• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2006

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:30 am Reply with quote
Damn you Toei for not allowing an uncut release of BoBoBoBo on DVD! *shakes fist angrily as he thinks they really messed up as far as releases of anime like Sailor Moon, Slam Dunk and St Seiya are concerned*
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Turkishproverb wrote:
I still wish Viz would pull a "Big O II" and agree to help finance the rest of the X manga.
From what I understand finance has nothing to do with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
starcade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
The fact is that AX is officially too big.

I had a decent time, but that was almost exclusively the Fruits Basket party and Laura Bailey. I'd probably have walked out on the con sometime Sunday if not for that.

They seriously need to look at a reg-cap for 2007, esp. if Long Beach is smaller.
candeh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
Well, they must be cute if someone stole one already, unless they are an Answerman otaku. Evil or Very Mad Does anyone have a picture of the prototype?

The stolen prototype looked like this but was about 1/2 the size.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Tokyopop had announced Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning, a “relationship issue” with Square Enix has affected the release of that and several other titles.

Does that mean they no longer hold the licensing to those series? Or do they still officially have them but can't release them?

A certain title I'm interested in that was licensed over a year ago is one of the "several other titles" and I would like to know more of what's going on with that.... I can't even find scans for it past the tenth chapter.... so Tokyo Pop releasing it is going to be the only way I can read the rest of it.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the detailed CLAMP report.

So they started an hour and a half late huh, very unprofessional(AX).

Also thats probably the best answer on X I have heard. I thought there were more than 21 tarot cards though.

Also I always thought Mokona was the one in charge.

It didn't seem like there were that many questions for such a big event, but I guess you don't want to interrogate them either.

Edit: Added (AX)

Last edited by Dargonxtc on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Come on people, did anyone, "run" into them?
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:54 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Come on people, did anyone, "run" into them?
Im sure some of us did but didn't reconize them as being CLAMP. same with Mana.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
blueharlequin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:01 am Reply with quote
I actually missed 100% of the Clamp "event." I figured I could read all about it on ANN later anyway Wink I spent most of the morning wandering around taking pictures of the cosplayers. And even if they were in the crowd it wasn't like they were not totally incognito. I wish I could have had the fortitude to stand in line but not being sure of getting an autograph. And not even a choice; like on my Suki manga either since there was not a single wisp of a chance that Tsubaki Nekoi would sign anything independently. I felt it just wasn't worth it.

I like CLAMP's work but honestly the only one I would stand in line for that ridiculous amount of time would be Kazuya Minekura.

EDIT: Starting at the 5th sentence is an amazing example of slaughtering the English language. Enjoy and read very slowly as it might be confusing to people with linear thought patterns.
Turkishproverb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:05 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Turkishproverb wrote:
I still wish Viz would pull a "Big O II" and agree to help finance the rest of the X manga.
From what I understand finance has nothing to do with it.

Well, I just meant they were having trouble getting further parts serialized due to the events of the past few years. Even Clamp said so early on. THerefore, funding could allow them to work on it and publish it on more pliable terms.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
Turkishproverb wrote:

Well, I just meant they were having trouble getting further parts serialized due to the events of the past few years. Even Clamp said so early on. THerefore, funding could allow them to work on it and publish it on more pliable terms.

You're still wrong. Money is not the issue at all, it has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

CLAMP will continue publishing X when they're ready to do so. That's that.
Karala

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Only one question – that asked specifically about whether or not two characters in Tsubasa were homosexual – seemed to generate real interest and emotion from the fans, although applause did follow virtually everything said by the four women on stage.

For the love of God, what did they say?! Where do I find the questions asked during that time?!

I'm also excited to hear the Lawful Drug will be continued soon!
Horitsuba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I was at the CLAMP panel. Hmm... I was there since 6 lining up but there were people there since 5 AM. My cosplay outfit took too long to put on so I got there late x_x. They only started moving people into Hall D at 6:30.

Karala wrote:
Quote:
Only one question – that asked specifically about whether or not two characters in Tsubasa were homosexual – seemed to generate real interest and emotion from the fans, although applause did follow virtually everything said by the four women on stage.

For the love of God, what did they say?! Where do I find the questions asked during that time?!

I'm also excited to hear the Lawful Drug will be continued soon!

xD Actually, someone asked something about Fye x Kurogane Lol. It was funny because Ohkawa evaded question saying things about how Syaoran was still a kid and he needed some adult figures, but she didn't directly answer it. Heh.
Karala

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Horitsuba wrote:
xD Actually, someone asked something about Fye x Kurogane Lol. It was funny because Ohkawa evaded question saying things about how Syaoran was still a kid and he needed some adult figures, but she didn't directly answer it. Heh.
You're so lucky you got to go!

Hahaha! Thanks for the answer~ Anime smile I figured it'd be about Fye x Kurogane the question was directed towards (hence my need to know the answer), too bad the answer sounds like it was just... completely avoided... unless they're trying to tell us Syaoran'll become gay because of their influence.

I can see it now "Forget Sakura! Look at that hot guy!" ... Nope, wait, I take it back, I can't see that happening at all. Laughing
HanatoYume

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I was kinda hoping to hear something regarding a re-release of Sailormoon Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8