• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gravitation EX Boys-Love Manga Returns After 2+ Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmaaraJade

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
i am SOOOO excited to hear this!! been waiting forever hoping this would finish!! not only would i like to see an actual finish to Gravitation EX, but also Gamerz Heaven and Kanpai!! Murakami-sama, make our dreams come true!! feed the need for pretty boys on pretty boys around other pretty boys with all their homoerotic beauty...*drools*....oh excuse me :p

but even besides that, who will pick it up to publish now in the states?? Tokyopop what hast thou done to us?? leaving us all alone without the warmth of your manga releases?? i hope SOMEONE picks this up!! because i for one, unfortunately, can't read japanese...

CALLING ALL U.S. MANGA PUBLISHERS!!!! this is an opportunity of a lifetime!! whosoever picks up this series to finish releasing will have a nice number of squealing little fangirls LOVING them. do you want squealing fangirls?? of course you do...we all do...we just don't all admit it :p

Murakami-sama you are my hero and goddess!! i'll just take this here...*grabs Yuki-kun and runs* :p
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
More importantly, I'm wondering what the hell the hold-up is on Descendants of Darkness 12. Can someone please ask Viz about it?

Ummm... I couldn't tell if you were joking or not, so I will go ahead and answer that. There are only 11 volumes of Desendants of Darkness. It has been on hiatus since 2002. Yoko Matsushita has written a few side stories with some of the supporting characters, but so far there has been no continuation of the manga.

Yeah, it sucks. DoD is one of my favorite anime and manga series and I would have loved to see where it went. But after 9 years, I'm not holding out much hope.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Amaara: Those RPG cash-ins are actually good? They seemed generic to me.

cody: A new volume got published a year ago in Japan.
AmaaraJade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quote
i've been a big fan of Murakami since i first read Gravitation...so of course i was open to anything else she would put out...to be completely honest one of the biggest thing that makes me want more is her outrageous sense of humor...her books can always get me laughing...in a different way than other things i've seen/read...and so i remain a loyal fan Smile
Deadwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:52 am Reply with quote
Good to hear. I never got the first volume of EX, but if it's as funny as the old series, then I'll need to catch up on it. This girl I used to date introduced me to it back in like 2003, and I couldn't put it down. Sometimes sweet, sometimes dramatic, and always a laugh a minute. Even if boys smoochin' (and doing other things :3) isn't their bag, I'd still recommend Gravitation to comedy fans 'cause it's freaking hilarious. Murakami's got a great sense of humor.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
GATSU wrote:
More importantly, I'm wondering what the hell the hold-up is on Descendants of Darkness 12. Can someone please ask Viz about it?

Ummm... I couldn't tell if you were joking or not, so I will go ahead and answer that. There are only 11 volumes of Desendants of Darkness. It has been on hiatus since 2002. Yoko Matsushita has written a few side stories with some of the supporting characters, but so far there has been no continuation of the manga.

Yeah, it sucks. DoD is one of my favorite anime and manga series and I would have loved to see where it went. But after 9 years, I'm not holding out much hope.

I was completely wrong about this. It tunes out there was a volume 12 published last year, with stories from 2000-01. I completely missed the news about it last year. My bad.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:00 am Reply with quote
cody: It's cool. I think Viz missed the news, too. Rolling Eyes
XValentine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote
So like, not to drag up an old topic, but did anything ever happen with this? I've been looking online and can't actually find anything.

Gravitation is close to my heart for a lot of personal reasons, hell having a picture of the anime as my phone's background is what caused my at the time fangirl to literally drag me out of the closet (in hindsight I really should've known by then), so of course I'm curious about it.

We heard so long ago that it was finally coming out of hiatus, but then I never heard anything else. Did anything actually happen, or was this the worlds cruelest joke?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2