said that the first episode would be out in the US sometime in October/November. So they picked the right time to announce the dub.

Does that mean they will sell it an episode at a time? How many episodes are planned?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Doesn't it say in the release that all the same cast is going to be coming back for their roles. At least that what I thought it said....

I thought it would be tough to get him back since I heard he only does union dubs, and New Generation Pictures mostly does non-union which might cause conflicts with his contract. I heard it's something along those lines because there's a reason he doesn't do dubs for NGP lately.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Storm Princess wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Does that mean they will sell it an episode at a time? How many episodes are planned?

they're doing like 2 per manga volume from what i've heard, but that might change.
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quote
Oh yes!! Thank you, Geneon! I'll buy this now even if it's $50 a disc! (don't take that literally...)
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:24 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
they're doing like 2 per manga volume from what i've heard, but that might change.

It's much more than only two manga per volume. I'd say...at least three or four. spoiler[At the conclusion of OVA 1, you see the Nazi's start to show up and what's-her-name with the shotgun is prominently featured, the entire Valentine brothers' arc is completely skipped over.] I must say this kind of shocked me, but perhaps that's just because I'm used to the slow pace of the anime series (not to mention the screwed-up storyline.) Things seem to move awfully fast in the OVAs and not everything in the manga is included. It's kind of the reverse of what they did with the anime series, actually, taking away rather than adding. Or perhaps they're just going for the tightest possible focus on the spoiler[Nazi] storyline as possible.

p.s. My first view of the OVA left a very bad taste in my mouth - I was still high on the music and mood of the anime series. My second view of the OVA left a much, much better impression because I'd gotten over the shock of how different it was and had recently reread the manga. Give it more than one shot, is all I'm suggesting.

Why spoiler tags? spoiler[Because someone was bound to complain if I didn't! Very Happy]
Beni_Hime

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the entire Valentine brothers' arc is completely skipped over I must say this kind of shocked me

No need to be shocked! While the new Hellsing series does move at a frightening pace, The Valentine Brothers will not be skipped over! The website for the OVA recently had a short teaser showing the valentine brothers in action, (unfortunately, it's not up anymore) however, If you do take a peek at the site, you'll see that they are now offering an alternate cover for the second volume.. guess who it is? The Valentine Brothers! So, relax...the fearsome two are still with us! And I look forward to seeing them again! Smile

[/quote]
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:53 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first ep about a week ago subbed, enjoyed it as much as I had enjoyed the series itself. Can't wait for the dub! Mr. Freeman was GREAT as Alucard, to me in fact he sounded just like his japanese counterpart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:08 am Reply with quote
Crispan Freeman reprising his role as Alucard?? Can I get a "Heck, yeah!!!!" Now, this is the kind of news that we like to hear.
Demon_Rin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
The first episode of the OVA was an exact (almost) retelling of the First Manga Volume. they Threw in a Quick mention to the Major and Girlycard (from the Dawn) shows up After the Credits.
I cant wait till OVA II! it comes out in Japan on the 25th
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1