• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket (see 2nd post for thread info)

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I fully agree with everything that Richard said (and why are you posting this late? Or is it early where you are?)
Insomnia. I've been having a lot of trouble getting to sleep lately.

LydiaDianne wrote:
I also like how Akito held out her hand to the spoiler[Old Maid to help her change. But the Old Bat just turned and walked away, refusing to change because she believed that she was too old to change.]
Yeah, that scene just made me shake my head a little. As long as you're alive, you can spoiler[change but I guess that woman's just too set in her twisted ways. Akito scores major points on the Redemption Meter for trying.]

Agree with what you said about Shigure entirely. He has what he wanted all this time.

LydiaDianne wrote:
I like the scene showing Tohru picking up all of spoiler[Kyo's Beads. Regardless of what he thought at the time, they were important. They had been a part of his life for so long that they really should not be just thrown away. And in the final panel...seeing the bead with the Zodiac fingurines, family photos and the baseball cap...well...it brought happy tears to my eyes just now.]
That bit was very well played. It fit perfectly with Tohru's way of thinking and it showed Kyo's maturing side since he understood why she did it.

aya_honda wrote:
That scene was absolutely priceless, taking into consideration that such serious revelations were expected. What I liked even more was the way spoiler[ Kagura threw herself in Kyo's arms, making it look like something serious might come, but then quickly Momiji makes an entrance. Laughing It was priceless to see Kyo's face. ]
Those two never got much "screen time" together but oh boy do they have great chemistry as co-conspirators. Surely one day they'll be playing pranks on each other's new love interests.

aya_honda wrote:
I would have been curious to see how this was going to happen.
Same here. Although, I think it would almost have been wrong to try to show us how spoiler[she does it. Akito has a lot of growing up to do as well as seeking redemption. She honestly needs some time to focus on healing her own wounds before she can truly start healing the ones she's caused. I think just knowing she's going to try tells us she will accomplish her goal. Akito's actually one of the strongest characters in the series in terms of tenacity.]

Oh I can't agree enough with everything you said about Rin. Especially that cute scene. Anime hyper I squee'd at the adorable.

aya_honda wrote:
spoiler[I really hope Momiji found eventually the love of his life because he was one of the few with an open-ending story - well, him and Kagura; maybe they ended up together after all because such open people with such an energy should be together. Very Happy ]
Personally, I see those two as very close friends but not lovers. Of course, who knows what the future could hold. spoiler[Kagura needs to become more independent first though. Her getting a job is, I think, part of her effort to become less Kyo-centric and more Kagura-centric and Momiji needs to take some time to reconnect with his family. I just know he's going to become very close to his little sister, even if his mother can never accept him.]

aya_honda wrote:
And no, Richard, you're not the only one who hopes that spoiler[ Kazuma and Hana-chan will become a couple after all; Hana is after all very matured and composed and Shishou really needs a woman to look after him and after his house, because the man is a disaster in the kitchen anyways. Very Happy And another man who finally finds a woman that suits him is Hatori. I am glad that he finally found a way to forget about Kana.]
Glad I'm not seen as a weirdo for shipping those two! I've got something of a habit of shipping older men with younger women who are collected, mature and/or stoic.

You're totally right aya_honda. Fruits Basket is so rich in detail that every re-read, you find something new. Or a life experience you've had since the last readthrough makes a scene have new meaning. This series is just one of the best manga of all time in my opinion.

It starts out seeming to be little more than a reverse harem fantasty/comedy and ultimately becomes a complex family/drama about the joys and hardships of life.
Layla Darlington

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quote
Oh my god. I love kyo more then anyother character! I like how he is so tuff and hardly shows his nice side, but is sooo sweet to tohru. Very Happy
I like him a bit better then Yuki.[/quote]

Sill it seems that your avatar is Haru
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/fruits_basket/naiyou/images/chara_haru.jpg

Or maybe I'm wrong...
ayanami000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
i read this manga way back 2010 i guess. its already 5 years already and still remember it. Very Happy
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:18 am Reply with quote
ayanami000, if you're going to revive a 5 and 1/2 year old thread you need to put more effort into your post than simply "I read it and I liked it." The rules clearly state you need to post more than a simple one liner. Why did you like it? What characters did you like? What made you read the manga? Something more than just "I like it." Any further posts similar to that will be simply deleted. Thank you.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
i remember i had a manga book of this one but only chapter 1 to 11. and the 11 episode was japanese. :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 170 of 170