• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2006

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:16 am Reply with quote
I think the HnG broadcast is in Japanese, though.

I don't remember, nor can I recall if it's AZN TV or Imaginasian TV that's broadcasting it.
Raoh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:42 am Reply with quote
Cannot wait for the FMA movie. Absolute joy awaits.

Funny story behind my anticipation is that my sister was in Japan when FUNimation liscensed the movie. I was gonna have her pick me up the Japanese DVD, then I heard it got liscensed and called her to tell her not to.

My patience has paid off, indeed.

Now I hope FUNi is able to dub the song that's sun in the beginning by the gypsies, that'd really impress me.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:40 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
damn! the first Ergo Proxy volume's coming out in november? it doesn't even finish in japan til next month.

i guess companies are getting faster.

That is cool as far as I am concerned. I can't wait to get into this series I held off the fansub and I am very happy, that companies are doing this early license thing, since the releases are coming out quicker. I still can't wait for that first release of the new Hellsing gonna have to preorder that bad boy........
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Hey, did anyone else go to ANN's panel? I was in the very front left seat doing some recording, but... I really don't talk much at all, so I didn't say anything... except I asked Bamboo one question after the panel. She was surprised to see me I think. I would have said "hi" to other people but I'm too damn shy...
arxane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Nobuyuki wrote:
I think the HnG broadcast is in Japanese, though.

It's both English and Japanese, and the channel is ImaginAsian.

The way I see it, Toonami Jestream will probably be a way to gauge the popularity of series like "MAR" and "Prince of Tennis". If they get popular enough, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up on the Toonami block someday.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I know this may seem a bit nitpicky, but it's actually kind of important. Regarding Broccoli Book's acquisition of the "Galaxy Angel 2" manga, it should be "Galaxy Angel II" with Roman numerals. There is already a different manga by the name of "Galaxy Angel 2" (without Roman numerals) in Japan, so it makes a huge difference.

Broccoli International specifically mentioned at their panel that it is spelled "Galaxy Angel II" and that there is already another manga by the name "Galaxy Angel 2".

This should also be fixed in the news article which I noticed also wrote "Galaxy Angel 2". I don't know why I didn't notice it before though, I should have...

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote
danichan: Geneon said they might not be able to get the ED song for PK. Well to be specific, they're "working on it". We'll see.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:16 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Hey, did anyone else go to ANN's panel? I was in the very front left seat doing some recording, but... I really don't talk much at all, so I didn't say anything... except I asked Bamboo one question after the panel. She was surprised to see me I think. I would have said "hi" to other people but I'm too damn shy...

I forgot what day it was so I couldn't go Anime cry Oh, well. I really didn't see anybody from ANN. I hope maybe next I will get the chance again. All in all however I thought it was a very interesting experience, and I will definetly try to go again. Thank You Anime Expo!!
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:27 am Reply with quote
In Geneon Entertainment USA Panel Report, Evan Miller wrote:
The second WWII-themed anime introduced was Zipang, which tells the story of a modern Japanese aircraft carrier that travels back in time to the Battle of Midway.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=231868#231868

Japanese aircraft carrier?! Laughing

Last edited by dormcat on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Saiyo_Chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:13 am Reply with quote
I'm so happy about the second Super Gals season! But what's this I hear about Pinky St.? Is that in any relation to the Pinky Street figures? If there was a Pinky St. anime based on the toys, I'd check it out for sure...
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:51 am Reply with quote
Yes, I would hope so.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:47 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
In Geneon Entertainment USA Panel Report, Evan Miller wrote:
The second WWII-themed anime introduced was Zipang, which tells the story of a modern Japanese aircraft carrier that travels back in time to the Battle of Midway.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=231868#231868

Japanese aircraft carrier?! Laughing

Is Zipang any good? I find myself curious about it now because I'm interested to know how they would treat a story about "high tech" going back in time to possibly affect the LOSING side. I mean, it could make an interesting moral struggle when on the one hand you have your "countrymen" (who you know lost) and on the other hand you have the potential loss of the world as you know it.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
I think they meant to say MAR and Prince of Tennis. Hikaru No Go, if I remember, is broadcasting somewhere.

Yes, I would hope that was a mistake.
www.iatv.tv
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:48 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:

www.iatv.tv

I'm going to double-check this; obviously it's a mistake, but I need to find out if the panelists made the error or the report is wrong first. It will be fixed.
Nionel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
ChibiGoku wrote:
I think they meant to say MAR and Prince of Tennis. Hikaru No Go, if I remember, is broadcasting somewhere.

www.iatv.tv

Unless they meant that CN has no plans to broadcast those two shows, since this panel was specifically about Toonami Jetsteam, I doubt they'd be telling people to go watch one of their shows on another channel
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8